Friday, August 25, 2006

Watch what your eating!

Saying for the day: Nobody ever got fat on food for the soul.

Okay here’s the list from wednesday in order from lowest calories to highest.

9. KFC The Mashed Potato Bowl With Gravy 690. calories
6. Boston Market chicken pot pie 750 .calories
7. Subway Double Meat Classic Tuna, 790 calories,.
3. Taco Bell Fiesta Taco Salad. 860 calories
8. Domino’s ExtravaganZZa Feast 860 calories, two slices.
4. Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Meat Lover’spie, 1,000 calories,
5. Cinnabon Caramel Pecanbon 1,100 calories .
1. McDonald’s Deluxe Breakfast of 1,220 calories
2. Burger King’s Triple Whopper With Cheese 1230 calories .
10 .Dairy Queen Caramel CheeseQuake Blizzard 1,290 calories

Nobody made it to any kind of expert.
What the list shows.
If you want to diet stay home.
Just because it says salad doesn’t mean it doesn’t have lots of calories.
One Carmel Pecanbon is too many.
Stay away from triple anything. Dairy Queen’s Whopper is only 760 calories (only) before you triple it.
Just because a place (Subway) has some low calorie food doesn’t mean everything they sell is.
Everything I like is bad for me.
Good eating.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my backyard where the train still runs.– Mrs. Trumble came downtown with her shotgun today. She says she isn’t going any where without it while that demon is on the loose. Tommy says she scares him more than the dragon. Eino asked her to leave her gun home but she won’t listen. The town council needs to pass an anti gun in town ordinance. Of course, given the number of hunters I doubt it would pass. You just say the words ordinance and gun in the same sentence and they go ballistic. They start screaming constitutional rights.
The White Rabbit , itself , has not crossed paths with Mrs. Trumble but it has been very busy. Yesterday it mad no less than ten appearances. People who were back for homecoming week were thrilled to see the Rabbit they had only heard about. They have a story to take with them when they leave.
There was a big party down at Last Lutheran Church as all the old Confirmation classes got together. Some of them were no longer Lutheran but they came back anyway. They had some good memories from their days at Last Lutheran.
Chris Halverson, who is now a pastor in Peroria recalled all the trouble they gave poor pastor Marvel. Now he says he has to teach Confirmation and he knows how hard it is.
They are planning a big street dance Saturday evening. The Dorothy Heralds from Madison will play. They are an up and coming group. Lets hope the dragon doesn’t come along and cause any trouble. “Two guys and a Guitar” a local group is a little upset that they went out of the area to get somebody .
*****

Today's link:Blogger's Lair (what are you afraid of?) Remember to put Dr. John in the comment to get those low calorie deep fried JCPOINTS.Check your points HERE.
Yesterday Betty drew Catch, Quilldancer, and Jafabrit. If one of them is drawn today that one gets the PRIZE BOX.Because there are these three names the odds of one of them being picked is one in 9. ( see Bree we are trying)

Betty will draw when she gets up.

Betty is up. The new slips are cut in.

The basket is shaken up without spilling , this time.

Betty draws and ......


the name is .....


Stacy
, Sorry Quilldancer, Jafabrit, and Catch you had the best odds yet. (Sorry Bree) . If Stacy is drawn again tomorrow she gets what's in the prize box. good luck Stacy.
Its been a bad day for doing things. I was going to work on the outside layout but it rained. I also wanted to get pictures of our new fantasy train in front of pigeon Falls but the rain stoped that too. So I came in to do some blogging and when I went to leave comments blogger acted up and I got the "enginer has been notified" message. Then I fininished the last fantasy car ( I added wheels) and Betty brought them in and put them on the desk where I took pictures for tomorrow's post.Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

They have an SCA group (Society for Creative Anachronism (sp?) --- a pre renaissance type club)in the Madison area. They would know how to deal with dragons. Maybe The Dorothys will have to bring them along as dragon guards.

Guess I am a gainer of weight. But then I already knew that.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

www.sca.org

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't turn in my guesses, but the only ones I had right were KFC's mashed potato bowl and the Dairy Queen thingy. You didn't have anything from Wendy's on the list. If you use Weight Watcher's guidelines, Wendy's is probably the best fast food place to eat. They have quite a few healthy choices...including the chili!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

When I looked at your list, the only one I got right was the one with the most calories. We are eating more at home to save money so maybe we will lose some weight as well. Yesterday, because I was sick, Pete stopped at Cub for their broasted chicken, mashed potatoes and rolls and it cost only $5.99! That is less than the chicken breasts I make all the time (or about the same price but no potaoes or rolls).

It was good!

5:43 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Man! All the foods I want.. yikes..

But i had no idea the KFC bowl was the lowest.. but then again.. have you seen how much they serve you??

Not much!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Greetings from Phoenix. We have completed the first leg of our journey back to Indiana. I finished my radiation treatments on Wednesday. We drove from LA to Phoenix yesterday. Now today we're resting, visiting with David, and preparing for our flight early tomorrow morning. We fly from Phoenix to Midway (Chicago) then Midway to Indianapolis. Laura will meet us at the airport and we'll drive home from there. I'll sleep in my own bed tomorrow!!!! It'll be great to be home after two months away. I'm feeling fine, but I have times when I'm sleepy during the day. Many thanks to all your blog friends for all the prayers and good thoughts.

Sue

8:33 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Win win win win win win wi nniwnniwbjwdsjniwnwiwniwwnwi Win someone come on stacy you can do it !

1:16 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Awww shucks. I thought I had the calorie thing down. I'd still stand on my head and sing for a big fat Cinnabon right about now.

Blogger has been bad all day. Frustrating to say the least. God Bless Dr. John.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home