Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Our first Parsonage one more time

Saying for the Day: Even bad things are missed when they are gone.

Several Tuesdays ago I started this thread about life in the parsonage.

Before I leave this parsonage and begin describing the next there are a few things I need to share.

I want to tell you what we did just before we moved to our new parsonage at the other end of the parish.

When we were ready to moved we decided that we did not want to take any of the various things that inhabited that house with us.
We had enough of roaches and other bugs.

So I arranged for Betty , baby Peter, and I to go to my mother’s for a few days.

Then while they sat in the car I placed Lindane bombs in every room ( they were legal then).
I turned the furnace blower on .
Then I lit all the bombs and we left.

Two days later when we came back it was as if the house had died.
There was no movement.
In most houses there is a little movement which we ignore because its always there.
Now there were no bugs, none at all.
The Lindane also ruined the material on our living room furniture.

But we could move to a brand new home with no bugs.

Next week I will share the great parsonage war.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my backyard where the trains still run and big rabbits steal railroad Speeders.– This morning the federal officials got the result of the fingerprints found on the Speeder. There were lots of prints but only one match and that was for Tommy, the undertaker’s son. Tommy was in the system because of some trouble he had been in before. Eino went with the officials when they questioned Tommy at school. Eino thought that he might have the person behind the White Rabbit. But Tommy said they should fingerprint the rest of the class because they will match as well. It seems that Dr. Fortress had given the boys and girls rides on the Speeder as a reward for some community service they did. When the officials checked with Dr. Fortress he confirmed Tommy’s story. While they were questioning Tommy the White Rabbit showed up out at the coal loading station. It had on its blue sweater and waved and smiled (no fangs). It seems like Tommy is home free. Poor Eino is back to square one.
While the Homeland Security people were there Eino talked to them about the man of stone he has in his garage basement. They were very interested and made some calls to their headquarters. They assured Eino that somebody would be getting in touch with him. So Eino is left waiting again.
Tommy confronted Mrs. Trunble last night and warned her that if she shot the White Rabbit she would be in trouble with the DNR since this is not rabbit hunting season and she doesn’t have a license. Her response was that this is a demon and not a rabbit. They were shouting at each other when Eino stepped in to quiet them down.
Nancy said she feels better about National security now that she has seen the agents at work.
Pastor Marvel was asked what he thought about Mrs. Trumble and the White Rabbit and he said that he had learned from the Pope to be careful about what you say .The one thing he was sure of was that the White Rabbit was not a demon and not a living creature. Mrs. Trumble took this as a personal attack on her. Perhaps, the preacher , said too much.
******

Today's Link: .:mireruhana:. - Remember to put the words Dr. John (note cupojoe just the words) in your comment to get unmarried JCPOINTS. Check HERE for your total.
Just discovered that today's blog is a beta blogger. If you have a regular blogger you need to use the other to make a comment. When will blogger fix this?
WE spent most of the day waiting for Apria ( my health equipment provider ) to come and check the equipment. They never give you a time just a call tthat on such a day they will be coming. Betty got out to the Post Office and the prizes got mailed out. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

17 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Pastor Marvel learning a lesson from the Pope regarding Mrs. Trumble would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Sorry about the confusion yesterday, Doc! I must have taken one too many Literal Pills! ;)

6:14 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i have never heard of LIndane bombs. They certainly did the job. I know of lots of places who certainly could use a few of those bombs. Glad you were able to start of fresh without any unwelcomed tag alongs. i don't like bugs, they freak me beyond it's reasonable for a grown woman.
i like the image in my mind of you and Betty and baby Peter..what a precious picture that is.
************
Good for Tommy for standing up to Mrs. Trouble. I do hope Eino doesn't tend to get headaches or migranes, if he does, his poor head! I hope the Homeland Security don't take away the Hermit from Eino. He deserves to be involved to the end, he has worked so hard on this case. I think he should run the next mayor for sure.
***********************
that silly Cuppojoe thinking you could be places inside the box..if you could i would have already brought you and Betty over for some coffee and cake..if it was that easy Dr. John..maybe we can wish that the Dragon and Rabbit can show us to travel in time and all over..Hope you have a wonderful day and that good news comes your way today. Hugs all around. take care and read you tomorrow.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Perhaps the White Rabbit was part of the Stoneman's experiment and he accidently brought a stuffed toy to life?

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We "bombed" our house in Florida once. I don't know if it was Lindane or not. I can't ever remember hearing of the stuff before. I'm guessing it wasn't, though. Everything had a weird feeling coating and we still had bugs.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I've never heard of those bombs either. They must pack quite a punch. Isn't it true that a cockroach canlive through nuclear fallout? Hee hee.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

I tried several times to leave a comment on your recommended site today to no avail. This whole new beta blogger thing is messing stuff up. Oh well.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Kat Campbell said...

Ugh, roachs! When we lived in Lousisiana the darn things were as big as puppies sometimes and could fly. I was a jumpy mess until we moved north again.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds extreme! I hope they didn't turn the walls black. :D

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. John! Thanks for sending me your prescription list to .:mireruhana:.. ;-p
Thanks for your attention guys...
At last, found lots of nice links I could put on my blogroll.. *chu!*

10:01 AM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

Kristin, when commenting on a Beta Blogger site, don't use your Blogger account. Select "Other" and just give your name and URL.

Hopefully Blogger fixes this little issue soon...

11:42 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I have never seen a cockroach..I hate bugs! I get itchy just thinking of them. When my parents lived in Florida they had all kinds of bugs...including scorpians, that told me all I needed to know about Florida!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I was going to pass on today's link because of the beta thing but I just read cuppajoe's suggestion about signing in anonymously so I'm off to visit after all.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

cuppajoe was right- it did work

3:03 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I can't say I've heard of Lindane bombs either, but glad you were able to come back to a peaceful, bugfree home :0)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Uhm -- is it just me? Did the dragon steal the Fortress? When? Why?

6:08 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Very beautiful saying. Sometimes bad things are not really bad. People tend to look for bad things instead of the good. When that someone or something they think is bad is gone, they realize they miss that someone or something and start to see the good she/he has.

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home