Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday-Happy comment day

Saying for the Day: Only a real scrooge doesn't like comments.

It’s leave a comment Monday. The day I go begging for comments.

Why?

Because I love comments.
I know they have no real value but I like them.
I want them.
I chase after them.

Last week was a good week I got to read 635 of your comments during the Marathon.
It was such a joy.
You are such creative people.
And I got to read each and every one of them.
How great is that?
They were so good that I am hard pressed to pick out a couple but there were two that struck me not as being the best but just different’.

The first was Bazza’ s comment on his own blog:
“ Wow what a fantastic blog you've got Bazza, with special guests too. I shall definitely come back here again, whether Dr John sends me or not. “

The second was by Chana :
“buenas mananas. dr. John te hizo un link en su marathon. te cuento que yo seria unas de esas que me durmiera ida y vuelta…any excuse to sleep i say..specially in a vehicle..truly peaceful for me.”
I don’t have the slightest idea what she said but it contained the words Dr. John.
Since I don’t know Spanish it could have said almost anything.

So I award the two of them each 20 JCPOINTS.
I know they have no real value but I like to give things away.

On Wednesday I’ll comment further on the Marathon.

Today is also the day when those JCPOINTs could get you a pricless prize from the PIC A PRIZE list.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run and dragons fly– Tomorrow the Masons will hold their annual Deer Hunter’s Supper at the Masonic building. With all the deer hunters flooding in for the hunting season which starts on Wednesday it should go well. There is some expectation that this is a big enough event to bring out the White Rabbit and perhaps the Dragon as well. One is not sure of this because some of those hunters can’t tell a cow from a deer they may think the White Rabbit is a deer and shoot it. Deer hunters from the lower Peninsula are a weird bunch. Because of deer season the school will be closed on Thursday and Friday. This isn’t to let the kids go hunting but the teachers. If they didn’t close the teachers would call in sick.
Nancy expects to see some extra business as well. She even made saffron buns shaped like deer to sell to hunters. Hunters are big business.
The Fly Inn will see an increase in guests and in people at the bar. Pigeon falls loves deer season.
Mrs. Trumble complained to Nancy that she is having a hard time getting people to sign her recall petition. They are afraid if they sign they will be expected to become the new Mayor or council members. According to her everybody knows she’s right but they still won’t sign.
Ernie Westcot, who is known to drink a bit too much, swears he saw the White Rabbit hopping around in Mrs. Trumble’s garage . The door was open and her truck was gone. Mrs. Trumble says “ that Rabbit wouldn’t dare . If he broke into my garage I would have the right to shoot him.” Ernie says it moved back and forth waving at nobody and then the garage door closed all by itself. Mrs. Trumble said the door was closed when she came back from the store and there was no White Rabbit in the garage. Of course since it is a demon it could have walked through the wall. Ernie swears he was only a little drunk and he knows what he saw.
*****

Today's Link:Corporate-Alien Blog:-- Remember to put the words Dr. John in the comment to get those futuristic, scarey JCPOINTS. Check your total HERE.
Had a good night last night. No bells, no whistles, no loose oxygen hoses!
Betty will draw when she gets up.

Betty is up: She has taken out the garbage . ( That's what she does on Monday before anything else)

Now she is ready to draw.

She has drawn.

The winner is


Drum Roll and Trumpet in background very quiet

MARGARET


Congratulations Margaret. Now go to the PIC A PRIZE list and pick a prize. Leave the number in a comment. Margaret had 1547 chances to win this prize. the top person had 1973 chances and didn't win. Congratulations Margaret.
It was a good day today. I went to the doctor and said I am doing very well. It was sad because I really like my doctor and now I have to find a new one. Betty went to the credit union and got the closing check. Penny accepted an offer on the house. I worked on the blogger globes but it will be a week or two before I finish them. The last of the blog cups haven't come yet. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

20 Comments:

Blogger Bazza said...

Thanks for the extra points Dr John, and a very interesting blog you've sent us too today.

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deer season in Pigeon Falls sounds like deer season here in SW PA. As a holiday it comes second only to Christmas and The Fourth of July.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Good morning.
thank you for the points sir..that comment was left to Twisted Chilli..his post had talked about his new long (1hr each way) commute to and from...

