Thursday, January 28, 2010

Flash 55 Friday-The Carp

Because it is Flash 55 Friday Pigeon Falls for the Day is written in 55 words.

Sally broke the silence after the judges left and said “ Of all the girls in town we are cursed with scaevity. That tramp Samantha did it to us and she will pay."
Nancy said " I think we did it to ourselves and I think we need to change."
The other girls thought she was insane.



Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55. Here is my first story:
The fisherman's wallet slipped out of his back pocket into the lake. When he tried to grab it a carp leaped up and flipped the wallet to another carp .
The wallet was tossed from one carp to another carp for several minutes.
This was of course,



the first known example of



Carp to Carp Walleting.


Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the Fourty First chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood.

The entire story to date is HERE
The most recent chapters are HERE

King underwear stood in his underwear.
He wasn't going anywhere.
Less people stop and stare.
He had no clothes or crown
All he could do was frown
They even took his nightgown
Heads will roll he roared
As dragons overhead soared
At least he wasn't bored.
Then Sir Laughsalot returned
the king his ears burned.

24 Comments:

Blogger inappropriatesue said...

GROAN!!! LOL As always you do not let me down. That was quite funny!
I'm up right HERE

5:03 PM  
Blogger Brian Miller said...

yay! laughsalot made it home...but it seems at the wrong moment...

carp to carp walleting...oh my! you never disappoint when it comes to 55s. smiles.

my 55 is up!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Ms Hen's said...

I love it.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always look forward to groaning on Friday's. Nicely done.

You'll find mine here...with an added request to pray for my son and anyone you know that may be in need:

Friday Flash 55 ~ Wounded Bird

6:36 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Oh, my word!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Horay for Nancy. One bad apple changed out of a half dozen is pretty good.

I am not so sure those girls are cursed with anything obsolete. They don't seem smart enough to figure that out.

"Obscene means “offensively or grossly indecent, lewd.” It is probably connected with the Latin scaevus, on the left. That Latin word also led to the now-obsolete word scaevity, meaning awkward, perverse, and unlucky." WORMALL, a blog about the English Language.
..

9:33 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

You certainly covered it with that 55 :-)

12:36 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Carp to Carp Walleting huh? Good one, Dr. John! Oh and I really liked the poem/story too!

1:30 AM  
Blogger SandyCarlson said...

There's flash fiction, and then there's flash fiction!

This lefty salutes you.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Love your 55's Dr. John...they made me smile, heartily! :))

4:01 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

i don't get the carp joke ... i think it's the walleting that has left me thinking...hmmmmmmmm....

i do enjoy your posts though, felt kind of bad for the king ... nah, not really.

mine is up

5:25 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh...it took me a second to figure this one out, but once it 'clicked'...it's great. LOLOLOL

Mine's HERE

Not really 'fiction' this week. You can find it by scrolling below my show n tell friday.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Carp to Carp Walleting! Who knew?
<><

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I hope Nancy proves to be right and the other girls don't do too much damage to others as they learn.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

You are just so very funny. You make my sides hurt.

Getting Reacquainted in 55

8:13 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

ROFL! Oh, you are the silliest thing in Wisconsin! And I LOVE you! Carp to carp walleting! LOL! I bet you thought that one up ALL by yourself!

Fabulous poetry today too!

And... I'm glad at least ONE of the girls got the message!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Susan at Stony River said...

Good for Nancy! I'm a bit worried about myself -- the Carp to Carp Walleting took me a few seconds to get and then, you're right, I groaned! LOL

10:23 AM  
Blogger aims said...

You're not going to believe this - but I had to go ask ......duh! A real groaner Dr. J. I think the fumes have gotten to my brain.....

10:34 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

You don't know just how much I've missed your 55s whilst I've been away Dr John! I didn't have time to do one this week having only just returned from holiday but I'll be back next week. :)

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Groaning and chuckling- wow, you've really done it this time. :)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Very cool 55!

1:25 PM  
Blogger hope said...

Ah, yet another groaner with the ability to make me laugh. :)

3:22 PM  
Blogger clean and crazy said...

your right it is a groaner!! and i enjoyed reading it, sorry it took so long to stop by

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Clipping Path said...

I think you are right.I enjoyed reading it, Thanks for share it.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home