Wednesday, October 11, 2006

At last an end

Saying for the day:Murphy's first law-If anything can go wrong it will!

A week ago we started our fourth blog marathon.
Over that period 36 people at one time or another participated.
Some did a little then quit.
Some did an entire day and then quit.
The process became complicated as the list didn’t work for a day and one half.

At that point Margaret stepped in and published a workable list five in the comments.
Thank you Margaret.

Because of the confusion I will finish the count by late this afternoon and will publish the results tomorrow morning.
What have I learned.
1. Don’t do an extended blog marathon.
. . . a. Too many things can go wrong.
. . .b. It’s very hard to trace participation.
2. Some people don’t want comments on their blog.
3. Lots of people enjoyed our comments.
4. As usual you left great comments.
5. Some people followed the list , left comments , but no Dr. John. That, by the way, is fine.
6. Somebody thought I was a leader of some blog cult.
Please I have enough problems and I don’t have any Kool-Aid .
7. Some blogs change dramatically from the time I scouted them until the time you visited them.
8. Some blogs changed so seldom that you were back commenting on a blog you already commented on.
9. I really loved your comments on your own blogs which may have been the most creative comments of all.
10. I have to get some more blogger cups as the number reaching the goal exceeded past numbers and my expectations.
Next month I will run a mini-marathon on the first Wednesday in November. There will be no Marathon in December .

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my backyard where the trains still run and liars get awards.– The last story teller in the White Rabbit contest was Donna Bergall and this is her story.
I want to tell all of you nice people right out if you came to find out the origin of the White Rabbit you are out of luck. I haven’t the slightest idea where he comes from. I don’t know if there is a hole in space, an alien space ship, or a government experiment. I am sure he is no illusion. I know this because the White Rabbit visits my farm two or three times a week. He can talk you know. He likes tea, carrot cake, and vegetarian pasties. He likes to play catch with my children. He likes to watch television and he doesn’t like President Bush, He thinks Ugly Betty is a pretty funny show. He is scared to death that Mrs. Trumble is going to shoot him. He really likes people but he is afraid of crowds. He is a hero. I say this last thing because he rescued my son. It happened up at Crippled Creek. My son was fishing and fell in. His boots filled with water and he was being pulled under when the White Rabbit jumped in and grabbed him. Using his big feet he pushed the boots off and pulled him to shore. Without him he would have drowned. We will always be grateful to him for this brave action. He left the boy when he saw somebody coming. It was Tommy, the undertaker’s kid, and my son made him promise not to tell anybody that the White Rabbit had saved him. Tommy, however, couldn’t be altogether silent so he reported he saw the rabbit swimming. There are other people he has visited but they won’t talk about it. So I am telling you this is a good rabbit, a kind rabbit, and we should leave him alone. Mrs. Trumble should be told to stop shooting at him. Let him live in peace.
Our judges will decide on the winner and announce that person tomorrow.
*****
Todays link-New Kid on the Blog- Remember to put the words Dr. John in the comment to get those erudite JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your point total still without last marathon.
I worked on tha marathon all morning. Betty went to Tops. The bank called and our loan has been approved. The real estate office called and someone is coming to look at the house tomorrow. I have finished the marathon totals and they can be seen by clicking HERE. If the number of visits is less than your total , which given the way this went is really possible then please drop me a comment and I will fix the totals. If it is higher than you think you did, also really possible, consider the extra points a bonus for good comments and don't make me change them. Now I really need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

22 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

LoL, no Kool-Aid :-)

White Rabbit for Mayor. Donna Bergall wins the contest.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

oh Dr. John i'm so sorry that this has been so stressful for you. you had such wonderful and kind intentions and although we have always had fun, you and Betty have been left with all the work afterwards. we love the marathons, because it is a way of meeting new blogs. if you look at my sidebar for example, a good portion of my blog friends are there because it was through you that we met them. please know how grateful i'm for all that you have done. i'm so sorry it has been such a difficult week and know that we are in this with you, whatever you decided.
what is important to us is that you are happy and healthy and enjoying all this blogging and links thing.
*************
i absolutely love Donna
s story. i hope it's no lie. that is how i see the rabbit, kind. Mrs. Trouble will no longer have the support in the town to do as she wishes. i hope Donna wins.
and i'm so very grateful her son is alright. thank you Mr. Rabbit.
*******************
Whichever and whatever you decided, we accept happily. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you do. All those cups will come up to much more cost than expected and not to mention the work..pls know that Cuppojoe and I will do without them, see if that helps a little. our reward was in making you happy and meeting the challenge.
i hope you can wrap up the point counting without too much of a headache. take care. read you tomorrow. hope Betty is better. love to you all.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I don't participate in the marathon because I have a hard time keeping up with all my favorite blogs as it is. But I think what you are doing is great.