"buenas mananas. dr. John te hizo un link en su marathon. te cuento que yo seria unas de esas que me durmiera ida y vuelta"

the translation is:

"good morning. dr. John made you one of his links in his marathon. i tell you i be one of those that would sleep all the way to and from"

i wrote it in spanish, since he had started his blog in spanish and had joked, wrong side of the border, ;) ..

i feel happy that you had so many wonderful comments to read. 635 is alot..that is alot of happiness to bring out into blogland..good job..

i loved Bazza's comment too..i think some of my favorite comments are the ones that we leave on our blogs, it is weird what to say really and the ones we leave on family members..:)

i love seeing Betty or Bree or Lori write Dr. John all over the place, :) ..i think i be so tempted to say grandpa or hubbby or father ..
**************
cows and deers look very different..i say if by mistake the rabbit or dragon get shot, it should be noted it was probably by Mrs.Trouble and she would likely to claim mistaken animal identity..
i'm started to get a little worried, she is not giving up in her quest to get them. i hope she soons makes peace with them being around. i'm sure the hotel and Nancy's place will see a boost in traffic. Ernie's sighting is quite the interesting tidbit..hmmm, i wonder what the rabbit is up to..teasing her maybe?
********************
I'm so happy, you guys had a restful and peaceful and noneventful night..whoo-hooo..now, hopefully every night is like this, no more midnight happenings for you or Betty..
glad you heard a good sermon yesterday. Jack must have been happy to see you both in the crowd. Take care and we will read you tomorrow..Hugs and much love all around.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i just caught the last bit in the morning news...a hunter has been killed by a deer that he had penned up in NY..

you might want to warn the hunters..

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dr john...meeting is tonight..say an extra prayer for us..

7:20 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Heres my comment....Im ready to go shopping....Mom and I are meeting a friend for lunch and shop a little. OK, Mom is ready and if Im not ready heads will roll!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Is there anyone out there who does NOT like comments????

7:54 AM  
Blogger broadcastellan said...

Do they still sit around the old wireless in Pigeon Falls to hear what's on the air? On the air, where ghosts and shadows appear daily, where the best hunting is for signals, and where home folks like Vic and Sade live life one day at a time. Thank you for stopping by. Yes, we all enjoy getting comments.

9:40 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

NOW..this is very tricky for me.Its tuesday here when your on monday..so do I
a) leave the comment on sunday
b)stay up til midnight sunday and leave it then
c)have one of my friends in the states do it for me anonomously.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oye, pero no fue un chiste! ;-)

12:25 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Ooooh! Mondays aren't so bad after all. I come home from a hard day at work to find out I won my very first Dr. John prize!!

I like #5, The Froggy Bathtub Stopper. Our's have gone missing and I have been resorting to stuffing washclothes in the drain hole to keep the water in the tub. Doesn't really work so well but I keep forgetting to write "stoppers" on my hardware store list.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

The White Rabbit was at Mrs Trumble's looking for the sweater!

Today's link......a bit too paranoid for me daily read, but thanks.

2:36 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol!
hi Dr John
trying to think of a memorable comment, but it seems to elude me

ok - how about
Dr John sent me to visit many people's blogs, to remind them to visit Dr John's blog...

now, isn't that what Christ said to his apostles

So the message is working, until it reaches every heart, and though sometimes the message gets lost in the blogosphere, and sometimes the message may fall on deaf ears, it isclear the message flies at speed of light, even through the years.

Hope you are having fun,
come much rain or much sun

3:41 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

The White Rabbit AND the Dragon- man, I wanna be there for that one! :0)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Yay! To the offer on Penny's house.

I grew up in Northern Idaho and hunting season was an accepted school holiday, but they called it "harvest break" beacuse we were all supposedly out bringing in the hay.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Comments are good as chocolate cake........ :):)

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ich liebe dich!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

It was a holiday here in Canada today, so I have had a really lazy day, which is just as well because it hasn't stopped raining for a week. I'm thinking of building an arc.

So, this is my comment for leave a comment Monday.

Cheers,
Josie

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Margaret beating the odds! I'll be wishing that you like new doctor just as much as the old doctor.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

Hey Dr John,
I'm a 'foreign' blogger lucky enough to host many of your regular readers in the marathon- best gift I've had for many moons- a fantastic surprise.
my thanks matey. Now to start work on visiting all those new lives and return comments.

have a great week,

Ev

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home