Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday Monday Monday Again





Saying for the day: An English spoon is as good a spoon as you'll ever have.

Another week has gone by and here it is “Leave a comment Monday” already.
So I will visit all my links and if the entries are new I’ll leave a comment. I may also add a couple of links.

Monday . Of course is also when we have the priceless drawing for items beyond value.
The prize today is and English collector’s spoon in honor of TC who has been on vacation but always leaves interesting comments.

The first name drawn gets the spoon that says England on the top and the second gets the spoon that says Wales.
These are the high class collector’s spoons that you can only get from the trunks of cars in the big city.

Also since nobody has won we add to the Prize Box two more buildings and some neat little people.
My granddaughter really wants somebody to win so if there is no winner by Wednesday we will do a two for on Thursday.
Instead of drawing one name we will draw two and if either matches the previous day that one wins the box. (See Bree I’m trying)

If I don’t get a winner pretty soon the postage on the box will kill us.

Good luck everybody and good commenting.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my backyard where the train still runs and dragons fly free– Bill Maki won or lost the draw and he started the Liar’s Club finals today. This is the story he told:
“ You look like a group of people who can be trusted so I am going to tell you a secret that I’ve kept from all of Pigeon Falls. I have a good friend named Robert Strickenberry who is a professor of biological science at the California Institute of Technology. He has been working at the splicing of genes and he spliced some human genes into the gene code of a rabbit. He was trying to create a human that could jump higher. The result was a three foot White Rabbit with human characteristics. Now he wasn’t authorized to do this experiment so he brought the rabbit here where it escaped and where people catch a glimpse of it every once in a while. Now this rabbit has some other strange characteristics. He likes pink sweaters and to wave at people. He can talk. He also seems to have the ability to float upward and my friend has no idea where that came from. My friend assures me that the rabbit is not dangerous but has one terrible habit. It likes to lie. In fact if you sat in on Jon Bergall’s story the other day that Rabbit had Jon believing that he came from another dimension and was being chased by a dragon. I’m telling you the rabbit could win this contest hands down. He also likes to fool people . He has poor Mrs. Trumble believing he’s a demon. But he won’t go there anymore since she bought a shotgun. There is nothing worse in this world than a lying , joke playing rabbit. Now if you don’t think this story is true ask any of the people who have seen the White Rabbit they will back me up.”
The judges gave him five tens and five nines for a score of 9.5. Now we have to wait to see how the others do.
******

The Link for today is:DMD Scratchboard Gallery Blog . Remember to put Dr. John in your comment to get 5 lovable JCPOINTS. To check your points click HERE.
Today's drawing will be held when Betty gets up. She has done a lot of work lately so I'm letting her sleep.
I'd like to ask a favor . My grandaughter Bree has lost a friend , her age, and part of her first communion group. She is helping to handle her grief the way many in the blog community do by blogging. Could you drop by her blog and leave one of your kind comments. Click here on Bree to go to her blog.
If you have some ideas about how to handle a bully your could stop by Bazza27's blog Tremendous and share them with him. His blog today is on bullys.
I could suggest you go to Quilldancer's blog andd vote for me , two or three times, but that would be unethical so I won't do it.
Well Betty is up and the first drawing has been held. If sue's name was drawn she gets what's in the PRIZE BOX. And the name is.....


.......


Meredith who has only 16 JCPOINTS so the odds are against her for tomorrow. Sorry Sue.( Sorry Bree)But luck is a a funny thing. Good luck Meredith.
Now to the second drawing. The second drawing went against the odds. Jafabrit was drawn twice so she gets both spoons an almost impossible happening. To make it even stranger she is from England and has won once before. Wow life takes strange turns.I calculated the odds on this happening. For her to be picked at all the odds were 1 chance in 22. To be picked twice the odds were 1 in 484. This is based on her JCPOINT total.
Betty took the garbage (some of it to the dump) then we cleaned the garage and took down and stored the tables from the rummage sale. After that we began the boxing up of the G scale train cars that aren't going with the house. Then Betty went to the grocery store and now she has gone to bible study. I need a breathing treatment
GBYA

22 Comments:

Blogger jafabrit said...

I will try to leave comments here and there, but I am in a rather grumpy mood. Worried mood. so forgive me if I am not as attentive lately.

