Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday

Samantha Westcott called her mother and asked where the beautiful new dress had come from but her mother didn’t seem to know. She pointed out that the door was unlocked and anybody could have come in and left it.
“ I thought Bowser was supposed to wake us up if their was an intruder” Samantha said being by that point very confused.
At that point the doorbell rang and there stood two ladies.
“ A lady who said she was your fairy Godmother paid us to come and do your hair and make up for the Pageant because she had to be somewhere else.. She also said that she hoped you would like the dress she left earlier. You were sleeping and she didn’t want to wake you because you have a big day in front of you.” the older of the two ladies told Samantha.
Then they went to work and when they finished and she was in her new dress there was no question she was the prettiest girl in Pigeon Falls.
“There is snow and dirt out there on the way to the theater. If I walk I will get my beautiful dress all wet and dirty. Do you think you could give me a ride?” Samantha asked the ladies.
“Sorry”, the head lady said,” The car is full of beauty supplies and there is no room for you.”
Samantha thought “ Where is the pumpkin coach when you need one. What kind of fairy Godmother fails to provide a pumpkin coach.?”
Just then the doorbell rang.

We are about to start on a new adventure and if I didn’t suffer from advanced scaevity I would feel much better about it.
I am asking a lot you. I want you to help bring a word back from near death.
Here are the rules for the new game.
1. On Monday I will pick one of Quilly’s three words for the week.
2. I will give you the definition for the word.
3. During the week you will use the word in at least three different blog entries.
4. In today’s comment tell me your playing.
5. The dragons will read your blogs ( that’s a good thing).
6. The following Monday they will award to those who did well the following ugly internet award.


That’s all there is to it.
Now here is this week’s word.
scaevity
(noun ) used from 1623 -1658
It means unluckiness;

I know that unless you are one of those suffering from scaevity you will do well.
Good luck.

If you forget the word or the meaning. It will be featured in the upper corner of this blog all week.

11 Comments:

Blogger cat said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Samantha Westcott certainly suffers no scaevity and I hope it stays that way!

I will try ... TRY... to play along. My blogs are usually more about lack of scaevity than not though... we'll see!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Now I'm waiting for a pumpkin coach.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I can't promise I will Dr John, My posts lately are few and far between.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samantha has no scaevity thanks so much to the goodness of fairy godmothers :) I'm sooooo rooting for her :)

I'm in of course. :) Will be interesting :)Those dragons are going to be busy little fire breathers :)

12:58 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Scaevity and I are not well acquainted, but I will endeavor to play along. If I don't succeed it will be do to CRS, with which I am all too well acquainted!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Dr. John, you've got to watch Quilly. She uses words that aren't even words. And some that aren't words anymore.

If we can have new words recognized by the Oxford Dictionary people then we can have abandoned which are not words, hence non-words.

Scaevity has been resurected and OWNED by Adam of Edinburgh, Scotland. It is his MySpace monicle.
http://www.myspace.com/scaevity

One last item, when little old ladies (lol) speak one should listen.
..

8:44 PM  
Blogger KB said...

I learned a new word today. Thanks for the info.

8:47 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Such scaevity that I'm only doing one post a week at the moment, and I've just done it. Still, I managed to get it in a comment.

12:54 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I like your work of the week. You are such a wise man.
<><

10:58 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home