Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday and things change

Saying for the Day: Sometimes you have to try a bribe when all else fails.

It’s “Leave a Comment Monday”. The day when everyone is expected to leave a comment on the blogs they visit.

This is not 30 second Tuesday when the idea is to see how many blogs one can visit to run up blog explosion points .
But if you want blog explosion credits I will give 50 credits to the best comment of the day on this blog or the link for the day.

Now I am resorting to bribery to get comments.
What have I come to?
Am I comment addicted.
Is there a blog comment addiction group out there somewhere.
Is there a five step program ( I don’t have time for twelve steps I’m too busy leaving comments)

Last week I was so busy counting comments that I didn’t get to leave many.
I have tried to catch up and I missed some very good blogs.

My favorite comment of the week was on my wife's blog. She had the same pictures of folk dancers up for a week and QuillDancer said...
These kids have been dancing for over a week! I bet they are exhausted!

Today we bring in the first change in the Monday prize contest since we started it.
Starting today we will draw one name on Monday and one name on Friday.
The name chosen will then pick a prize from a prize list with at least six different prizes on it.

Now instead of being stuck with the worthless prize of the day (woops I mean priceless prize) you will have a choice from a list of priceless prizes.
See the list HERE.
Good luck everybody.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my backyard where the trains still run and that gets no help from Washington-Well clean up in Pigeon Falls, after the big blizzard, has begun. Washington said the town didn’t qualify for federal aid . So we called B,E.T.T.Y. This is a state agency and they came with all the help you could ask. The gas station is back in order. Two buildings have no roofs and the B.E.T.T.Y. group is working on Eino’s garage wall.
Eino’s basement closet is still locked and he has a guard at the garage for fear someone might try to take advantage of the situation and steal the Hermit statue.
The man who visited the other day seens to have just vanished leavening questions without answers.
The town is all excited because the Tigers are in the World Series. Twenty years is a long time to wait for a winner. The two football teams they support , Packers and Lions, aren’t doing well. But their Tigers are just roaring.
The same can not be said for the New Potatoes. They have lost still another game. It doesn’t look like they will win this season. The school board has yet to come up with a solution to the name problem. It is going to be a long year.
The churches in town are planning a joint thanksgiving meal. It will be held at Last Lutheran Church but all three churches will contribute. Its for lonely old people whose children have forgotten them and for those who are too poor to have a good Thanksgiving meal. There is no charge. Pastor Marvel will bring his usual apple pie that he makes at the grocery store.
*****
Link for the Day-Original Art Work by the Mad Artist- remember to put the words Dr. John in the comment to get those artistic but still worthless JCPOINTS- Check your points HERE.
We will
draw the prize winner for the day when Betty gets up.
Betty is up and we have our first winner under the new system.
and the winner is



Jafabrit
- Congratulations- Now go to the PRIZE LIST and pick your prize.

We had a nice day. We worked in the garage in the afternoon getting ready to bring in the buildings from the layout. we were going to leave them out this winter but discovered from that first storm that some simply wouldn't hold up. My sister called. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

20 Comments:

Blogger Bazza said...

Nice to see Pigeon Falls is recovering, and what a great aid agency B.E.T.T.Y sounds.

4:02 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Good morning to you. I think you will have many great comments to choose from. We have a great many amazing, day after day, witty and smart comments..Margaret, Quilldancer and Cuppojoe to name just the first three that came to mind..Don't worry about the bribery thing. It is not like it's illegal or immoral :) ..I think it is hillarious actually how you keep on coming up with so many interesting ways and games to encourage us all. You have a great imagination for sure.

I know you were pretty busy with the marathon last wk, how exhausted you must have been. Sorry you missed the most amazing post ever..yeah, it was last wk i tell you, lol..really sad, i finally write something Pullitzer worthy and you missed it ;p ..

Quilldancer always has the funniest comments of blogs that are not updating..She left one on Cuppojoe's that said: "I see the light at the end of this tunnel, but I am beginning to wonder if there's going to be another post at the end of this tunnel. Just askin' ...." --hillarious!
************
B.E.T.T.Y. is an amazing lady, err, i mean program. How wonderful to have her, err, i mean it to come to the rescue..Bravo, Bravo to B.E.T.T.Y. How can outsiders help? Is there a trust fund or a way to write her, err, their boss to tell them what a great job she, err, they do?
Glad Eino has some security of that statue. With that 'guy' lurking around, you never know what else will go missing without a trace.
Tigers, grrrr go! New potatoes, sorry for being smached over and over ;( ..
I think the churches are doing something wonderful for the lonely and poor. How sad to be left out and have no one remember you or want you..How terribly heart breaking. God Bless all the souls that help the lonely and unwanted.
*********************
So, my comment is wordy. Only because i had lots to say not because i am after the credits..My one way competition is with Catch..i'm desperately trying to catch up to her and pass her in JC points..(hi Catch love ;p )..I encouraged her to take last wknd off, only to spend time with her mom of course but she didn't go for it. She managed to do both and do them so well...But it's really not too bad to be behind her, she has awesome looking legs i tell you ;p

Hope Betty is all better. Hope you are well. Sorry Betty is on her own to climb the stairs. May Guardina Angels hold her so that she may be safe..And thank you for all the pics of the town too, they are so lovely to look at.

