Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday Monday Monday

Saying for the Day: People who laugh live longer.

We have reached another “leave a comment Monday”.
Last week was a great week for comments. I really enjoyed the one’s left on this blog.
You are a wonderful group of people.
I also enjoyed the comments you left on the daily links.
They were creative and most often to the point.

The funniest comment of the week award goes to Cuopojoe who wrote
“You know, I was told to “put Dr. John in the comment” at this blog, but I’m a little confused… You see, I’ve never actually met Dr. John in person, so I don’t know how big he is… Still, I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t fit in this comment box. It’s what? Like, 7 inches by 3 inches (give or take)?”
I almost fell off my chair laughing.

Some other creative uses of Dr.John

I was sent to you by Dr. John
He said to write "Dr. John"
I'll obey Dr. John
'Cuz he's Dr. John
And make sure I write "Dr. John
# posted by Cuppojoe : September 22, 2006

I am here to haunt your blog.....
blame Dr. John.....
# posted by Nea : September 22, 2006

I arrived here via the "Dr. John Highway" no Ouija board necessary!
# posted by W. J. St. Christopher : September 22, 2006

So I am awarding Cuppoejoe 50 useless JCPOINTS and 25 equally worthless blog explosion credits for making me laugh. Laughing is good.

Today’s JCPOINTS prize is a collectible Halloween bear.
I fell in love with the little fellow when I first saw him.
He is not only cute he is perfect for Halloween.

Good luck to you all.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my back yard where the trains still run and rabbits run for Mayor.-The bad news in Pigeon Falls is that Pastor Marvel announced that he would not run for Mayor. He felt it would cause to many problems in the parish. So now there are no likely candidates. There is going to be a special meeting of the present council to see if they can come up with a willing candidate. In a town with 921 people you think that there would be a least one willing to become the Mayor.
Nancy says that everybody that comes in for coffee has a name to suggest but it is never theirs. She has heard more reasons why one shouldn’t be Mayor than you can believe. She is thinking of writing a book entitled “ 100 reasons not to run for Mayor”. In Pigeon Falls it would be a best seller. When someone is asked to run for Mayor they can just give the number from the book and save all the explaining time. Nancy says her favorite excuse came from a lady who said “ I get a cold every winter and we don’t need a sick Mayor”
The school board meets tomorrow night and the team name will be at the head of the agenda. One can feel sure that there will be more people there for this meeting than any meeting in a long time. Will they stand their ground and stick with New Potatoes or will they cave in and find some other name?
Tourists have been arriving all week in Pigeon Falls. They have come by train just to see the fall colors which are on there way to becoming the best ever. It was a very good year for orange and red in the leaves. The tourists stop only long enough to eat and do a little shopping and then take the train back. A lot of little white rabbit statues and dragon statues got sold already and the season has only begun. Wink’s is waiting for a sweater with a white rabbit in a red, white, and blue sweater with the words “For Mayor” underneath. They think local people will buy it as well as the tourists.
*****
Today's Link-Jiggle the Handle-Remember to put the words Dr.John in the comment to get those never home JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your total.
We will draw when Betty gets up.

Betty is up and the names drawn are....

Starbender and Friday's Child

Congratulations to both of you. Our little bear will have a nice new home.
It was a nice day and Betty got some more painting done on the outside windows. I did a little work on the computer. It is my son Peter's and his wife Lori's anniversary today. Lori's birthday is coming up on the 29 of the month. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

17 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Nancy can include a song to go along with her book. "100 reasons not to run for Mayor. 100 reasons not to run. Take one down and pass it around. 99 reasons not to run for Mayor".

5:09 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Would that many of our national politicians felt the same way. Quite frankly, I am tired of specutlation about who is running for what. I like the idea of heading to the local coffee shop and suggesting names. Sadly, the people who might actually be good for the nation are too modest and would never run!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

I thought the comments were funny....laughter is sometimes the best medicine....I am glad I am able to laugh!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Make the team stick with the name "new potatos", it'll build character. I once heard of a team named the Fairfield Union Charging Knights... now THEY had a responsibilty to change their name.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Well, Dr. John... I'm glad I could make you laugh! I wish you had been one of my teachers when I was a kid... I think there may have been a lot fewer notices sent home to my parents!

Thanks a million for the points and the credits!

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the good folks of Pigeon Falls could elect more than one person mayor...give everyone the chance to be "Mayor for the Day."

7:20 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Laughter is truly the very best medicine....

7:59 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

My comment for the day is a quote from my son who said to me, "These shoes make me look taller!"

Then as I said good bye to him as he got in line at school, he turned around and said, "Happy Anniversary, Mom!"

So, that is two comments today from me!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm glad that you are having good laughs. laughter is so good for our spirit and mind. nothing better than a good laugh. beats the meds any day.
***********
another person not running. wow! somebody has to. it is going to be interesting to see who.
i love the idea of the book. it will fly of the shelves for sure. it sounds promisingly funny. funny is good.
good luck with the meeting.
****************
glad your sunday was a good one. hope today is even better. hugs and love to you both. take care and read you tomorrow.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I have heard that many times, people who laugh live longer.....I wonder if it is really true? The reason I say this, my Grandmother was stern, she never laughted out loud, and she lived to 99.......i come from a long line of very stern, no nonsense women. They thought that laughing was a waste of time, and actually I think they had very little to laugh about....hard lives. Anyway, they all lived to ripe old ages. Mom is 92 and still going like the energizer bunny.....

(I will have to warn Mom to stay clear of Mrs. trumble.....)

Grandma did smile a few times though.......haha

3:09 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

That's just too funny! I loved the "Dr. John" comments! I hate I missed out on those!

On another point, I agree with Rev. Dr. Kate, there's so much speculation about who's running for what, there's just so much confusion these days :0(

3:42 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I guess if laughing has anything to do with logevity, I ought to make it to around 120 somewhere. I love a good laugh and I like to make others laugh as well. But right now, I'm wondering what I might have said today while unaware that the "secret rider" was on my bus. I hope some of my wise cracks don't come back to haunt me on my "report card."

4:29 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Laughing, on Mondays is even better!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

"comment"


I know.. it's not very funny but it's the best I could do today.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Why does Dr. Fortress not run for Mayor?

6:44 PM  
Blogger Indida said...

Ah ha! Now I know what this is about. I had 7 or 8 people leave me comments referring to you.

I did find it funny and weird. It left me wondering whether you were an online psych or a cult leader.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous mountain hardwear said...

There are lot of comments on your blog because you really have a nice post in it, very interesting! More power to you!

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home