Friday, September 08, 2006

Reflections on a marathon

Saying for the day: When it's over, it's over

Another blog marathon is history.
Again it was a great experience for me.
I read every one of those blogs.
Some were so good I wanted to comment but I just didn’t have the time.
I put little marks by some on the score sheet to go back and read again with a comment.

What did I learn from this Marathon.

I had one blog down as two.
I have fixed that.

Our people are sensitive and kind and I wouldn’t hesitate to send them to any blog.

We could use a little more creative use of Dr. John.
You just have to work the words in.
You aren’t required to say you came from Dr. John’s blog.
I remember one comment some time ago in which the commentator said “Look out for Dr. John he wants to rule the world.”
I laughed at that even though it was true.

Some like Catch left comments on their own blog.
It met the requirements.

Later today I will post the results.
If you think you were shorted drop me a note and tell me your count.
If you think you were given more than you were entitled too keep it to yourself . I don’t know how to subtract.

I’m considering making next months marathon one week long.
I will list ten each day to be visited in a 20 hour period.
What would you think of that idea.
More people might feel free to participate and the idea is to get blogs read and commented on.

If you have ideas feel free to share them.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my backyard where the trains still run and old ladies carry shotguns– No White Rabbit or dragon sightings. Mrs. Trumble is now saying that she doubts that they will be back. Some people really do want her to run for Mayor but she has shown no interest. Tommy. Who is too young to vote, says people would be out of their minds to vote for her. She would be out to you house collecting taxes with a shotgun.
The town is getting ready for the potato festival this Saturday. This years crop will be judged and they will have a potato eating contest, raw potatoes of course. Another big street dance is planned. Pigeon Falls goes from one celebration to another. But it does bring in some tourists and that helps keep the local economy running. Along with the usual beer there will be a French fried potato booth. The people who sell them at the state fair are coming.
A few people hold out the hope that the White Rabbit will show up as well. With Robert gone even the fake White Rabbit isn’t making appearances. Near the end Robert had to be sure Mrs. Trumble was nowhere around or run the risk of having his imitation blown off of the roof.
The fourth grade students were asked to name the three most important people in the world. Half of them put Mrs. Trumble on that list. She has a very large following among fourth graders. One student wrote President Brush, Eino Jupola, and Hulk Hogan. We have a small world here in Pigeon Falls.
*****

Today's link: Long Day's Journey Into NightRemember to leave the words Dr. John in the comment to get those confused JCPOINTS. Check your points HERE.
Yesterday we drew Mimi, Chana, Catch,Stacy, and Quasar9 . If one of those names is drawn today our long journey to a winner will be over and that one will get what is in the prize box.

Betty is up. We cut in yesterday's slips.

She drew .................... one of the five.



We have a winner. A winner.


See Esther we can get a winner. Bree its over.


We have a winner. Wow . Wow Wow.


And the winner is




Chana

Congratulations Chana. Your Christmas village is on its way.

The Marathon tabulation is done and can be seen by clicking HERE. Those who have earned Doctor of Blogging degrees should send me an e-mail at linnajohn@sbcglobal.net with the name you want on the certficate and where you want it sent.If you have blog credits coming please include your blog explosion name.
I spent the morning finishing the tabulations and getting them posted. Got a scam e-mail offer on the house. Betty and I went to the Bible Camp . Brought a ltachet hook rug and a needlepoint for the big quilt auction. Mailed off the pprize to Chana. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

23 Comments:

Blogger kristi said...

I hate that I did not get to participate in the Marathon, I was so bummed. I had a huge Microbiology test to study for I made a B so missing the marathon was well worth the grade. I will be there next month...already looking foward to it and I will find some creative way of using Dr. John in the comments

4:08 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I think your idea of a week long marathon would be good.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I started the marathon but just didn't have the time to finish. The week long marathon would be easier for me. I just don't have time to work 40 hours a week. I think I'll quit!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You're getting very popular Doc as I have seen your link list triple in the short time that I've known you. I worry because in a few months it will be even more difficult for you to tally up the JC Points.

I'll try and think of a way where this could be technically simple/easy. All I can think of now is that at some point you may need to assign "Angel Duty" to help out.

Example: Betty does the "B" list, Catch the "C" list, you the "J" list. Etc. Each assigned Angel emails you their tallied results.

