Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday and a new contest






Saying for the Day: Sometimes lightning does strike twice.

Another Monday and as usual another drawing.

The prize for today’s drawing is a Sesame Street Collectible.

No home should be without at least one Sesame Street Collectible .

It is pictured on the left.

Good luck and I will post the winners tomorrow.



Now for the new super JCPOINTS contest.

This one has a prize box and the prize will be less priceless (it has a little value)

The game will work like this.

Every day Betty will draw one name.
If your name is drawn two days in a row you win.
Its that simple.
If your name is drawn on Tuesday and again on Wednesday you win. Otherwise the person drawn on Wednesday will win if drawn on Thursday and so on.

If nobody wins by next Monday we add another prize to the box. The box will keep growing until somebody wins.
The first prize in the box is a genuine Lemax village train system. Just the thing to go around your Christmas village. Its pictured on the left. The more JCPOINTS you have the better your chance of winning but you could win with just two. Today’s name will be announced just after the News from Pigeon Falls.
Again good luck to you all.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls - the little town in my back yard .Where dragons still fly sometimes– Yesterday was a quiet Sunday in Pigeon Falls. There were no dragons or White Rabbits with pink sweaters. Nothing caught fire or burned down. Nobody got arrested for anything. It was just a quiet day.
Attendance was down at Last Lutheran as many of the members had gone to the wedding the day before and like good Lutherans they believed God only expected them in church once a week so they slept in.
Tommy has gone to visit his aunt and uncle in Iron Mountain so he didn’t get into any trouble unless of course it was in Iron Mountain.
Jonathans old football buddies were invited out to his dad’s house for a meal and to have a few laughs about what happened yesterday.
Nancy served over a hundred cups of coffee, mostly to guests left over from the wedding.
Pete and Eino got in one last day of fishing before Pete left.
Lori spent some time at Nancy’s learning how to make saffron buns so she can make them for Pete.
Despite their higher prices Bof’s did a fantastic amount of business. Again mostly on guests that hadn’t left yet.
Our two tourist traps sold a lot of White Rabbit sweaters and the new “Watch out for the Dragon” sweaters being sold at Wink’s Woods.
Like I said it was a quiet day in Pigeon Falls, so quiet you could almost hear the potatoes growing.
*****

The link for today is Music Man. Remeber to leave the words Dr. John in your comment to get JCPOINTS. Check your JCPOINT total HERE.
The name drawn this morning is Chana. If we draw her name again tomorrow she wins the Christmas train. This kind of suspense can only be found at the Fortress. Of course tomorrow we will also announce the winner of today's pricless prize.(more unbearble suspense)
Betty stayed up until 2:30 last night to get the house ready for today's walk through and they just canceled. Sometimes you just can't win.
There is a real problem with commenting on today's link but the entry is worth reading. So go there and then just let me know and I'll give you credit. The poor guy doesn't get many comments and now I know why.
I spent most of the day working on our family tree . The server it was on before sort of disappeared and so it all had to be transferred to the new website. I got through about a quarter today. Betty continued to clean the house. She wants it perfect when prospective buyers come.
Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

well I hope Tommy doesnt get in any trouble at his Uncles...and did Lori really learn to make saffron buns??? I still dont know what they are. You make blogging fun!!!!

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited Music Man's site, but couldn't comment without signing up for a WordPress account.

Your JC Points are such a fun idea. The train is pretty cool. My daughter hopes I win Zoey.

5:15 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

Awwww----I couldn't comment on Music Man's site either....
I even tried 2 sign in...
NOTHING WORKED!!! :"(

Prizes, Prizes, Prizes--
U R THE MAN!

I want w go 2 Pigeon Falls!
I want 2 C a dragon!!!
I LUV DRAGONS!

thanx, dr. john!
:]

5:43 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I didnt try to comment. Maybe that is a good thing.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - do you really have to be +18 to have those Sesame St. collectibles?

8:20 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John, I went by Music Man's place. I even signed up for a wordpress login -- but his arrogance and self-importance left me without anything kind to say -- and you know if you have nothing kind to say, you should say nothing at all.

I'm still waiting for the dragon to turn up in the pink sweater -- which would explain why the bunnies are missing.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

SO what the heck is a saffron bun? I sure like your game though. Fun.
I had trouble with Music Man's site too. Oh well.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Looks like everyone feels the same about Music Man's site. It takes all kinds I guess.

Love the prizes. catch is right, you make blogging fun!! Thank you.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I don't have a word press acct. either but you were right- the entry was a good read- funny, though it would be embarrassing to be her.

3:12 PM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

what is that saying, hum, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"
I have a BIG FAT NOTHING to say EVER, so there :)

6:50 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Sesame Street Colletibles. They are cute. My son loves "Elmo" from the Sesame Street Program. In fact has 2 of these stuffed Elmos. He has a tshirt and lots of CDs to watch. He's head over heels on Elmo.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i read your post first thing am but i wasn't able to comment..good that i get to it now.

i didn't comment or try to at Music man's blog. sorry but i thought it was for the best after reading his post for today...i don't deserve any points and i'm okay with it considering.

i like your contests. i look forward to seeing how this one turns out. good luck to us all. the suspence is awesome..lol..
*******
i like how it is all quiet and calm in the town. it is almost eary. the calm before the storm perhaps...lol
*****************
i hope that Betty got some extra rest in today. i was pretty worried how much she worked for things to get cancelled...i guess it happens but it's horrible. everyone has been working so hard. i do hope it all generates desire wishes. pls give Betty a most deserve hug...poor girl, she must be exhausted.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

Goodness. That's about all I can say! Actually, I guess I can say a little more, but we'll leave Music Man out of it. I was going to today, but I'll start working on my JC points again with your next post.

Thank you for your comment on my blog regarding my friend David. His funeral is Wednesday so please remember his family in your prayers.

12:56 AM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

michael kors outlet
adidas trainers uk
louis vuitton handbags
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses outlet
louboutin sale
air jordan
louboutin pas cher
true religion outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
2016.12.8xukaimin

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home