Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thousand Individual Points Club (TIPC)

Saying for the day: Of the forming of clubs there is no end.

What this world really doesn’t need is another club.
There are clubs for fat people see Betty’s blog for Today and there are clubs for thin people.
There are clubs for crafty people and people who jump off of bridges.
There are so many clubs it would be hard to keep track of them.
Having said that I want to call your attention to just one more club.
It is the JCPOINTS “Thousand Individual Points Club“ or TIPC.
Yesterday there were five TIPC bloggers , Margaret, Catch, Friday’s Child, Stacy, and Chana.
Today we welcome two new members.

Cindy and Quilldancer.


Like all good clubs this one entitles you to something.
Our club perks :
1. You can refer to yourself as being TIPC and not have to drink to get there.
2. You get a free cup of coffee and a saffron bun every time you visit the real world fortress of Dr. John.
3. A beautiful membership card ( not yet sent due to Dr. John’s belonging to the Procrastinators Club.)
4. Better odds on the Monday and Friday drawings.( Why do you think they win so often)
5. First blogs to be visited by Dr. John in the morning.
6. Top place in Dr. John’s Link list.
7. Bragging rights
These , of course, are not all the perks the rest are detailed in the beautiful brochure that they received (will receive) with the card.

When you become TIPC you know you have arrived ( you just don’t know where).

@@@@
Please note that today's Pigeon Falls is owed to Cindra Jo and her 18 word challenge. The darkened words are hers and in the order in which she gave them.
@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my garage where the trains still run and ordinary people get to play detective.-Eino called a good friend who lives in Portland and asked him to go to Powell’s City of Books , a veritable wonderland, and look through the 1,ooo,ooo books they have there for books about the company that bought the Hermit House. The friend in Portland owed Eino a favor though he can barely remember why. Eino felt that an independent like his friend on a foraging expedition will do better than Homeland Security. Eino would wander through the store himself if he had the time.
Mrs. Trumble is wondering what it is that lures the White Rabbit to come out. She is offering a reward for this information or any information that culminates in the capture of the White Rabbit , dead or alive. Tom, the game warden , said she better not break any laws.
Bob Murphy , who suffers from bibliophila, has been pestering Mayor South to put books in the city bathrooms. She said she is afraid people would be tripping over them and sue the city. Bob says the flippin' Mayor doesn’t know what she is talking about. She acts so pretentious but doesn’t love books. Mayor South covets the time when she won’t be Mayor any more and won’t have to put up with this. One can predict , without fear that she won’t run again. It looks like the town will need lots of luck to get anybody to run and Bob might be one of the reasons.
*****

Today's Link:Juz Z h1yong Blog: Remember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment to get those world traveling JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your totals. JCPOINTs are, of course, the doorway to the dreary world of Pic A Prize.
Betty went to Tops. I spent the morning and most of the afternoon redoing my link list. I added a bunch of new links including Rev. Dr.Kate, Smythe, Qusar9, Sunflower Optimism, Josie, Cuppojoe, Cindra Jo, Kat Campbell, Zingtrial, Candy, Butterflies, Sandy, and Sleeplessinoklahoma. I have also tested the links and they seem to work.
Betty spent teh afternoon cleaning out the pool on the layout. she drained the water and pulled the pump. She had to break the ice off the top to get to the water. She was pretty cold when she came in. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

19 Comments:

Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Wow, a thousand points, a thousand comments. Darn near must call that community service! So many days brightened!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I have never care to be in any particular group. I have always been happy just doing my own thing...until i met you..I love being part of TIPC and i'm most proud of it..I'm happy to talk to anyone about Dr.John, most think you are a real doc and frankly you kind are..You have made me feel much better since meeting you. Joe's sister in law knows about your train layout and stories..all my kids know about Betty and John like they have spend days with you..and about your stories..

I remember how upset, lol, i felt during my cruise for i knew i miss the first marathon, lol...

I know Joe loves his coffee and can't go a day without it (not happily anyways) well, i love my Dr.John fix and i love stopping by and seeing what your brilliance bought us today..

