Samantha Westcott rather enjoyed having the in group look at her with awe instead of disdain. She enjoyed even more their reaction when they realized who she was. She had come from being the poor girl on the other side of the tracks whose prime feature was scaevity to the most beautiful girl in the Pageant and it felt good.
The rest of the day went just as well. In the talent competition she stood head and shoulders above the others. She sang an old English Ballad entitled “The Fisherman's Girl”. It was the story of a sad poor girl and she did such a good job singing it it would have brought tears to Simon Cowell's eyes.
The answer she gave to her question in that part of the Pageant was insightful and clear.
In the beauty walk it was obvious she stood head and shoulder above the others.
So it all came down to the last event which was unique to this Pageant. They were each given a ballot containing the names of the six other contestants and asked to rank them from Queen to least likely to be Queen. They were told that in the past this voting had a great impact upon the judges letting them see things they had missed. Each girl filled hers out and turned it in. It took Samantha the longest.
Then the judges deliberated.
I wanted a meme that was a little different so I cobled one together from questions on “ That’s My Answer”
John's own little ten question meme.1. When was the last time you tried something new? What was it?
Just last night. I tried some toenail softener.
2. What is the last thing you bought online? Did it work?
Toenail softener. Don’t know as I haven’t tried cutting them yet.
3. Are you a hoarder? If you aren’t, how close to being a hoarder are you?
Betty and I are both hoarders that’s why the basement and the garage are full.
4. Would you ever allow This Old House to film your home remodel?
No! Our house isn’t old enough to begin with and I don’t want to be on TV with my hair looking like this.
5. How good are you at keeping secrets?
No good at all. I’m a regular sieve. I was much better at it when I was an active Pastor.
6. Are you a grown-up? How do you know?
No! When I was young I got sprinkled with Pixie dust so I will never grow up.
7. It’s fantasy tea-party time … you can invite any three people for cakes and sandwiches and scones and tea! Of course this is different from fantasy dinner party because it’s tea and is such it’ll need to be more refined and you’ll probably need to wear a frock So, tell us, who are you inviting to our very British fantasy tea party?
I have two lists.
On my internet list are Melli, Quilly, and Aims ( Very hard to narrow that list to three)
On my everyday list are Lori, Bree and Dawn ( Betty is going to help me serve)
8. Do you freak out at the sight of a blemish?
I have so many old age bruises that if I did I would be freaking out all the time.
9. If you could go to the land of make-believe for one day, what would you most want to experience?
The yellow brick road and the Emerald City but in second place is Pigeon Falls.
10. What is your soda of choice these days? Could you give it up?
What ever is on sale. Obviously.