Monday, August 21, 2006

The Monday Thing Again



Saying for the day: Beating the odds is like running uphill with a hundred pound sack and reaching the top.
It is time to draw for the Monday prize and we have two cute little statues, one for each winner unless, like last week, somebody wins them both.
These look like just what every blogger ought to have next to the computer to keep them honest.

Also we will be adding to the JCPOINTS Prize Box .
We will add a Christmas house and a tree.
I hope that Gungirl wins the prize box today so Bree will be happy. If not it grows heavier.
All the items in the box can be seen by clicking HERE.
If nobody wins by Wednesday we will do a three for on Thursday. We will draw three names and if any one of them match Wednesday’s name she or he gets the Prize Box.
If nobody matches, then if the name drawn on Friday matches any of the three that person wins.
Somebody is going to win before I move.
Good luck everybody.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-the little house in my back yard where dragons still fly.– I forgot to tell you yesterday that Pastor Marvel was in the parade twice. First , in person, as Captain Marvel, and then on the church float where they had a paper mache duplicate painted to look like a stone man. The message was “ God can bring your heart of stone to life“. I guess they tried to get Eino to loan them the stone man from the basement but he wouldn’t.
There were no dragon or White Rabbit sightings yesterday. But the town is still buzzing about the dragon flying over the town right behind the parade. It seemed to be saying “Hey look at me”. Mrs. Trumble said that the dragon was lucky she left her shotgun home. She has special shells with silver pellets in them. She had the priest bless them ( priest and pastors get asked to do the strangest things). She is sure it’s a demon and she is going to get it. Tommy, the undertaker’s kid, who was in the parade looking like a kid from years ago and pulling his big red wagon said the dragon looked to him like something out of a story book. Looking up at it from the middle of town he thought he saw a red stripe on the side but he could be wrong.
Well tonight Donna trys to defeat her husband and Tomas in the Liars Contest. I am sure she has really polished that story. She says there will be no dragons, White Rabbits, stone men, ghosts, or mystics. This story will be about an ordinary person. I don’t know if she can win with that.
School starts soon and we have a new first and second grade teacher. Her name is Maxine Quilldancer from Texas. She is supposed to be a very good teacher. Well handling two grades at once isn’t easy but then she only has twelve students.
Tommy is sporting a full scale blackeye today that he got this morning. Fred Perkins, the town bully was making fun of his red, covered, wagon. Tommy tried to ignore him but he tried to push the wagon over. Nobody touches Tommy’s wagon. They went at for a couple of minutes until Toivo seperated them. Toivo gave Fred a good talking to and told him if it happens again he would call his father.
*****

Today's link: Better Living Thoughts- Remember to put Dr. John in the comment to get those wild and wooly JCPOINTS. Check on your JCPOINTS by clicking HERE.
Well if Gungirl gets drawn today she gets what's in THE JCPOINTS PRIZE BOX.
Betty is still sleeping so the drawing will take place when she gets up.

Betty is up.

She has cut up an put in yesterday's slips.

She has tossed the basket.

She has drawn.


And today's draw is.......





W.J. St.Christopher (artist) Sorry Gungirl!(Sorry Bree) if W.C. St. Christopher is drawn again tomorrow she gets what's in the prize box. Good luck W.J.

Now the other drawing.

The winners are ...... Annette Burkette and Nea. Congratulations.
B etty has really been working on the kitchen. It almost shines. She so wants to get the house sold. But if nobody looks it makes little difference if the floor shines. I got caught up on mailing things out. I sent the last magnet to Bella, last week's prizes to Jafabrit, and believe it or not today's prizes to today's prize winners. How is that for a first class procrastinator. I added two new blogs to my links . Yep, I am almost caught up.
Betty went to Bible study. I needa b reathing treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

morning. i hope for sure somebody wins before you move. it will be good for then you don't have to take it. the prize will look great under somebody's Christmas tree come December.
***********
The parade sounds like it was just a great hit. the pastor was a busy guy..i love the stone painting and the saying. it is great.
Tommy has been so good lately. shame that somebody tempted him beyond control..
good luck to Donna. can't wait for the story tomorrow.
welcome to the new teacher...the name sounds familiar somehow, :) ..
*******************
hope you had a restful and enjoyable wknd. i got the message from Betty that you will pray for my uncle and his family. very much appreciated, thank you to both.
have a good day. take care. read you tomorrow.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Has Tommy been watching "Forbidden Planet" lately?

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy, the suspense is killing me. Somebody hurry up and win!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Thi week my 'leave a comment Monday' comment is....

It will be cheaper to have the winner move in rather than mail that prize box!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Oh! I know Nea will be thrilled, but she is in Frisco for several more days still. I am so glad it wasn't somebody from the Liar's Contest who won those, "Keep'em honest," statues. (And I sure do understand why you'd want to be rid of them Dr. John.)

8:44 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

winner-winner
we need a winner---
(didn't think pickin a winner was such a tough thing-hehee)
Moving is sooo stressful. I have a love/hate relationship with it.
:)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

if someone doesn't win that box soon, it's going to be the heaviest one you have to move!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I had to laugh when I read that somebody is gonna win before you move,....lol. I have my magnet that I won on my refrigerator...everytime I see it I think of you!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Love the new header Dr. John -- very nice!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I hope Betty let's you walk across the Kitchen floor! I'm about to kick everyone out of my kitchen for good around here. They are so messy.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dont let my boys in the kitchen if you want it to stay clean. I cant believe how much food makes it to the floor. I think the must have a hole in there mouth or somthing.

wish you some kind of good sentiment, but I don’t have the time or inclination to get into it

Patrick

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home