Like the spoons :)

so sorry about Bree's loss of a friend :(

4:59 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i'm terribly sorry that Bree is suffering. my condonlences to the family of her friend's too.
****
your friends list is growing leaps and bounds, so you will be busy doing a mini marathon today.

i'm sorry that Betty is so tired. i really would lend you me and the 5 kids for help if we lived closed by. they are so good help. she sounds like such a strong woman in everything. spirit, physically, emotionally. she is a great catch and your are both so lucky to have found each other.
***************
i think the rabbit should enter the liar's contest. can you imagine how many tales he have.
Bill's was good but i will wait to hear the others. i'm not conviced he will win.
*********************
Bree is in our thoughts. I'm terribly glad that she has a great family for support and guidance.

Hugs to Betty. That saintly woman deserves an applause and so do you. You both have been working so extra hard. I hope it all comes to an end soon...

take care. read you tomorrow.

5:17 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

Oh my heaven's LOL! Fancy that I WON and I won the spoons of all things. That has to be an omen of some kind, has to be.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

My comment for Monday is regarding the contest and the fact that no one has won the grand prize. Now I get a clearer picture of why we never win the lottery or you never win at the spins game.

I am glad you let Betty sleep in.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Okay, I just voted for you on Quilldancer's poll. Looked like someone else was voting too, but we got you to the top. My son is on another band voting thing -- this time on MTV2. I will have to post the link once I get caught up.
Have to check out Bree's blog.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I've been wondering about the postage on that package. I was thinking that soon, even at the price of gas, it might be cheaper to rent a truck and deliver it in person!

Bill Maki should have stopped by my blog and entered the contest. That's quite a story. He even incorporated another liar's tale as support. Pretty inventive.

I am off to visit the blogs! Have a great day!

7:04 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Thanks granpa those comments where the best. I'm still shocked. It feels as if he was at church yesterday. Hum? thanks again.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Ooooh, the Bunny is taking a new direction. Could this be a nice bunny or an evil Irontail wabbit? God Bless Dr. John.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Bree! Will keep her in our pray'rs.

=> high class collector’s spoons that you can only get from the trunks of cars in the big city<=

hahaaaa, I was wondering where those spoons went! Remind me 2 park in the country!

;]

7:59 AM  
Blogger Denise M. DesLauriers said...

Thanks for including my blog DMD Scratchboard Gallery in your blog for the day!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good spoons, Jafabrit!

Shame about Bree and her friend.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

wow, if only Jabarit could have the same luck hitting a million dollar lottery!!!

Poor Betty....give her a hug from me....moving is such a pain.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Words help more if they come with a hug.......I am sorry to hear about your friend Bree. Ana lost a close friend last year. I think this is a time when your Grandma and Grandpa can be of great comfort to you. nothing like having family close when you are sad. We all handle grief a bit differently, Ana sings and draws, so she made a memorial card for her friend and filled it with all the wonderful things that she could remember, pictures and glitter and hearts and flowers, and then gave it to her friends parents. It helped her a lot, she also did a lot of singing around the house for weeks.. They were choir buddies.

Congratulations to jafabrit, that is such good odds, she might want to consider buying a raffle ticket, huh....

by the way, is that rabbits name Harvey?

Today was back to school day......tonight will be back to school fill out forms and papers night......nothing changes but their age, wish we could just skip that part of back to school.....and save my wrists...

11:55 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Jafabrit was having an rough day by the looks of her comment...that is why lady luck looked on her so kindly..i just hope she rushes to buy a lottery ticket..luck is with her right now. great going girl!

Dr. John and Betty..i just had the mail come and with it a most wonderful gift..oh thank you from the bottom of my heart..the card and the magnet is magnificantly beautiful! we all love it..i'm not sure what i thought the magnet would look like, but certainly never did i think it would be my header...oh the turtle is so darn cute..how thoughtful of you and how much work it must have been...the nice friends we have made along the way through you, your blogs and links are present enough and now just a treat, thank you both from all of us...we proudly have it on our fridge...it looks great.

thanks again!

12:59 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

That's so wonderful that Bree has an outlet for her feelings and stuff through blogging.

My thoughts and prayers are with her.

2:44 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

So sorry to hear about Bree. That is very sad. God be with her...

2:49 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I have just come from a visit to Bree. I really felt sad for her. It is really sad and difficult to forget someone who has been close to you. Of course she'll do but it will take more than time. Anyway sent her prayers she requested for Luke and Luke's family.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

What is it about Monday's lately? I vote we skip next one, with the exception of Dr. John's stuff. I think this latest liar is the best one so far.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

It's a busy blog day. I see that many visited Bree's blog too. The link of the day is very interesting.

... and I was so sure I was going to win the prize box.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John, my blogging magnet came in today's mail. I love it. Thank you very much!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Just popping in to say hello. It looks like an interesting blog. I'll be back....

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home