God Bless and i much love to you both.

4:18 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

Your post was fun today LOL! and Oh my goodness, I won again! Hey I am NOT complaining, I love the penguin snow globe :) number four.

thanks for letting me know on my blog :)

5:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dr. John, I'm very flattered you chose my Blog for your link of the day! I've already gotten several comments, what fun! I hope everyone will continue to come back and see my "Work in Progress" painting unfold over the next few days. All the Best, Megan

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right about comments being addictive. I love hearing from new readers, and old readers who seldom comment but are out there. Your encouraging readers to comment is greatly appreciated by all of us who write and want to share. Thanks for being you......

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure B.E.T.T.Y. is a state-run agency? It seems much too efficiant to be under government control.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

We better be careful that you don't get so addicted to comments that you resort to desperate measures- such as locking us all in the fortress, which you've surrounded with pumpkin launchers aimed inward to prevent us from leaving before we comment.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I haven't been blogging very long. What is a comment? I remember a tea called constant comment. Does it have anything to do with that? :)

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Great pictures of Pigeon Falls. The dragon doesn't look like did too well during the snowstorm. Nice to see that all the snow has melted.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I am disturbed by the sizes of the buildings in the background on the top photo. They are the same size as those in the front. They must be huge! Does no one in Pigeon Falls wonder about them?

2:16 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

No comment.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Hello, My name is Kat, and I'm a commentholic. It was nice meeting you all, but I must leave now to check my blog.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

To please potential posters, post pleasing prose.

To facinate a flock of friends, format fun and friendly fiction.

To curry cleaver commenters, create cleaver communications.

To bring bountiful, breathless babble to your blog ... bribe.

5:22 PM  
Blogger to touch a unicorn said...

All hands to B.E.T.T.Y., what a super agency. Hope it all works out pretty soon.

I think chana deserves a prize for her amazing long comment.:-)

5:47 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Dr John you always bring a smile to my face....and I am not above accepting your bribery! LoL

5:59 PM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Things have been a bit too busy for me to get much done in the way of blogging or blog commenting, but I have a little something that I've been saving for you, Dr. John... It's a old folk song. Maybe Betty's dancing kids can give it a turn or two...

I'm a young married man and I'm tired of life
Ten years I've been wed to a pale sickly wife
She’s nothing to do only sit there and cry
Prayin' and prayin' to God she would die

A friend of my own came to see me one day
He told me my wife she was pining the way
He afterwards told me that she would get strong
If I get a bottle from dear Dr. John

Chorus:
Oh Doctor oh Doctor oh dear Doctor John
Your cod liver oil is so pure and so strong
I'm afraid of my life I'll go down in the soil
If me wife don’t stop drinkin' your cod liver oil

I bought her a bottle well just for to try
And the way that she drank it ya think she might die
I bought her another it vanished the same
and then she got cod liver oil on the brain

I bought her another she drank it no doubt
And then she began to get terrible stout
and when she got stout well of course she got strong
And I became jealous oh dear Doctor John

Chorus:
Oh Doctor oh Doctor oh dear Doctor John
Your cod liver oil is so pure and so strong
I'm afraid of my life I'll go down in the soil
If me wife don’t stop drinkin' your cod liver oil

Me house it resembles a great doctor shop
It's covered in bottles from bottom to top
Well early the morning the kettle does boil
You would swear it was singing of cod liver oil

Oh Doctor oh Doctor oh dear Doctor John
Your cod liver oil is so pure and so strong
I'm afraid of my life I'll go down in the soil
If me wife don’t stop drinkin' your cod liver oil

7:37 PM  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Hmmm - I think the redeeming feature of comments is that they are like conversation. Someone shows interest in your blog, you show interest in their blog. You find commonality. Friendships develop. How cool is that?

I was browsing another blog today, where the writer was concerned about hits. Me, I'm more concerned about the "connects."

Yes, I know this is not a cute or clever comment, but it's all I've got.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I have a confession to make. The closet is having to be guarded, because, well, I decided to try to steal the hermit statue. Ok, I feel better because I've confessed :0)

Ok, I'm in a silly mood today! But I hope ya'll have a great day :0)

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think leaving a comment is a great way to show your appreciation for what you have read.
I appreciate that folks out there have taken the time to write with their various gifts..their hearts, their humour, their grief, their frustration, their wisdom.
I know how much I love hearing that some of my words have touched someone else. I write because I enjoy it, but to post it and have it bring meaning to someone else's world. Now, that's incredible.

10:56 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

As they say bribery you can never totally eradicate. Where did it begin? I think it began at home when parents bribed their children to do something they wanted their kids to do. Isn't this sad? But unfortunately it is true.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home