Monday, September 18, 2006

Mondays Prize Cook

Saying for the day: A comment a day keeps the psychiatrist away.

Its leave a comment Monday and I love comments.
A well written comment gives me joy even if its on some other blog.
The people who visit this blog and who visit from this blog write the best comments.

Last week I thought this comment to be very clever.
“My transition from Dr. John's Kingdom into the land of elves has left me somewhat disoriented. Let me clarify: you mean nepotism isn't the name of the three colored ice cream? That's what went wrong at Baskin Robin's yesterday. They kept trying to sell me the little guy in the back who was washing the dishes. “
I almost fell off my chair laughing. It was by Quilldancer.

Your comments lift me on days when I’m down.
If I were to give an award for kind comments day after day.
It would go to Chana.
She always seems to find a nice word to say on any blog she is at.
I wish I could be that kind.

I could go on an on as there is something wonderful about each of you.
I’ll share some of it on future Mondays.

Now to today’s prizes. When I saw this little cook I said that’s a JCPOINT prize.

He isn’t very useful but he is cute.

Of course, if you have melted butter to spread or a marinade, he’s your guy.

The rest of the time he will just stand there and look cute.
For those of you who don’t cook he will still look cute.

I suppose you could use him to brush the cat or the dog.

Good luck everybody.

@@@@
News From Pigeon Falls-The little town in my backyard where rabbits drive railroad speeders– Dr. Fortress is to concerned about the upper level railroad traffic to chase after White Rabbits. He is getting ready to blow the side of the mountain despite Mo’s objections that it might ruin Crippled Creek. The Constable is wondering if one can charge a large White Rabbit with stealing. If he catches it does he have to read it its rights. What are its rights? Does it have the right not to be shot by Mrs. Trumble at this time?If you ask Mrs. Trumble then it has no rights. Tommy, the undertaker’s kid, says it should have the same rights as we do. It seems he wants to grow up to be a lawyer .
Some people showed up, yesterday, in Pigeon Falls from the Department of Homeland Security. They were concerned that if a Speeder could be stolen a terrorist could steal an entire train. They were not amused when they were told that the crook was a giant White Rabbit in a blue sweater. This may be a break for Eino since when the Speeder was brought back down the Security people dusted it for fingerprints. They are sending them in for identification. Of course most people in Pigeon Falls won’t be in the data base so it’s a long shot.
Nancy says she was out looking at pumpkins yesterday and the crop is really looking good. They are bigger and rounder than ever.
****
Today's Link- Night Panther-Remember to put Dr. John in the comment to get those picturesque JCPOINTS. Check your points HERE.
Betty is up. The slips have been cut in and the winners of the cute cook are.

Artsytartsyviray

And

Starbender

Congratulations.
Betty got a little window painting in before it got too cold. Other than that it was one of those days in which next to nothing happened . This makes it hard to describe on the blog. But now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sad to think that you may be leaving C.F. ... THANK HEAVENS FOR THE INTERNET. Then, it will seem that you are not far away at all!

Good Luck on all your plans ... I'll keep visiting you & your family on the web, as usual.

It is for dis-patriated Yoopers (& Wanna-be's) that I try to put a lot of U.P. links & photos on my journal.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I think the cook looks like those shaving brushes guys use to later their faces with.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Shouldnt the speeder be dusted for footprints?

5:29 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm not sure about Bunny Rights but I'd tiptoe around those PETA Peeps just to be sure. However, I do believe you can hold a Bunny in a stew pot for 24 hours without charging him with a crime. The trick is getting him to stay in the stew pot and not hop out.

They say, if you drop him in hot water he'll hop out immediately but if you start off with cold water and slowly heat it up - he'll fall asleep and simmer quite nicely.

6:14 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Woo hoo.. thanks Dr. John.. I can't wait to get them!

Too cute!

You really made my Monday brighter.. and if you read some of my blogs.. you know how much I HATE mondays..

Thanks!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Ahhhh, chucks, i'm blushing..thank you kindly. i don't know that they are all that kind but i know for sure they are sooo wordy, lol..that's the technique, try to confuse/overwhelm with quantity not quality ;)...

Quilldancer, like most of our friends, is so clever and witty. i often have such good laughs over what she/they come up with. i'm glad she got mentioned, i totally concur.
****************
White rabbits should be respected. There should be a law drawn up that reads, specially in Pigeon's Fall, about old ladies shooting at them. Dr. Fortress will well experienced, of course he wouldn't hurt the Creek, Mo has nothing to worry about. Hope Nancy is baking up some nice pies for the festival!
***********************
Congratulations to the winners and their kitchens.

it is mighty nice of you to do all this raffles you know. it is thoughtful and kind.
hope your breathing is well. hope that some good news comes your way regarding your homes. take care, read you tomorrow. hugs all around.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dr. John, are you sure we aren't all "incognito psychiatrists"? We could be leaving comments to placate you, then diagnosing you when you're not looking.

I hope this possibility doesn't make you paranoid; in which case you'll need a psychiatrist more than ever!

* * *

The house will sell! I'm sending positive "house-selling" vibes your way!

8:53 AM  
Blogger npanth said...

Thanks for the link! I've run into a bunch of interesting sites through your readers :)
npanth

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the white rabbit have the right not to be shot by Mrs. Trumble? Well....is it rabbit season? If not, I'd think he has a legal leg to hop on.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I have to agree with you about Chana. She really is a special person.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Jerry Bowley said...

(Warning: This is not a "suck up" comment)

I think it's funny that you think Chana is so kind with her comments. Not funny because you're wrong, mind you, but funny because you don't know the half of it!

When we go out, she has no problems stopping a total stranger to compliment them on whatever it was that caught her eye. And I don't think she's ever driven past a homeless person or panhandler without stopping to give them a little something to help them get by.

Just thought you should know that it's not just an "Internet persona" thing... ;)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

The cooks are cute. Just setting one on a shelf in the kitchen would be a good conversation piece. It's always interesting to say you won something.

Cuppojoe left one of the best comments I've read in a long time. There are too few Chana's in this world. You make the world a better place.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Those are super cute little cooks. You come up with the most adorable and funny prizes.
Comments are my favorite too. It is amazing how a small comment from a stranger can brighten your day.
Blessings to you Dr. John!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Those are just too cute! :0) I admire your friend who always leaves positive comments. I, like you, wish I could be that kind. Lately, I haven't been as nice as I normally am. I was annoyed by a person who came to my blog talking about the local strike, and then, to top things off BBC came to visit, harass, and slander me. I'm trying to not let it bother me, and continuing praying for him, like I know I should.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John, I am glad my comment brightened your day. I like planting smiles wherever I've been. I especially like knowing someone pick one and enjoyed it.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I recieved my teabag holder today and my degree!!!! I now have a degree thanks to Dr John!!!! Thank you very much for taking the time to send them.....its very sweet of you! And now on to the link!!!!!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those brushes are cool.

I cook alot but I don't do pastries though but it would be good for marinating steaks.

Hmmmm steaks.

BTW, I've moved my site. It's now at:

http://web.mac.com/lowededwookie.

Blogger was only an interim stop after I sold my Mac but now I'm back to normal, well site wise anyway although me being sane is not normal so for me insanity is normal in which case I am back to normal for me. ;-)

Dr John sent me. :-P

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why we need to approve the 700 mile fence proposal. Just think of all the illegal alien rabbits inundating our defenseless nation.

1:16 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

jordan shoes
vans outlet
christian louboutin shoes
kobe sneakers
kobe byrant shoes
fitflop
balenciaga
michael kors purses
golden goose
kd 12

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home