Sunday, July 16, 2006

Tagged again!

Saying for the Day: Tag your it.

Laurie tagged me so here goes.

Hi-fives:

In my purse/wallet:

~ Social security card

~ $ 1.00

~ Driver’s License

~ Ordained Pastor’s Card (signed by Bishop)

~ my junior detective card

In my refrigerator:

~ Brita pitcher always filled with H20

~ 3 cans Diet Dr. Pepper (cherry vanilla)

~ oranges

~ half pound hot dogs

~ lots of strawberry Jam

In my closet:

~ shirts

~ Barbie mobile home

~ storage boxes (assorted junk)

~ my Dracula Cape

~ two oxygen containers

In my car:

~ walker

~ DVD player

~ Roy Rogers DVD

~ several Wisconsin maps

~ candy wrappers

I’m tagging nobody. It has to end somewhere

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my back yard– Pastor Marvel had a good sermon today so I’m sharing part of it.
“ This last week something terrible happened. A dragon showed its ugly head in Pigeon Falls. We all thought the dragon was gone forever. We were far too nice a town to have such things flying around. But now we see that’s not true. There is that dragon on the main street and on the farm, and in every house in town. You looked confused. You thought I was talking about that funny little green thing that chased that non existant Rabbit didn’t you. No! That dragon doesn’t scare me. I feel sure we can handle it. No, the dragon I’m talking about is the dragon of racism. We like to think there isn’t any here but suddenly it came out of the shadows and we saw that it was there. We were scared because we knew that dragon was nestled in our hearts as well. Hidden, but there . We didn’t want to see it. We wanted people to shut up and pretend they didn’t feel that way. But you don’t fight this dragon by pretending it isn’t there. You fight this dragon by seeing everybody as people that God loves. He loves the people that are different from us as much as He loves us. In Christ we are sisters and brothers. You fight this dragon by loving Jesus enough to love others because He wants us to. Christ’s love alone is the sword to slay this dragon.” You could have heard a pin drop during the sermon. I hope it did some good.
The other dragon hasn’t been back and neither has the White Rabbit. Robert took the day off and went fishing. I half expect him to see something in the lake. It would be the Pigeon Falls equivalent of the Loch Ness monster. But if he does I won’t believe him. I believe Tommy saw something because he has no tour group to run but Robert I don’t think so.
****

Today's link :Going on 40 - Remember to put the words Dr. John in your comment to get JCPOINTS. To see your point total to date click here .-----
We went back to working on the dining room. It is a real struggle to let go of things but it has to be done. Help showed up this afternoon as my daughter-in-law Lori and my Son Pete and familyarrived. Pete took all the boxes we had packed back to Green Bay with him. Lori stayed to help us pack. We have such wonderful children. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

5 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

I see the dragon connection very clearly with the rumor of the new coach. Is there something similar going on with the white rabbits?

8:25 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

thank you for the visitors!

Carly
~(going on 40)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

did you say your dracula cape?

2:32 PM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

Catch -- I did a double-take on that, too! But I bet Dr. John meant for us to!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THINGS CAN SURELY GET EXCITING IN PIGEON FALLS! Just like a soap opera ... never a dull moment...
It breaks my heart that Crystal Falls is losing such a fine couple ... your new community, I'm sure, will soon appreciate their new neighbor.
I'll keep posting pictures of the "old home town".

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home