Sunday, November 19, 2006

In the dog house!

Saying for the day: Look before you leap or at least before you get a dog.

It is Sunday , a day of rest, but there will be no rest for the Linna household.
We are trying to get everything ready to go on Tuesday.
We have clothes to pack, and hospital type stuff.
We have calls, to cancel things, that have to be made.
We have Christmas ornaments we need to take .
We have enough stuff to fill the van twice.
In addition we have to bring down from the attic everything that is there.
One thing after another.
In the midst of all of this I did a very stupid thing.
I was raised with a purebred English Springer Spaniel.
Yesterday my sister called and I had a chance to get one that was housebroken and only two years old.

I jumped at the chance.

Wrong move John.

My wife is now ready to put me out on the street oxygen tubes and all.

She is of course right but its all my sister’s fault.
If she hadn’t told me I wouldn’t have jumped.

Well the dog isn’t really mine its going to Peter and family and I get it only if they don’t want it.
My wife is sure I will get it.
She always looks for the black cloud behind the silver lining.

If everything works my granddaughter and grandson have a new dog.
It is trainable.
It is a Springer.

I called Peter before I jumped.
They had a family gathering and decided to try it.
My granddaughter is all excited.

If I don’t blog tomorrow its because there is no computer in the doghouse.


@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my garage where the trains still run and a dragon flys into garages– Ernie has been watching Mrs. Trumble’s garage. He swears he didn’t sleep Friday night but watched Mrs. Trumble’s garage all night. The garage door never opened. Mrs. Trumble left her truck outside. He is sure there is a dead dragon in the garage. When Mrs. Trumble went to town yesterday he went over to peek in the garage but there was no window in t he garage door. There is a window on the side but it is too high and Ernie would have to drag something over to stand on. He was afraid he would get caught and be arrested as a peeping Tom. Soon after Mrs. Trumble came home.
In the afternoon Tommy came with his big red wagon. He carried a bag of groceries inside and stayed for an hour. Before he went in Ernie asked him to try to get a peek in the garage to see if there was a dead dragon there. When he came out Ernie stopped him and asked if he had had a chance to look in the garage. He said that he told Mrs. Trumble that he heard she shot the dragon and it was in her garage . She took him out to the garage and showed him there was no dragon.
Poor Ernie, he was so sure it was there. One hopes he gets some sleep tonight. He can’t watch that garage forever.
Nancy says that one by one the hunters are coming back. The ones that took their sons to hunting camp have to be back by tonight because there is school tomorrow. Some are stoping for coffee so she is getting to hear some hunting stories. One hunter claimed that a deer charged him and only by hitting it right between the eyes with the butt of his gun was he saved from sure destruction. The deer wobbled off while the hunter tried to fire the gun but wacking the deer had done something to the firing mechanism .
*****


Link for the day: Blogaway-Remember to put the words Dr. John in the comment to get those youthful JCPOINTS. Check your totals HERE.
My ister showed up early with the dog. It is really cute. But it has no interest in me and has fallen in love with Betty. If she leaves the room he whines. It must be hard for him to have left a house with two active kids to live with us old folk. He can catch a ball in the air. I may get thrown out of the procrastinator's club. By tommorrow I will have all the certificates, globes. cups , and prizes sent out. One cup will be left because I don't have the address for it yet. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

21 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Ernie needs to set up a video camera so he can get some sleep.

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog looks different. Did you change the design. I like it. Even if it hasn't changed. Which I think it has, ha,ha..

I'm kind of cheering for you getting the dog..

Have a nice, albeit busy, Sunday..

6:06 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Dog house huh! That was funny! I love dogs and I spoil them a lot. I treat them like babies but my last puppy really traumatized me that I decided never to get one again.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU JUST DON'T GIVE LIFE A CHANCE TO BE D U L L ... do you?

I am sure that God is directing you always ... sometimes that is what makes us do unexplained things ... that later make sense.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who to hope gets to keep the dog because I'm sure Betty can't stay mad at you for very long. And one look in those big brown eyes and I'm sure she'll be hooked.

