Friday, November 24, 2006

More about me

Saying for the Day: What one didn't do tells a lot about a person.

Borrowed this from Stacy's blog and made a few changes. What I have done is in red. The other half I will run tomorrow.

01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink

02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain

04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula


07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree


10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited London
12. Watched a lightning storm on a boat


13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game


16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa.
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (not to big on the eating)
18. Touched an iceberg

19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon

22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk
24. Given more than you can afford to charity


25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment

27. Had a food fight


28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight


31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can

32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse

34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking


37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer


40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk.
42. Had amazing friends


43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign


46. Backpacked in Europe.
47. Taken a road-trip
48. Gone rock climbing


49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Finland

52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan

55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero


58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football

61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud


64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater

66. Visited the Great Wall of China

67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured an ancient site


70. Investigated by state police
71. Played Dungeons & Dragons for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married


73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced

********

News from Pigeon Falls-The little town where trains still run and the end may be near.

Tommy has called a special council meeting for Monday night.He and the council members have some kind of plan for the future of government in Pigeon Falls.

That of course assumes there will be a Pigeon Falls to be governed. The old Russian prophecy hangs heavy over the town. Many people have now gone to the website and are convinced it is talking about Pigeon Falls. They are worried about what will happen on December 15. Will the town come to an end? Will the world come to an end? Should they hold Christmas early? The calm voice of reason, Eino , is not being heard. Panic is the order of the day. It is strange how people are willing to believe bad things from a stranger who lived hundreds of years ago. But they are.

Despite all of this the White Rabbit continues to make appearances. Now he carries a sign that says “The World is not ending!”. Mrs. Trumble has been strangely quiet. She seems to have given up the chase. That in itself is a bad sign.

Nancy says the nonsense has been good for her business. People come and have a cup of coffee so they can talk about the prophecy. Most are worried but not so worried they don’t drink their coffee. “Good to the last drop could take on new meaning.

Of course Nancy is not the only one to profit. The Fly Inn bar is doing record business. If coffee won’t kill the pain then a drink of something stronger might. The mood at the Fly Inn is pretty gloomy. These are not happy drunks.

The fifteenth of December is coming.

*********

Today's link:Dave's Armchair. Remember to put Dr. John in the comment to get those really slow JCPOINTS..We will draw for the Pic A Prize winner when Betty gets up.

We have drawn and the winner is.....



Miss 1999.

Congratulations Miss 1999. Please go to the PIC A PRIZE LIST and pick a prize. Then leave the number in a comment. Miss 1999 had 61 chances to win today. The top person had 2035. She is lucky.

It was one of those special days. We didn't go shopping. We ate left overs but my entire family was here. Both of my sons and their children, my daughter-in-law, and my daughter. It doesn't get much better than this.

Well I need a breathing treatment.

GBYA






14 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Nice post. This is one of my favorite memes.

Did you really hug a tree? That would definately be worth a post of its own.

Hope you and Betty are having a nice holiday.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I'm getting worried. Only three weeks until Dec 15.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I just did this meme recently also and later there is another meme called "Why I'd NEVER!!!" that I'll list 20 things I've never done. Not sure if I'll attack it by naming things I hadn't done that I want to do or naming things I hadn't done that I hope to never do. =O)

7:58 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Very good list Dr John! When you do a meme you do it well. So tell me, are you haveing leftovers today too?

8:06 AM  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Well, I'm flattered! Just how did you come on my Arm Chair, anyway? Thanks for the link - looks like I've already made a few connections!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I went through and only read the red. it is always nice to get to know the little tidbits of a lifetime of adventures. you have had a wonderful many happy events. but how on earth were you investigated by state troopers?
************
It is a very good job that Tommy is doing leading the town. i hope all the grownups have learned a thing or two.
glad money is coming to the town's businesses. considering what is to come and how afraid everyone is, they are all handling themselves very calmly. considering how i freaked out for the yr 2000 and Y2K, i can assure you i wouldn't be that calmed..
********************
i hope you all have a wonderful day together. enjoy. take care and hugs all around. read you tomorrow God willing.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

26 is awful but always so much fun at the same time! LOL!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Hey, Dr. John -- I did that same meme several days back. I see you've never had a foo fight. It's not too late to try it, but I'll wager not in Betty's kitchen.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Enjoyed your post today, I'd never held a tarantula, you have more courage than I do, though I wouldn't hold a snake either.

Time permitting I'll tabulate my results to all to share.

A blessed weekend to you and Betty.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

We finally went to the post office a while ago to check the mail, which hadn't been checked since saturday. In my box was an envelope from you containing my certificate and snow globe! Thank you Thank you Thank you! Snow globe has been filled with water and now sits atop my computer monitor, so that I may think of you and family, and the great kindness!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Coffee, they're drinking something stronger than a cup of coffee at the bar in Pidgeon Falls? I didn't know the bar served exspresso! (VBG)

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liked the saying of the day and the tidbits about you..

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what a get for being too busy to get on the internet for a couple of days... I missed a prophecy! Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds to me as if you've had some wonderful experiences in your lifetime. And that you managed to skip some that would be just as well left skipped ( #'s 23 and 149, for example). Good for you.
Now I feel as though I know you just a bit better !

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Investigated by the state police, huh? What on earth could have brought that about?

I was stopped once by the state police in Ohio on suspicion of drunk driving. Someone phoned it in and the trooper sat waiting for me to drive past. As soon as he saw me he was pretty sure it was a mistake, but he had to check. Why was he sure? I was in a church van full of teens on the way home from a rally. He just laughed and said I was going to have quite a story to tell the church.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home