Saying for the Day: What one didn't do tells a lot about a person.
Borrowed this from Stacy's blog and made a few changes. What I have done is in red. The other half I will run tomorrow.
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited London
12. Watched a lightning storm on a boat
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa.
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (not to big on the eating)
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk.
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe.
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Finland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured an ancient site
70. Investigated by state police
71. Played Dungeons & Dragons for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town where trains still run and the end may be near.
Tommy has called a special council meeting for Monday night.He and the council members have some kind of plan for the future of government in Pigeon Falls.
That of course assumes there will be a Pigeon Falls to be governed. The old Russian prophecy hangs heavy over the town. Many people have now gone to the website and are convinced it is talking about Pigeon Falls. They are worried about what will happen on December 15. Will the town come to an end? Will the world come to an end? Should they hold Christmas early? The calm voice of reason, Eino , is not being heard. Panic is the order of the day. It is strange how people are willing to believe bad things from a stranger who lived hundreds of years ago. But they are.
Despite all of this the White Rabbit continues to make appearances. Now he carries a sign that says “The World is not ending!”. Mrs. Trumble has been strangely quiet. She seems to have given up the chase. That in itself is a bad sign.
Nancy says the nonsense has been good for her business. People come and have a cup of coffee so they can talk about the prophecy. Most are worried but not so worried they don’t drink their coffee. “Good to the last drop could take on new meaning.
Of course Nancy is not the only one to profit. The Fly Inn bar is doing record business. If coffee won’t kill the pain then a drink of something stronger might. The mood at the Fly Inn is pretty gloomy. These are not happy drunks.
The fifteenth of December is coming.
Today's link:Dave's Armchair. Remember to put Dr. John in the comment to get those really slow JCPOINTS..We will draw for the Pic A Prize winner when Betty gets up.
We have drawn and the winner is.....
Congratulations Miss 1999. Please go to the PIC A PRIZE LIST and pick a prize. Then leave the number in a comment. Miss 1999 had 61 chances to win today. The top person had 2035. She is lucky.
It was one of those special days. We didn't go shopping. We ate left overs but my entire family was here. Both of my sons and their children, my daughter-in-law, and my daughter. It doesn't get much better than this.
Well I need a breathing treatment.