Friday, July 28, 2006

Goodbye Honey

Saying for the Day: It's hard to lose a good neighbor.

This morning I had to so one of those things I hate doing .
I removed a link from my link list.

That list is like a group of friends to me and I hate to remove anybody .

But Honey has decided not to blog any more and has deleted the blog the link was to.

It is like losing a good neighbor.
When you first come to a neighborhood you are all alone.
Then, maybe a neighbor stops over with a cake and welcomes you to the neighborhood.
Pretty soon you wave at each other in the morning.
Or you stand at the fence and exchange a little gossip.
You get together and tell stories.
Everything is good.

Then one day a moving van pulls up next door and the neighbor is gone.
It was good to know them but now your sad and you miss them.

Well when you start blogging you are all alone.
There is nobody to read the stuff you are writing.
Then somebody stops in and shares a comment with you and life is better.
After a while the neighborhood grows.

You visit the family of blogs every day or almost every day.
So when suddenly one ceases to exist you feel sad.
Glad for the comments shared and the stories told but sad that it has ended.

But as one door closes another opens so I have added Sue to my links list.
She has a blog called Outside My Window and is a Yooper.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my backyard where pigeons are King.– Yesterday afternoon Eino Jupola and our Constable went up to the Chicago Hermit’s place . The groceries were still on the porch and some were in bad condition. The front door had one of those old locks and the Constable managed to unlock it with a piece of wire ( Eino didn’t ask where he learned to do that) Once inside they went directly to the living room . There under the strangest piece of equipment they had ever seen was a marble replica of the Chicago Hermit. . To make it stranger it had on the Hermit’s clothes. The machine around it seemed to have broken or something. Pieces of melted plastic were hanging down all over the place. Their were huge glass tubes that seemed to have popped and wires with the insulation burned off of them. A couple of what looked like control boards were melted and it looked like something terrific had hit the entire unit. The Constable remembered that four days ago there was this bog lightning storm with terrific thunder. He thought maybe the machine was hit by lightning. But where was the hermit and who made the statue. A closer examination of the statue showed no chisel marks , at least none that could be seen. Eino wants to know who made the statue. How did it get there. How did the Hermit’s clothes get on it. Has a crime been committed. All kinds of questions and not a single answer.
Of course you couldn’t keep this secret. By noon everybody in town knew about it. It has pushed the dragon and the A White Rabbit out of the gossip stream. People are saying that the guy was trying some kind of experiment and because of the lightning he got turned to stone. Mrs. Turmble thinks a demon did it but then she sees demons every where.
Eino is stuck because no laws have been broken except by the Constable. It isn’t against the law to let groceries rot. It isn’t against the law to leave town. It isn’t against the law to have a statue in your house. What in the world should he do?
Robert now has added the turning to stone into his tour presentation. He is not unhappy.
*****

Todays Link is In a Sense. Leave a comment containg the words Dr. John and get five (count them) 5 wonderful JCPOINTS. Check your total HERE.
Now to the days contest. Lois on the Web was drawn yesterday . Will she be drawn again today and win what's in the prize box? No. I'm sorry Lois. Today's name is Chana . If we draw her name again tomorrow she get what's in the prize box.
We worked in the basement this morning. I think one more day and the workroom will be done.
Betty went to her birthday club this afternoon. It was M arlene's birthday. My sister Chris called and she is coming for church Sunday morning.
Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, this would have been a good one for that old show "Unsolved Mysteries."

5:34 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Yes it is indeed sad when you lose a friend. Like a neighbor, you don't want to lose them especially when they are good neighbors. I also did this before but what can I do, I had to. There was no use putting her there when she's gone.
Thanks for visiting.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

This year had had 3 sets of friends (Couples)move cross country and now they no longer frequent my couch -- and now you're telling me people move away in blogland, too?! Noooooooo!

Statue = wierd. Did anybody check to see if it was salt ...?

7:19 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

It is better to have blogged that not to have blogged at all...we all enjoyed Honey while she was here and who knows, she may return because she will miss us soooooo much! Right? Right.....maybe......

7:38 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I think he must have gotten caught in some vortex created by the dragon and the rabbit.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori...you are right...I may start back! I definitly miss everyone and will still be watching from a distance! I'll let you guys know first when I do. Keep checking with Mimi on me if you wish...otherwise...I am still here and appreciate you all the same!!! Thank you Dr. John for all the friends you have introduced me to! And while I have been replaced in your links...you best NEVER forget me!! I did recieve my prize and love it!!! :) Not sure what I'll do with it yet...but I figure something out!!
Take Care All!
~~Honey~~
PS--I do still have my myspace page but it is set to private so if anyone gets a myspace page let me know..or Mimi. My email is jaae654@yahoo.com

8:17 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

saying goodbye sucks. saying goodbye is something i haven't learned to do maturately and won't ever want to learn. i hope Honey is happy and at peace. at the end that is what really matters with each one of us.
**********
i am thinking that somehow you have the Hermit right there and not a statue. maybe he is an extra terrestial. creepy but could be true. lol
Robert is enjoying quite the booming business with all these odd happenings...
********************
Yahoo, my name again. the suspence, the suspence :) ...
hope you have a great day. hugs to Betty. today is a fun day for her if i remember right. i hope she enjoys herself. take care and read you tomorrow.

9:45 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I love unsolved mysteries in stacy's comment. Yes you get a point i need to count them again.
It's sad that honey is gone by honey.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Thanks for the Link Dr. John.

How'd you find my site anyway? I am just taking up this blogging thing again after a long hiatus.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happens if someone wins the prize in the prize box will it continue? What will Be the next prize.


I will write who I am in code.

sikk giyaw arieuwa

9:55 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I miss Honey too. I feel sad deleteing her link...probably why I havent done it yet.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Gunngirl said...

I understand about removing people from your blogs. I had a great blog friend and I still have his blog listed but he's no longer blogging. I have yet tot take it down, one day when I clean up and organize my list, I'll delete it. Sigh.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

It's always sad to lose a friend. I didn't know Honey, but it seems like lots of people really loved her.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

So beautifully written Dr. John. It is sad to loose a bloggy friend.

Oh my! The Chicago Hermit may had been working on a secret Tesla coil experiment and was zapped back in time to save your Pops watch from getting smashed.

Just joking, but wouldn't it be so cool if I weren't. -Margie

6:24 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

hi Dr. John, I was just going to visit "Sue" and welcome her to the "neighborhood" but I keep getting the following error whenever I click on her name in your list:
Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
[code=DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND] The host name was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found by retrying the URL.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home