Saturday, September 23, 2006

It could be worse

Saying for the Day: Cheer up it could be worse!

Feeling a bit down this morning.
Cheer up things could be worse.

For instance a man in Beijing went out for a good time with his friends to a local restaurant.
There he drank four pitchers of beer and feeling very happy went to the zoo.
Seeing a lonely panda Zhang Xinyan jumped into the cage and went to hug it. The panda bit him and so he bit the panda back and then it bit him on the other leg. He ended up in the hospital. Now think of that the next time you drink too much and only end up with a hangover. You could have a panda bite or two.

Or you could belong to one of those new but different religions like Sarah Yule who was fired as a receptionist at St. Mary's Hospital in Troy, N.Y., earlier this year because she refused to remove her lip ring at work, which she said was integral to her religion, the Church of Body Modification.
Yule insisted that her several piercings are spiritual, giving her control over her body, and she declined to accept an alternate job at St. Mary's, away from public contact.
Just think the only problem your church gives you is a headache from that really boring sermon.

Then there is Darrell Rodgers, 40, who was treated at Bloomington (Ind.) Hospital in August after shooting himself in the left knee because he felt he had to try something to end the pain there (pain possibly from having shot himself in that knee 10 years earlier).
Be thankful your pain doesn’t require you to shoot yourself just to take a pill or two.

Finally , just after the Aug. 10 restrictions were imposed, British Airways refused to allow disabled New Zealand runner Kate Horan (on her way to the paralympic world championships in the Netherlands) to carry on her prosthetic leg, as she had long been allowed to do. Her checked-baggage leg was then lost in the chaos at Heathrow airport.
And you only lost a little luggage.
It takes a great airline to lose a leg.

So you see life could be worse.
Go and enjoy the day.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my back yard where the deer and the moose run free.– Robert came home from Northern Michigan University this week and reported that a moose came on campus this last week and broke a window in the dormitory. A state wildlife expert said the moose was looking for love since it is the mating season. Well at least Northern doesn’t have giant rabbits and flying dragons. (August 25) And Northern’s moose was sober not like the two moose that came up Pigeon Fall's main street last year.
Nancy says she wishes there was some kind of party in town tonight as she misses the dragon. Not only was it fun to watch but it was good for business because people had to come in for a cup of coffee or tea so they could tell her all about what they saw. With every telling the dragon has gotten bigger and bigger. It also keeps changing color. Nancy enjoys listening to the stories even though she has heard them many times.
Pastor Marvel may be the last person left that hasn’t said that he will not run for Mayor and will not serve if elected. He could always drag out that Captain Marvel suit and take office as a super hero. Shazam!
When Eino went to the school to check out Tommy’s alibi for his last supposed offense he discovered that Tommy was a straight A student. Why does such a smart kid do such dumb things? That time Tommy was either innocent or had learned how to be in two places at the same time. Now for a straight A student that might be a possibility.
*****

Link for Today-The World According to Davenelli- Please remember to leave the words DR. John in the comment to get those always found JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your points. Coming up Monday we draw for collectible haloween bears.
We had a very good day today. My son and family came from Green Bay and spent the day. We went out and ate at Fob's. We spent most of the afternoon just talking but Peter did take care of some of the odd jobs around here. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

20 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I would like to see Pastor Marvel run for mayor -- but be required to wear his Capt Marvel suit all the time. Maybe they could put that requirement on the ballot?

4:23 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Put a red, white and blue sweater on the white rabbit and get him to run for Mayor. Election day could turn into a rather hare raising experience if Mrs. Trumble shows up to vote.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Today is clean the house day - not much enjoyment there. Especially since I'm cleaning up after everyone else but myself. Reminds me of when I was a kid and Mom used to say, "clean that up" when the mess was caused and made by my two little sisters. I'd rather be on vacation.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I loved the comments about the airline, etc. The panda bear must have been a meany!! LOL!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Davenelli said...

Dr John

Thanks for the traffic it is much appreciated.

Why me?

6:29 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I'm not feeling so good today, so I might as well not go out and enjoy. A Panda Bear might bite me too. (Lol).
Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comment.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

My mom always said there were people worse off than me and bow you have confirmed it.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Wow, I'm feeling better already! I heard about Kate Horan and I wash shocked! What kind of threat did they think she posed with her very valuable leg? Jeesh.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the smile Dr. John but now I'm rather worried ~ I travel on Brit.Airways next week and I have to take some medication on board. Oh hard times, but we must always look for the bright side.
Hail to the White Rabbit!

1:51 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Youre so funny and fun too! We all know the story of Kates leg..it wasnt quite as bad in the end.They found her another prosthetic leg which was better than hers! Oh and it was Qantas(Australian airline) that lost the leg,not air NZ..:)
Its amazing how the news gets distorted..its a bit like chinese whispers..

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I remember blogging about other people being worse off than me.
you proved it .Thanks for sharing wish you well

3:40 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I totally agree with things could always be worse. No matter how bad things may look for me at times, I think about the "poor Souls" on the deck of "Titanic" and the last lifeboat is gone. It makes one more humble and appreciate things a bit more.

Thanks for the inspiration Dr. John, always worth the visit to stop by.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Yeh, Grandma always said, no matter how bad it gets, cheer up, it could always be worse. But I have to think....some people are just asking for trouble, I can't see myself, jumping in any cage to hug any wild animal...even a cute panda bear.....some people wear stupid like a topcoat......haha

4:33 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

How can anything be bad on a weekend!! ... even the weather doesn't bother me. I have lots to do in the house.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Cherlee's said...

Thanks for the comments, It truly did cheer me up today I needed it!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Okay, okay... I've never been very interested in politics, but I'm willing to throw my hat into the ring and give it a try. After all, somebody needs to step up, right?

(And please, no one point out that this is a perfect example of how things could be worse... okay?)

7:19 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I cant believe they lost her leg! Those airlines are getting really bad.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I almost don't know what to say about those 3 stories you shared. But you know me, i'll find a way :). The first story is kinda funny, unfortunately he was hurt but not to many people can claim to have bitten a panda back.
The second is a bit over the top. I better just leave that alone. The third is just outrageous. How can they do that. That is part of her body.
I do understand what you said. It is mostly true. No matter how bad we might think it is, it could be worse. Always.
I'm guilty of complaining too often. I need to open my eyes to how good my life is much more. Thank you again for a wonderful lesson.
***********
It would be wonderful if the Pastor could bring much heart, common sense and compassion to the political scene. I hope he chooses to run. That must have been some sight in the University. I betcha the moose is not the only one looking for love there.
I hope Nancy gets her wish. I miss the dragon sightings too. Tommy is a good kid, he is just a kid, it goes with the territory. He is mischievious not bad.
**************
I'm so happy you guys got to visit. I can just imagen how happy those get-to-gethers must be. Glad Peter was able to help around the house. He is a good son. Hope you are well. Hugs all around. Read you tomorrow.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right, John. It could always be worse. I've never been bitten by a panda, been fired over piercings, been shot in the leg, or .. worse yet, had my leg confiscated. I am counting my blessings ... Tina

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Tommy, the straight A student, could run for mayor. There seems to be a bit of a trend in electing teenagers to public office these past few years (a town here in PA made national news when they elected an 18 yr old). I bet Tommy'd keep things interesting.

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home