I'll keep thinking.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I just noticed the dragon flying over your fortress heading. How long has that been there?

5:04 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I like the week long marathon idea. I am so glad somebody won the prize box. You and Betty must be doing the happy dance. I will not tell Breanna but let her find out for herself. I posted a picture of Luke on my blog today so you can check it out.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

morning. another marathon down. it was lovely to meet so many new people. i want to add them my links. i could read them all if i only had the time...
i don't know if you have any choice really to expand the time to do them in for now you are up in the 90's...in a month you will have added about 30 more! I'm thinking that is how it works, all the new daily links get added..Anyways, my concern at this point is for you and Betty. This is growing big time, how are you gonna be able to keep track of it all..Unless what you are doing is the certain amount each day and that way it is easier to tallying...
I have to come up with different ways to squeeze your name in the comments..i haven't come up with any brillian ideas yet..
************
no votes for shot-gun-trigger-happy-old ladies...:)
i like that there are so many celebrations in the town. it makes it for a fun bunch who love to enjoy each others company.
********************
I am in the running, whooo-hoooo!! 1 in 3 odds...cross my fingers!

I'm glad that you are proud and happy with all of us. We feel the same way of you. Hugs all around. Take care and read you tomorrow.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Yea! Congratulations, Chana! When you set it up at Christmas will you post a picture for us?

Dr. John, if you're going to run the next contest the ame way, you might want to pick lighter stuff, like paper dolls ...

6:38 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Oh! I love the weeklong marathon idea. I almost missed the last one because of committments -- and barely did any blog visiting when I did make it.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh my gosh, i won...wow...thank you, thank you...it will have the honor of being under the Christmas Tree and i will for sure take pics and send them to you...oh i'm so glad i came back...Whooo-hoo, i can't wait to tell the kids..the are now off to school..oh thanks Betty and Dr. John...

Can i pls help with the costs to shipp it over..It will be costly and i don't want you to carry the whole costs...PLEASE???

Whoo-hoo, i'm a winner!!!

7:17 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I'm happy for Chana. The link you requested to be visited was really superb. I really didn't regret a single minute. His post was just beautiful.
May I suggest if possible that your lists be alphabetical. Is this possible or is there a reason why this is it.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

the week long marathon would be good. CONGRATULATIONS CHANA!!!! I am so glad we finally had a winner! And Chana so deserves it!! She will enjoy it. Bless you Chana.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Chana!

Raw potatoes? YUCK! My hubby eats those! Never even heard of it till him.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I wanted so 2 try the marathon! I luv visiting new sites! Just as I started--so did all the chaos here!

Congrats Chana! Good things happen to good people!

:)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I like your ideas for next months marathon, sorry I missed this months. Congratulations to Chana.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah! now someone else win

1:08 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Dr. John I'm confused. I was thinking that you ALREADY DO run the world. :)

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Someone won! Way to go Chana!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was really happy to start getting involved in the marathon-and then I had some problem with the commenting --each time I tried to comment I got bumped off??? I don't know any other way to explain it..on some I could comment and on others I couldn''t. It was very maddening--but I want to thank everyone who visited my blog

4:36 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I also like the idea of having the marathon over a greater amount of days, this one fell during a really bad time for me, so I wasn't able to get around to as many as I would have liked....but I did my best.

Well, now Mrs. Trumble, don't you get the idea just because you might be the mayor that you can collect taxes with a shotgun...we are onto you..........

9:07 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

People get very confused when we come bearing comments and saying Dr. john sent us, you can see the confusion........you can hear the confusion. If we scare then by telling them something outrageous, they might think we are a Dr. John, cult stalking them......haha

Just imagine, here is this little blog, usually gets one comment from say, great aunt tilly, and all of a sudden here come the Dr. John gang.....and they get 20 comments overnight. One blogger thought we were the spam gang.....

9:10 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I think Chana infiltrated Betty's auto responses, and Betty's hand went to Chana name slip, without Betty's knowledge.......

Some powerful prayer thing that Chana does.........

9:12 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Congratulations, Chana! I too had a bit of trouble finding time to do this marathon on just one day. I had errands to run that took up my entire day off so while I was fixing supper I zoomed through as many as I could before hubby got home. The week long one really does sound like a good idea. I don't think any of us like to miss them- it's such a fun way to meet new people and blogs.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home