I enjoy reading the comments of the marathoners who stop by my blog. I can sense the fun they are having, and after all, fun is one of the main reasons for blogging. At least it is for me.

5:34 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

To be honest I am having a hard time keeping up with the marathons. I try though :)

I do love to check the link of the day though.

anyway it is a LOT of work on your part and it is appreciated.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

dr john - thanks for the link and for getting folk to leave comments - i LOVE comments on my blog (even when folk disagree!) It also inspired me to reaquaint myself with your blog, which i haven't been to for a few weeks and forgot about!

Keep blogging!

thanks again

6:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes I think I live Murphy's Law. Hang in there. Maybe some politicians can learn something from White Rabbit!?

7:07 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Just wanted to leave a comment to let you know I was here.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

God doesn't like to be unnoticed so He tends to shine through the hearts and actions of those who serve Him.

Then, you can count on somebody else noticing that isn't too happy about the whole thing. Satan gets a bit of fear messing up his pride and wants to know "who" is magnifying and mirroring the Lord.

Then he spots you! Creating obstacles, difficulties and problems to tone down your light and cast shadows on your life.

You can do either of two things. 1) Dim the light on your lantern so to not be noticed. -or-
2) Turn the light up so brightly that you blind Satan so badly that he can only see spots before his eyes.

It is here when he can not only NOT see you anymore, but he can't see anything or anybody else. All he can see and fear and know - is the light of the Lord and it knocks him out for the count.

Cults don't offer an opt out option and neigher does Satan. For to get out would be at a high cost.

The Lord and those who serve the Lord offer ALL options, ALL in and outs and above all even forgiveness.

Nothing is impossibile when all options are open.

To conclude I'd opt for living water over Kool-aid anytime and Dear Dr. John....

"Your spring is very refreshing." God Bless.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Bare said...

Don't sweat it! It doesn't take much to confuse me ;0) Anyway, I think everyone who did participate, had a great time, and that's all that matters :0)

I'm even going out on a limb here, I say White Rabbit for President! :0)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Donna Bergall wins! What a great story to end the competition with.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

I thought the idea of a blog marathon was brilliant!

Whoever doesn't want people commenting on their blog----they should know that there's an option to turn comments off. Hmm.

I thought the Dr. John cult was hysterical!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I believe there is a hole in space, an alien space ship, and a government experiment!

I believe that bloggers who don't want/like comments are not really bloggers at all. They're a different type of government experiment.

Finally, I believe my noisy next-door neighbors are trying to drive me crazy! I'm off to contribute a pitcher of Kool-Aid to their intrusive festivities . . .

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am sorry this marathon was such a problem for you. With being back to work, breaking it down into smaller daily chunks was a lot more managable, but....you need to do what works for you.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Thanks again, Dr. John for a great marathon adventure in blogging. I sure hope the next one is considerably less stressful for you.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John, I love your marathons. Thank you for hosting them, it is a lot of work, and I saw this one quickly get out of hand. I completely understand confining it to a 24 hour period. I am also wondering, is there anyway we can help make it easier for you and still fun for us?

7:16 PM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

I've never run a full marathon before... Thanks for the chance to stretch my bloggin' legs, Dr. John.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I know this had to be hard work and very stressful trying to add up all our points.I recieved my sticky ghost and bat halloween thingie in the mail yesterday, thank you. My Mom and Gaige and I threw them all around the livingroom, they stuck to the walls, Gaige was giggling so hard! It was fun till the dog started going after them...you cannot send out all those mugs!!! Its way too much! If it makes it easier I will gladly forfeit mine..if you send me one anyway I am sending money back to you. All that postage is adding up. You make blogging so much fun..I enjoy the marathons, but not if its going to be such hard work on you and Betty, that just isnt right.

8:16 PM  
Blogger BlondeBrony said...

Good old Murphy!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment on my 100th post.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr John I am sure we all liked it,and the story is great.Hope you are keeping well ,
Thanks for the run He!He!He!
Wish you well.
P.S. I found on some blogs I couldn't comment.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

enjoyed the marathon but phew it was hard work!

1:24 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Enjoyed the marathon, thanks Dr John, you'll be pleased to hear I've resurrected my blog, so no messing with HTML for you (sounds like you have enough on your plate already!)

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't enter the marathon this time as I was on holiday but hopefully will try thenext one. It's a great idea, love the comments and meeting so many new bloggrs. Thanks for adding me to your link.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home