Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fourty three years

Saying for the Day: God made him a help mate for him.

Forty three years ago today the most amazing thing happened .
So amazing I still have trouble believing it to be true.
On this day in Marquette Michigan, in a little Lutheran Church called St. Marks, Kathryn Elisabeth Mallmann became my wife.
God knew I would not survive in the task he had given me without her so he sent this angel to sustain me.

Over the years she has been my teacher, my helper, my very best friend, my nurse, my lover, and so much more.
She gave me three of the greatest kids in the world and showed me how to be a nurturing parent to them.

She has always had a greater faith than mine. Her love of God is unswerving.
She is my angel.

Now she is not perfect.
She is not the greatest cook.
She hates house cleaning.
She lacks any organizational skills.
And she does have a temper.
Over the years we have had our fights , which I always lost because I just couldn’t stay mad at her.

Now you need to understand that God would not send a great cook to live with a finicky eater like me.
I am and always have been a meat and potatoes man.
I am sloppy and disorganized .
We are a perfect match.

Most of all she knows my faults.
She knows everything I have hidden from the rest of the world.
Yet, she still loves me.
She hasn’t packed up and left me.

Today I thank God for forty three years of magic. I intend to spend the day thanking her.
That and spending time with the grandkids who have come to rejoice with us.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my backyard where the trains still run.-The White Rabbit hasn’t been seen since Mrs. Trumble said she sent him back to the place he came from. People are looking at Mrs. Trumble in a little different light since the incident. She even made the cover of one of those tabloid papers with a this headline “ Pigeon Falls has its own Buffy” .
Eino called his friend Bree and together they came up with this analysis.
1. Mrs. Trumble shot a demon and he’s gone. Highly illogical .
2. Mrs. Trumble shot a mechanical bunny thus the smoke. Problem with this is where is the bunny and why no residue and no fire.
3. Mrs. Trumble thinks she shot the White Rabbit but the smoke and all is like a magician’s slight of hand . It is all deception. This is possible. A magicians smoke device could explain the lack of residue. But where did the rabbit go? No tracks.
4. Mrs. Trumble is straight out lying . There was no White Rabbit. She made the smoke and shot the stuffed bunny. This makes little sense since she has no reason to lie and when the White Rabbit returns she will have gained nothing.
5. The White Rabbit, as it was dying, slipped back into the other dimension from which it came. Not very believable.
This seems to be all the possibilities unless you can think of another.
Nancy says that most people seem sad to think that the White Rabbit is gone and they don’t see Mrs. Trumble as any kind of hero. A few though see her as a demon slayer. A lot of people are hoping that the White Rabbit will return, only this time it will stay away from Mrs. Trumble.
*****

Link for today: Taking a Sanity Break- You won't believe these pictures-Remember to put the words Dr. John in your comments to get those totally insane JCPOINTS. Check your total HERE.
Yesterday we drew Chana if her name is one of the four we draw today she gets what's in the Prize Box.
Sorry that this post was a bit late but my grandkids are here and I overslept. Betty is making them breakfast so we will draw a bit later.
We finally cut in yesterday's slips and I had my Grandsons do the drawing.

The names drawn are:


Laurie


Kristen


Andrena


and


Catch..... Sorry Channa (sorry Bree) - Good luck Laurie, Andrena, Kristen and Catch if one of you is drawn tomorrow you get the prize box.
It was a wonderful day. I played some computer games with the boys. They of course play better than I do. They went swiming at the state park in the afternoon. Betty and I put off going out for the anniversary until tomorrow night. Watched some tennis with Patrick. It was just nice to have some of the family here. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

28 Comments:

Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Happy Anniversary. Not only am I glad she married you, but had the kids as well. Betty has a temper?????No way....

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you have been truly blessed. I wish you many more happy memories together.

9:03 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Happy 43rd Anniversary. You're both blessed by having each other.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Happy Anniversary.

There is a characteristic in some men that I do not understand. Betty sounds like me. What you said is something my husband would also say. I may not understand, but I am glad it is a characteristic God included.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

I am no where near 43 years married, but I do love my wife for many of the same reasons that you obviously love Betty. I hope one day I will get close to this amazing achievement, in the mean time, here's to many more for you and Betty.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Happy Anniversary to you both.
Happy Anniversary to you both.
Happy Anniversary to you both.
Happy Anniversary to you both.

(suppose to go as a song)

Finding love is a gift in itself.
Findind a good mate is a bigger gift.
Having 43 yrs to show for it and 3 wonderful kids is the biggest gift.

