Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Fourth Blog Marathon

Saying for the day: If you think you can then do it.

Are you ready for our fourth monthly blog marathon?

Are you ready to type “Dr. John” until your fingers bleed.

Are you going to pile up useless JCPOINTS?

Then here we go.

The rules are simple .

1. Go to a blog on the list for the day.
2. Leave a comment containing the words “Dr. John”
3. Repeat the above two steps

This marathon will be different than the last three because summer vacation is over.
It will run six days.
Each day there will be a new list containing seventeen names.
You can work a list until I remove it from play.

If you finish 60 blogs in the six days ( that’s ten blogs a day) you will receive a marathon certificate of merit.

If you finish 75 blogs or more you will get a genuine blogger’s cup.

If you finish all the blogs you have far too much free time.

Because of the marathon there will be no link for the day.
Go! Go! Go!

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my back yard where the trains still run and old ladies hunt rabbits.– There was plenty of excitement in Pigeon Falls last night. Ronald Smythe was in the Gazebo telling his rabbit story to an assembled crowd when the White Rabbit showed up on the other end of the street. It was carrying a huge pumpkin and wearing it’s red , white, and blue sweater. Mrs. Trumble was in her usual place in the middle of the street and jumped to her feet when she saw the rabbit. She raised the Demon Slayer aimed and fired. The pumpkin literally exploded in the White Rabbit’s arms. Pumpkin flew everywhere. The White Rabbit kept right on going and disappeared behind the church. All that was left were pumpkin pieces. A group of people spent some time searching in the woods but found nothing not even a track. Mrs. Trumble said she hit him but it was just a little slow to take effect. She is convinced the reason they couldn’t find him is she sent him back with all the other demons and their boss. Poor Smythe his story got lost in the melee. Who wants to hear a White Rabbit story when they have the real thing . When those tourists go home they won’t be telling a story they heard but one that they participated in. As with all stories it will get bigger and better with the telling. A few years from now Mrs. Trumble may be remembered as
having a machine gun instead of Demon Slayer.
Nancy says some people went and visited Mrs. Trumble and asked her to run for Mayor. She turned them down cold. She said that when she frees the town from its demons she wants to just sit home and crochet.
*****

Todays Link List - First Link List- Remember to put the words Dr. John in your comments. Check HERE for your JCPOINTS.
We had a good day. I finished the lists for the remaining days and checked them. Betty went to Tops and over to the George Young center for luch. There she met the lady that was having her baby the same time as Betty was having Pennie and they shared a room. They fadn't seen each other for years.Betty and I took the loan request to the bank and now we wait. We went and looked at a new car but at $6000 it was too much. That's $6000 with our car as trade. Its a Pontiac Montana 2006. We took it for a test drive. We miss the Montana we had. There is lots of warranty left on this one and only 9000 miles on it. We almost caved. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

20 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

That dragon slayer needs to be taken away from Mrs. Trumble.

4:19 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Dr John sent me,
ooops hold on this is Dr John's

PS - Planets what do they look like, we have just about deciphered or speculated on the ones in our solar system. I guess you never know until you go and see
But some like on the blogosphere we'll never have time to reach.

6:38 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

"The Trains still run and olf ladies still hunt rabbits"

Where is this place in Alice in Wonderland land or Bugs Bunny land

6:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I made my rounds--and had some fun and found some new blogs that I will link to my GEO!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hi! ~Deb sent me here. Wait. I am ~Deb! ;)

Many of your following have trekked over to my blog and left your name. I shall never forget the name "Dr. John" again.

Thanks for putting me on the list!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Nice collection of different blogs Dr John, thanks.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Wow! Is it that time of month again? Here goes...

8:47 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

hi Dr. John. did my rounds, left your name in all the links. it was nice to visit some marathon blogs of the past. you did a great job setting it up. thank you for all your hard work.
************
Mrs. Trouble is back to her old ways i see. How terrifying to be all wrapped up in an intriguing story and have a gun shot blast you ears off...the pumpkin pinata must have been some sight. sorry for Ron..i wonder if he could get another shot, oops wrong word, another opportunity to tell his story.
****************
i hope this marathon goes easier on you both. thank you both for your kind and thoughtful comments. i'm feeling at peace again today. take care and read you tomorrow.

11:44 AM  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

Hello, I was sent here by several posters who were sent by Dr. John! Was fun having the onslaught of comments! You're cute.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Very interesting idea!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a Doctor in the house?

2:06 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Im off on the blog trip...I hope my fingers wont bleed or I will send you a bill for the plasters;)

3:19 PM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

The poor Rabbit! Bad enough to be covered in pumpkin guts, but he could be winged or worse. Where is PETA when you need them?

3:26 PM  
Blogger Bella said...

OH NO!!!! I didn't get to do the marathon and that's twice in a row that I missed it. My homework is getting in the way!!! I'm kidding, I'm kidding - I'm going back to my homework.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John sent me.
Dr. John sent me.
Dr. John sent me.
Dr. John sent me.
Dr. John sent me.
Oops! Just practicing!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

made it through the first round. And a very enjoyable round it was.

7:53 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Amen I say to that. You are very right there. No questions asked. If you think you can then do it.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

How neat that Betty met that lady!!!! I bet they really enjoyed seeing each other.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Tina Dray said...

Well theres first time for everything so here goes!

1:06 AM  
Anonymous mountain hardwear said...

This post is really worth to read for! Nice one, keep i up..happy trails!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home