Funny enough, the competitive side comes in a bit with the wonderful JC points too, i'm always looking at Catch from the back (and like i said before she has great legs) and i'm trying to catch up..almost did there but i missed the wknd because of my sniff, sniffs..
But as much as i love my JC points, and trust me, i do...I love you and i love Betty so very, very much..

I feel welcomed and part of your extended family. I feel comforted and loved with you. I feel like i can learn a million things a day..I would love to spend time listening to you and your tales...

Thank you for all those JC points..and thank you for your friendship.
**********
Brilliant way to incorporate Cindra's word game..I say you win, hands down...
******************
I hope you are feeling well. Betty has always been just right..inside and out..Tell her she is a beauty but always has been..

Hugs all around and much love.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Clubs remind me of high school. The more clubs you belonged to the more popular you were. Doesn't say much for individuality, does it?

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! The company I'm keeping these days. I'm honored to be lumped in with the rest. And we get perks, too. Woot!

Seriously, I owe it all to you. Yours is the first blog I visit every day because I can't wait to see what interesting story from your life you've shared, what's going on in Pigeon Falls and who you're sending us off to visit. You've created a real community of folks through your blog that I haven't seen anywhere else.

7:13 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Oooh!

I want in.. that means.. I must start commenting more diligently..

When I'm in.. does that mean we get to have an election for officers in the club..

I would love to be president.. so I can say..

"not only am i the president.. i'm also a member!"

It's early.. my mind functions in "corny mode"..

7:40 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I am so honored to be in this prestigeous club with these great women! I think we need tags for our blogs that say I am a member of the TIPC club, anyone know how to make them?

PLEASE, EVERYONE WHO STOPS HERE COME OVER TO MY BLOG AND LEAVE A COMMENT TODAY...ITS A SPECIAL POST. THANK YOU

http://shericakes/blogspot.com./

8:03 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Great job on the 18 word challenge. I have a feeling Mrs. Trumble is only jealous of the White Rabbits sweater collection and ashe wants to "one up" him with one knitten with Angora.

I love belonging to the TIPC club.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to all the club members. And thanks, Dr.John for joining the Word Challenge club. You had a darned fine entry!

9:44 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

Congrats to the TIPC members!
I just don't have enough time to get anywhere near that figure! It may take yrs. before I'm in that club!
; ]

9:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They do deserve to be in such a wonderful club for all the good comment cheer they spread to all of us. Thanks to you for starting such a club.
Here by way of Catch! :P

12:40 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I may never belong to the TIPC club, but I am President of the Procrastinator's Club. Glad to have you as a member..haha

1:10 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Even tho I dont get time to comment on everyones blog,Im happy to be a member of the blogging community and am thrilled to have all these wonderful friends to help me in my time of need:)

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh to be a TIPC member, giggles all the way I bet! Congratulations to you 1,000 comments that is a remarkable feat and deserves recognition. Good idea dr. john.

Great entry for the 18 worder too dr.john! Good luck.

4:00 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

So Dr John you not only found time, but it served a double (oops! almost said higher) purpose, too
both as Cindra Jo's competition and the fortress linna tale of the day

Waste not want not
applied wisely to time
time & time again.

Surprised to hear you don't like hugs though, you exude ((hugs)) as you wonder thru the blogosphere

4:11 PM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

I think these girls should all get T-shirts that say, "I Got TIPC with Dr. John".

Congrats to you all!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I am TIPC -- and I'm proud of it!

I also voted for you at Cindra's, Dr. John -- why aren't you rushing everybody over there? The vote closes at midnight Pacific time, Thursday.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I think I need to be a member of the procrastinators group! That's so me!

PS: I know the secret to luring the White Rabbit, but I can't tell! :0)

10:12 PM  
Blogger fennymun said...

oh, it's fun. Without filling out an application form, I am already a TIPC member!

Glad to know you and other club members via this cyber space. Seems that I have a long way to go in order to catch up with the others....

1:38 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

jordan 12
yeezy shoes
calvin klein outlet
ferragamo belt
reebok outlet
hermes handbags
nike air force
nike flyknit
cheap jordans
lacoste outlet

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home