Friday, November 03, 2006

The end of the line

Saying for the Day: You don't appreciate the layout till you take it down.





These are pictures of the 027 train layout we had in the living roon. I say had because yesterday as we get ready to move we took it down.

It was there for over a year.

Both trains were started and stopped from my chair . The lights in the village were turned on from there as well.

The Village had a hill where sled riders rode.

It had moving skaters.

It had a ball room with moving
dancers.

We hope to build a bigger layout in Neenah but it will be in the basement.

Betty made the mountains and laid out the village. I did all the wiring.

I also built the table which was built in four parts.
to make it easy to take down.

Now Betty has to crawl under the table and take out the bolts that hold the four little tables together.

We thought we might give you a look before it passes into history and is gone forever except in the pictures.




@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my garage where the trains still run and dragons fly free– Eino and Nancy went to the last council meeting before the election and begged the members to consider coming back to the office. But the council members were adamant that they were not ever going to be council members again. They reminded Eino and Nancy of all the trouble the Council had been through in the past year. Then it was the council’s turn and they begged Eino and Nancy to allow their names to be written in. But neither Eino or Nancy was willing. Eino said he had served for six years as Mayor and six years before that as a Council member. Nancy said she just doesn’t have the ability to do the job.
So it looks very much like after Tuesday Pigeon Falls will not have either a Mayor or a town Council.
Eino is till waiting to hear from the FBI about the missing Hermit. He threw the problem into their lap early in the week.
Billie Bullfish wants to start a new political movement. She calls it the New Broom movement . Her idea is that we should throw out all the incumbents because they have failed to serve us. The Republicans because they didn’t get anything done and the Democrats because they offered no real alternatives but just spent their time sniping. She says that if we vote them all out they might get the message that we expect responsible action on their part. Her husband says it will never happen because this is the year of the big Democratic sweep and they can smell blood. But after they get elected nothing will really change. They will work for the same big money people that owned the Republicans. The little guy doesn’t stand a chance.
*****

Today's Link-Neutron News- Remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment to get those informative but worthless JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your totals. Today's link is recommended by Betty. You are all welcome at any time to suggest a link. The criteria are few. The link must be interesting and get few comments but beyond that no restrictions.
It has been a very good day. My son Peter and family and my daughter Pennie came home to be part of the coffee tomorrow. They grew up here and my leaving ends their relationship to the town . I preached tonight. They were very kind and said it was a good sermon but it wasn't up to my old standards. But it felt good to be preaching. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

19 Comments:

Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Your village is AMAZING!!! So much talent and skill in such detail! Wishing it and you both safe travels to your new home!

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That layout is such a thing of beauty! I'm sure it will be just as magical in its new home. You and Betty are very talented.
Dark days in Pidgeon Falls. They are in need of a white knight.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

When my son was a Cub Scout, the troop took a field trip to visit a club of model railroad enthusiasts. The detail was incredible! There is obviously a lot of care, planning and love that goes into building these wonderful villages, as was obvious then and in your photos.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing the new layout!

Kat - maybe a White Knight will appear out of the blue - as did the White Rabbit and the Dragon. It could happen!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I willl look forward to the new layout.

7:50 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

Oh how magical that looked, must have given so much joy. look forward to seeing the new layout :)

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Billie is smart, and idealistic, but her husband is probably right.

thanks for sharing the village! I want to live there.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

It's a shame to have to take it down but I hope you can put it back up as is in your new home.

I've been MIA for the most part lately but have had a little time to play catch up today. Glad to see that I did not miss a marathon but sorry to learn that Chana has been sick.

Well, back to the turkey dinner I'm fixing for this evening since our daughter from Pa. and her husband will be here...

11:47 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

When I was little growing up my Dad took me for a drive and we visited this man I didn't know. He was a friend of my Dad's and had a gift for me.

We brought home a complete Train Set made up of 027 trains and track. My Dad set it up in the living room. The memory I remember most about this train set is on Christmas Morning I wanted to play with the trains more than see what Santa brought.

I hope you get a place to set up your trains in your new home.