God Bless you both as He led you to each other. You are both such wonderful people. May you enjoy many more decades of love and fun and each other's company.
*******]
I don't like that she shot the bunny. I hope he is not dead and comes back. She should be charged with some gun law thing for shooting in a crowd...she sounds a bit nutsy actually.

Now that Bree is involved the mystery shall be solved pronto i'm sure.
*********
I'm so delighted that you got to sleep in. That your son and the boys are over. That you have an angel at your side to wake up to. I'm glad, truly i am, that you have found such love and friendship all wrapped up in one very cute girl! You sir, are a romantic. That was a beautiful post to dedicate to her. Thank you for sharing with us your joy.

******
i got there very late at night but managed to leave a comment in yesterday's link. i'm not sure if it still counts for the JC points though.

I saw back a few posts that i won! i have never won anything i tell you. that magically froggy will be treasured, i promise. Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart.

9:46 AM  
Blogger b said...

Beautiful tribute to your wife. She sounds like a very wonderful wife indeed.

-b

p.s. I found your blog through Loweded Wookie's.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! That was a wonderful tribute to Betty. I wish you many more years.

What if there is a hypnotizer that lives in town that no one knows about and he's hypnotizing people into the beleiving they see a White Rabbit? lol

12:00 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

Well Happy Anniversary, and if I do say Betty had a good looking man on her wedding day, you both are so cute. 43 years....what is your secret

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our 37th anniversary was the day before yours. Look out, we're catching up.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Break from Sanity said...

Thank you kindly for sending others my way.

Took me by surprise to see so many comments so fast on one post, in one day. *chuckles*

For those that have come for the pictures fo the 3D Sidewalk Art, I will be posting additional ones later on today. I don't like to flood the post with alot of pictures, some people's computers don't like that. I have several more 2D Sidewalk Art pictures I will be posting tonight, stop by and enjoy.

I think my next few posts will deal with Optical Illusions, another favorite of mine.

Beauty is all around us, God doesn't make ugly things. Perhaps that is why they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but with God, his eye beholds us all as beautiful. It is only the Sin he hates.

By the way, let me add a happy anniversary also. I just celebrated my 6th year anniversary in July.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Break from Sanity said...

Ungh. Hit the wrong key.

I have several more 2D Sidewalk Art pictures I will be posting tonight...

Is suppose to be 3D not 2D.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy aniversary we will call you later . 43 years wow thats a lot
her a temper no no no that is wrong.I agree with my mother

1:40 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Thank you for sharing your life......loved the wedding picture and wish you the very, very best. They say that there is someone out there just made for each of us. I always feel good when two such people find one another. No one is perfect, but there is someone perfect for us.....

Unorganized? If you were any more organized you would be a robot......I think you are underestimating yourself, and don't realize how disorganized the rest of us are..........I couldn't hold a candle to you and Betty.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

maybe the white rabbit is a shape changer, and will now be a green toad in a pink sweater..or.??

2:28 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

yippee...Im in the running!!!

What a lovely tribute to your marriage! You and Betty have been so blessed!!! I am sending out a big anniversary hug to both of you!! Happy Anniversary to one of the best couples I know!!! God bless!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Happy Anniversary Dr. John. That was so sweet. Lemme' go over and say hi to Betty too!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary...it is always wonderful to hear a man speak so glowingly about his wife! Wish you many, many more!

5:07 PM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

6:01 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Happy Anniversary to two people made for each other! My the Lord bless you with 40 more years together!!

6:19 PM  
Blogger oldfartswife said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Happy Anniversary! Dr. John, that was the aweetest public love letter I've ever read.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Love to all....

10:25 PM  
Blogger Instantiable said...

:-)

Catch has a cool icon

12:21 PM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

I hope you two had a lovely anniversary! Sorry I was moving, and couldn't comment!

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, John ... I hope that the two of you enjoyed a beautiful day together, filled with love and lots of wonderful memories. Here's to you both !

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buying memory cards is such a chore... You have to Google prices, sort through which ones are genuine, visit a bunch of stores,compare prices, finally buy your memory, and then constantly pray that the price doesn't fall in the next month or so.

I've been f'd over by crazy price changes in the past... especially this one time when I bought a Micro SD for my DS flashcard at what I thought was a steal, only to later see that it fell $5 in a week's time.

(Posted using Nintendo DS running [url=http://quizilla.teennick.com/stories/16129580/does-the-r4-or-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds]R4i[/url] PostN3T)

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home