What is Tommy up to with that Mrs. Trumble? I wonder if the two of them have cooked the whole rabbit/dragon, or at least kept it going, to keep things stirred up and exciting?

6:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the image of you trying to blog from the doghouse. You could probably do it if you set up wireless.
Thank you for making me your link of the day. I am honored. It is nice, and flattering to be noticed. Good luck with your dog.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Sure Betty feels this way now with all that is going on she feels she needs this like a hole in the head.

But when things settle down and she can finally sit back a little. Then she notices the joy that this family addition brings -

- it will then be forever known as "her dog."

8:29 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Pete was the only one in the family not ready to get a dog yet but you, his father, got him to change his mind.

Bless you.

(I hope you do get it....we will take good care of him until you move into your place. Think of us as foster parents for the puppy).

9:26 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I hope you get the puppy, and if you are put in the doghouse with said puppy make sure you have your computer powered with a long extension cord and wireless network connexion.

Blessings for a wonderful Sunday

11:56 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I dont blame you Dr John. Who doesnt love a dog?? But I can see Bettys point too, I think its just the timing. Trying to get everything done. I hope she doesnt put you out on the street while its cold! At least you will have your dog to keep you warm!

12:36 PM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Oh - I hope and pray you have better luck with the "used" dog than I did!

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope ther is heatin in the doghouse Dr. John nights can get pretty cold this time of year. But maybe the Springer will keep you warm. :-)

Hope the packaging and goes smoothly although with us its the reassembling that is the hard thing, always something left over when its done.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Good for you on getting the dog!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

You've got a busy day on your hands! I hope all goes well with the dog :0)

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, I just wanted to say that I feel so special that you sent people to my humble little blog spot. Seriously, it felt so good to have that many people comment on me, just wanted to say thanks!

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! nice vid in the top of your blog!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

We never adopt a dog, they adopt us. You're toast. You belong to that dog now. By the way, springer spaniels are wonderful dogs, as you know. Good move...!

Cheers,
Josie

4:07 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John, the dog adores Betty because he knows who he has to win over to stay -- or she smells more like dinner.

Tommy and Mrs. T. are up to something and their feuding is obviously put on. I am staying tuned for more ...

4:15 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

good evening to you. i can't believe you are in the dog house with Betty. she adores you too much..just look at her with your adorable big eyes, lower your voice, pout a little your lips and tell her how much you didn't mean to make more work for her, that you acted out of childhood memories, nobody can blame you there..besides, if you don't get the pup than Lori and the kids will be more than happy to. either way that lucky dog will end up in a happy, full of love and attention home.
********
i'm starting to worry that something is happening behind the scenes with Mrs. Trouble and Tommy. I think that this might end up being a huge turn about of events. glad the hunters are coming back safe.
*****************
Well, well, well..looky here, the dog is now with you and adores Betty..ahh, well, you know what this means, he still needs the motherly love and comfort. don't take it personally, sometimes our pets choose there owner and not the other way around. the good thing is that i bet Betty is in love and won't be wanting to let it go now. A few yrs ago i gave a kitty to my eldest and the kitty chosed my oldest daughter for the owner..it's just the way it is. than again, we have a rabbit many moons ago that choosed him over her (it could also have been, she was way little and kept on tugging at him, lol)...

i hope you feel well today and that you and Betty enjoy your new family member..What is the pups name? boy or girl? Blessed night to all and much love.

6:56 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

I hope you dont tire yourself too much from that whole list of things to do.

I hope you get the dog! I just want to see pictures of it.. that's all.. hee he..

Have a blessed week!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Ah Dr. John......there is lots to be said for the dog house....no vacuuming.....or dusting.

Well I understand jumping on the idea of having a new dog....I love my dog. But I do understand that maybe waiting until you are settled might have been more to Betty's liking. Dog's are like having a new baby in the house....you know.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home