Blessings for a wonderful weekend.

Bill

12:06 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Dr John,
Just think all the fun
you'll have setting it all up again
at your next place.

Wishing you a peaceful weekend!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I can imagine how relaxing it is to sit in your chair and watch the village and train. It is truly awesome. Im sorry you have to take it down, but hopefully only for a little while. It gives Betty and you so much enjoyment.

12:58 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Its just gorgeous..and wonderful fairy town.
Now its the end of that era and onto the new one:)
Have a great weekend,,you and Betty and breathe easy.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

So, let me see if I've got this striaght -- you had a village in your back yard, but now it is boxed and in your garage. You also had a village in your basement, and you are in the process of boxing it up now?

From now on you will be known as The City Relocator.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

New Broom movement -- makes sense. I have always wondered where the Whigs got their name.

2:47 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Does this mean there will be no more marathon? I may be resting but I still have the energy for the marathon.
Those are very fabulous layouts.
Wishing you well in your new home.
Thanks for stopping by.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Your layout is so beautiful. I do hope you are able to set it up in your new home and that you will be able to enjoy it there with as much gusto as you both have here. maybe somehow a way might occur it might be in your main room again. you never know, why not really..they need you and you make them real and from them comes great, great stories and joy to us all. I will someday visit you dr. John, poor you and Betty for i'm coming i tell you, lol..and i come with 5 kids at least, lol..I will someday experience all this beauty and toys and layouts and hear your stories and hear you teach through your sermons..
*************
Billie has something there. Something new must be the key. Eino and Nancy are wonderful for the town, i hope whatever it happens it keeps the people together, working together..maybe a town without officials might not be a bad thing..
********************
No one that knows anything about me, could ever say i'm not emotional. i cry often, tears of joy and of sandness. either way i feel things...
i don't like much fuzz of me for i honestly, honestly don't see i do any good. i have lived with two saints, my great-grandparents. they were the most fantastic people on earth. their love for humanity and for each other was unmesurable. their endless feeding the poor in the streets, having cutlery for them at their house, inviting the homeless 24/7, visiting the jailed, feeding them. talking to the ladies that worked the street with as much respect as they did to the priests..their love for me and thier pride in me. they saw something wonderful inme that i have never really seen (crying my heart out here, ouch). they didn't just attend church but lived God's word and tried to follow his steps. my grandma in Miami is another angel. i do anything to live with her and i'm so ever tempted to somehow moved back there..not that i can. i am not a resident apparently and i have 5 kids and they cannot be separated from their dad..but if i could i be with her..i love her. i need her. she is so wonderful. she is so good, and kind and loving and funny...You remind me so much of all 3. i have told you before. from my first day in your blog i new i was home. i wrote you immediately an email and you probably thought i was a nut (and you are must correct, lol)..you are my surrogate something..i don't know what title but you don't need one. i feel good here. i feel safe.
when people say good things, i am grateful but i try to not think about it.. i know all my faults. i'm a pain in the butt, ask anyone here i tell you, lol..it's uncomfortable to hear praise or to hear mushy, mushy (of course this is coming from me, go figure the ironicy in that, lol) but today, your words in my blog, went thorugh everything in me. straight in, to the deepest of me. just the place only my great-grandparents live and my Nany. when they said or say something i believe it. no questions, no fear, i actually feel their lvoe and acceptance of me. their approval..your words today have mad me cry so hard, good tears sir, good, wonderful tears. i feel great right now. i feel good about me right now. this second i feel that there might just be something good i have done...i had no choice, i felt your love and it means all to me. God Bless and God knows i thank you.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Keep this up and you'll soon convince me to buy a model train and start making a village for under the tree this Christmas.

Yeah, I'm in one of those "crafty moods."

4:17 PM  
Blogger Neutron said...

Hi Dr John, ta for the link!

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That layout is a true enthusiasts dream, my son would have loved it. And now you hope to extend it, what a sight that will be. I hope you have a magical whistle :-)
All best wishes to you and Betty

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow...you are preaching, right???

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home