Monday, July 10, 2006

And again we draw!!!


Saying for the Day: A comment a day keeps boredom away.

Another Monday has rolled around.
Another “leave a comment Monday.”

That means another JCPOINTS drawing.
You can not believe how I agonize over the prizes for the drawing.
Because of the prestige and honor that goes with being drawn the prize has to be special.
It also must be priceless ( without value).
I spend hours searching through store after store to find just the right prize. (Believe that and I have a little swamp land to sell you)

In any case in honor of the many Navy wives, who are part of our strange group of blogs, today’s prize is a little statue of a sailor pictured on the side.
This will remind you of those who sacrificed and are sacrificing for our freedom.
We have now gone from angels to sailors what will we do next week?

Later today Betty will do the drawing and I will announce the two winners tomorrow.
If you want to see the pool from which the winners will be drawn click here.

Remember there is one chance to be drawn for each JCPOINT you have. We have had a winner that had only two points so anything is possible. Good luck.

Because Betty is drawing she is disqualified from winning.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-the little town in my backyard– Their back!!! The Pigeons are back. Nobody knows why but they just came flying in today. There are not as many ( that’s good) but the town is filled with the sounds of pigeons cooing . You can see them sitting on the town hall. One old timer said its like Christmas and Thanksgiving all rolled into one. Everybody ( except Frank) is happy to see them. This just wasn’t Pigeon Falls without them. People are going around singing or humming the Pigeon Falls song.
Nancy said that there is a rumor that Tommy, the undertaker’s kid, caught Robert moving something to the roof of the fire hall and it wasn‘t a pigeon. He promised Robert, for the good of the town, he wouldn’t tell. He is doing pretty good on that promise but there has been a leak or two. Nancy is making sure she doesn’t share that information with tourists. Robert’s tours are fun let’s not spoil them.
The “real” white rabbit showed up out at the coaling station. It winked at Joe who was shoveling coal at the time. Then it hopped away. Life goes on.
The Pigeon Days committee is looking for some new events to add to the Pigeon Days festivities. Somebody suggested white rabbit chasing. A prize for anyone who gets a picture of the white rabbit.
*****

Todays link is Ode to Albatrosses - Remember to put the words Dr. John in your comment to get JC points. If you want to see an interesting and funny post goto .( no JCpoints however)a modicum of whimsy
Well Betty did the drawing and we will announce the winners tomorrow. One has 145 points and the other 52 points. I spent most of the morning going through the e-mail I neglected while I was sick. There were over 300 entries. Most were a waste of time but several contained addresses for blog cards . I will mail those tomorrow. There was one other I feel bad about one of our blog friends wanted me to put in a link but it had to go in before June 9. I feel bad becaus eI would have been glad to do it. I really hate being sick. We got the hallway cleaned today. Poor Betty washed the floor on her knees. It is ready for people to see the house. Tomorrow we tackle the living room. It is my grandaughter's birthday today. happy birthday Bree. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

So they are happy the pigeons are back, but not too many of them? Must mean the residents of Pigeons Falls can only take so much loving, hand holding, trains on time, cooing in the woods, singing in the streets and good crops! They need to listen to what they are singing!

New event for the Pigeon Days festivities? How about a singable melody for the Pigeon Falls song? Hmmmmm, they could have a battle of the bands to decide it! :-)

BTW, results later today.

4:38 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

Hi Dr. John!
So glad the pigeons came back!
I luv 2 watch them jump curbs!
Sorry I missed last week-it was a very busy wk, but I'm back!
...now 2 go visit albatrosses....
;]

5:51 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I think you have chosen a good prize...I can see that it must have take seconds...err...hours if not days to pick out this special prize for the special person who wins it.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

That's a nice statue, Dr. John. Good luck to all the JC points participants!

I like Jan VanGogh's idea of a battle of the bands!! That would be fun!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Yeah! You could invite The Birds and A Flock of Seagulls (to name a few) to participate. :-)

I need to get back to painting.

8:23 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

How about rabbit tossing competion, or pin the tail on the bunny :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

It is wonderful that the Pigeons are back, I am sure the town is so happy!!!!

Oooh I love the statue of the Sailor. I am as bad as Mimi's Durk with collecting Navy things, in matter of fact I have a whole room dedicated to the Navy, even though at times I really cant stand it.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

I'm so glad the pigeons are back...I was trying to figure out how to send you a few!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Charlene Amsden said...

I suppose I should apologize for this in advance -- but how about a Pigeon Falls cook-off? I have this lovely recipe for deviled rabbit ....

1:50 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

well well...they are back! I think they went on a little vacation and now they are home!

3:38 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Thanks for letting me know that I won. Unfortunately I don't have a snail mail and I don't know if we have that here. I have a mailing address if that would do, you can email me if this is okay and I'll email you my mailing address.
Thanks!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Happy Birthday Bree

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a very pertinent prize!

2:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better, Dr. John.

If I leave a comment on Tuesday, that was meant for "leave a comment Monday," is it still a comment?

While we're on the topic -- if a tree falls in the forest . . .

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home