Monday, August 07, 2006

Another Monday again



Saying for the day: Believe it or not there are some nice people in this world and they blog.

It’s Monday and time to do another drawing for the prize box. Since nobody had won as of Sunday we are adding another house and a few little items to the village. When Betty gets up and does the drawing we will know if Andrenea will win the whole box.



Then Betty will draw for today’s prizes.
We wanted something that was really priceless (worthless) and we found these two wonderful Stink Blasters.

How much more priceless can you get.





Now a few comments on the Marathon.

First: I am sorry it took so long to tally up the comments.
I will do better next month if At&T cooperates.

Second: I am very proud of our blog family.
Over and over I read very nice comments that clearly showed you had read the blog and not just dumped a comment and went on.
Pat yourself on the back.

Third: The refrigerator magnets are all done and some are being mailed out today.
The rest wait for addresses .
I need addresses for Bella, Nea, and Stacy. You can e-mail them to me at linnajohn@sbcglobal.net.
Do not put them in the comments since anybody can read the comments.

Fourth: I had loads of fun and hope you did too.

@@@
News from Pigeon Falls – the little town in my backyard with a man made out of stone.—Eino went to the registrar of deeds and looked up the name of the Chicago Hermit only to find that the Chicago Company that said they knew nothing are the owners of the house. Isn’t that odd. Eino tried all day to get them but nobody answered.
Eino also had a friend at the telephone company check on the Hermit’s calls and they were all local. There were no long distance calls at all. In or out.
In the afternoon a lady got off of the 4:00 train and went to take Robert’s taxi. She said she wanted to go to the Stenwall home. Robert told her there was no Stenwall home that he knew of. She produced a map and the house on the map was the Chicago Hermit’s house. Robert took her to Eino’s garage. She told Eino she was Robert Stenwall’s sister and she was concerned because eher brother hadn’t called for a long time and wasn’t answering her calls. Eino said the house phone was out of order. She said she always called on his cell phone. So Robert and Eino took her out to the house. She counted the rocks in the front yard and then selected one. It was hollow with a key inside.
Eino went into the house with her and as they came into the living room she fainted. Robert brought some water and she quickly revived. “I told him it was dangerous” she said. Then she told Eino and Robert they could leave. “I’ll stay here tonight” she said. In the morning I’ll call some of the family and see what we should do. Eino said “we can’t leave you in the house unless you show some identification”. She showed Eino what looked like a valid driver’s license . Eino took down the number and then he and Robert left. They will try to get more information from her in the morning.
****

Link for the day: The Flying Beagle-Remember to leave the words Dr. John in your comment to get those adorable JCPOINTS. Check your points HERE.
Now to the drawings. First for the JCPOINTS prize box. Andrena was drawn yesterday. Is she lucky? No ! Today's name is Peter. Sorry Andrena. ( Sorry Brea) Good luck Peter.
Now today's prize drawings. The winners of those adorable Stink Blasters are Javanagogh and Sue. Congratulations we count on you to give them a good home.
Today was the day to go to the doctor. This is always a scarey time for me. The doctor did his usual things. I told him I was having more trouble breathing than usual so he ordered an x-ray, which I had taken today. And he ordered blood tests which I will have done tomorrow . I have to fast twelve hours before taking them. We did a little cleaning in the garage. A couple came to look at the house but they wern't impressed. My daughter had her arm put in a cast after yesterday's fall and we are waiting for more information. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

16 Comments:

Blogger Deepak Gopi said...

Hi Doctor
nice to meet you

5:03 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Good morning. as the talented http://contrarychristian.blogspot.com/ said after the marathon regarding all her visitors, you are no retired minister. we are a growing and happy little blogging community of friends with you and Betty somewhere in the center.
i thank you for all the wonderful friends, including you both, that we have made through your links. there are alot of nice people you are right..and 2 of them are right there in your home.
and please don't apologize for nothing about tallying the results..my goodness that was a big job. we had the easy part. if the goverment or any stores worked as fast and as smoothly as you both did with the tallying and now even the prizes being ready to go out-well, our world would run so much better!!!
********
it seems to me that Eino has found the answers to all the hermit's mystery.....his sister with that one senstence said it all..'I told him it was dangerous' ... it seems that although Eino might not know it yet, he now knows what and where the hermit is...i guess Robert is not such a good liar after all,,he was telling the truth!
********************
another day, and another hope for a winner for Bree, lol...i hope Pennie is alright and they gave her something for pain. pls update us if possible. hope you have a wonderful day. take care. hugs all around. read you tomorow..

5:05 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

It is leave a comment Monday so my comment is ; "There are never enough stink blasters"

Hey, good luck Peter!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I won something? Been gone a couple days. Guess I will be surprised when I finally get back home.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John -- in light of the strange goings on in Pigeon Falls, one truly wonders if the liars are really lying. I can hardly wait to learn what will beome of the Hermit's sister in that house all alone.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I wanted a stink blaster ( pout)...you take all the time you need totaling up the points and thank you and Betty for making blogging the fun thing it is!!!!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks for the mention! Stop by anytime.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A big corporation lied?? Imagine that.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Hi Dr. John, I sent you my address via of email.....if you don't receive it, just let me know.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

what would a day be without a "Dr. John fix"? I think I'll invite one of my nuttier co-workers to join us...he has a strange rabbit too so he should fit right in.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

I spend much time here in contemplation......trying to decide if the liers club are really telling the truth, or if there is a wink at the end of each tale.

I am still scratching my head trying to figure out who everyone is, is Eino a real person,? I think I need to go back into the archives for explanation.

I was doing the marathon for just the fun, I can't even imagine the amount of work that must go into a tally. This must keep you very busy. But it is a job that someone must do, and you are doing it very well. Little did I know what fun this was going to be....

2:55 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

A mystery in Pigeon Falls. I love a good mystery.

Thank you for drawing my name. I can't wait for my stink blaster to arrive. It will make a hit at Friday night cards.. I sure don't win at cards.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Your blog family is proud of you Dr. John. You are a wonderful shepherd. -Margie

3:19 PM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Catch, I gotta couple stink blaster here in my house right now, that I could spare for a few days....haha haha

but you got to feed them big bean burritos and chili......

8:36 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Oh those things are pretty. Hope could also win one of those but of course this would be far out I know.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home