Sunday, July 02, 2006

Things are rosy !!!

Saying for the Day: Rose by any other name is still a dumb color.

Our Real Estate agent gave us several suggestions on how to make the house more sellable.

First she thought we should repaint.

Let me tell you about this house.

When we bought it every room , except the bathroom and kitchen, was painted rose.
Every ceiling was painted rose.
The floors were covered with plush rose carpet. ( Did I tell you I hate rose).

We had every intention of repainting and then I got sick.
My poor condition lungs wouldn’t take the painting so we were stuck with rose everything.

Well not the carpets, Because I was learning to walk when I got out of the hospital they pulled most of the carpeting.
Underneath were absolutely beautiful wood floors.
Why they covered them I will never know.

We did repaint the far bedroom.
My wife opened the windows and closed the door so the fumes wouldn’t cause me any problems.

I guess the best thing we can say about the walls and ceiling is that at least they aren’t purple.

If you know anybody that’s looking for a house that loves the color rose please send them to us.

I hope you have a rosy day.
@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my backyard– Things were not so rosy in Pigeon Falls this morning. The results of yesterday's big windstorm could be seen everywhere. Toivo and Eino's garage had no roof. The roof was sitting in the back parking lot. The gas station was off its foundation. Things were blown in all kinds of odd places.And oddest of all there were no pigeons. They have all vanished, gone with the wind. Word is that work on the new amusment park on the other end of the county has been set back at least two weeks by the storm.
In other news Pastor Marvel all but begged for people to help with the Last Lutheran float at service this morning. He played both the pride and the guilt card. But I don’t think he moved them.
Speaking of Pastor Marvel he plans on going on a one week vacation the third week in July. He and Mrs. Marvel are going to visit the kids in Arizona . I sure hope he has better luck than he did last year. Then he had just arrived at the son’s place when he was called back for a funeral. He didn’t have to come, of course, but it was an old and faithful member and he felt he owed it to her. Sometimes being a pastor is not easy. But then , as people always tell him, he only has to work on Sunday.
Bree went back to Green bay today and Eino promised to let her know how everything turns out.
The Liar’s center at the town park was repainted this last week. The center is used by all kinds of groups holding events in the park. It is a place with a stove and electricity. It is big enough to handle a small group if it rains. The liar’s contest, which is now held on the main street, used to beheld here. The Tip Top Liar is crowned here. The place is just filled with memories.
Amasa , a toen near Pigeon Falls is having an all class reunion and Frank Grenwall called Pastor Marvel and asked where he could find Amasa in the bible. People think that pastors know every verse in scripture, which of course they do. Amasa was the son of Abigail , a sister to David ( I Chronicles 2:17) and head of David’s army.
The summer baseball season is here and Last Lutheran lost to the boys from Crying Angel Catholic Church. Last year, Last Lutheran, came in last and they were hoping to do better this year. I think if they would only get up enough nerve to tell Pastor Marvel that he should coach and not play they would do better. In that game he hit into a triple play and drooped an easy fly ball. How do you tell a pastor anything?Despite the storm life goes on.
*****

The link for today is Chicago Sunsets. Remember to put the words Dr. John in your comment for JC points. The link today was suggested by W.J. St. Christopher.
Soon we will leave for Green Bay. I am taking the laptop. If it doesn't explode I will blog from the motel.The motel had no internet connection but I did get a breathing treatment.
GBYA

13 Comments:

Blogger jafabrit said...

I hope you have a rosy day yourself, although not because of the walls eeek!

oh selling a house and moving is such a pain. What will you do with your wonderful little village? will it be following you wherever you go?

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey my middle name is rose and i like your walls.I like roses just as long as the white rabbit don't eat them.
Thr crazy object B.

5:37 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

Painting, ahhh I dislike it so much now. When we first moved into our house we painted every room in 3 days before the furniture got here. Since then I have absolutly NO desire to paint.

I wonder what the previous owners were thinking when they painted it rose....what exactly was the thought process that went into that decision??

7:44 AM  
Blogger Chrisk67 said...

Dr. John,

Thank you for the Link Up, much apprecciated. W.J and yourself have brought some traffic to Chicago Sunsets. Thank you again.

Chrisk67

7:49 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Perhaps you can overlook the purple door when you come to visit.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's going on here, Doc?

More crazy coincidences?

We are also doing the same thing, painting, looking to move house, etc.

Also, when we moved in to this house, all the rooms were done in icky pastel shades, with the bedrooms...you guessed it, rose!

Damn Twilight Zone!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Call it taupe with a pink undertone.

Cant hurt to try burying St. Joe. Jandrains on Main in Green Bay has the St. Joe sales kit (a statue and a prayer card) all boxed up for $6.

I told my Lutheran pastor what I had done and I could detect a bit of concern in her voice. But I am okay. :-) St. Joe sits on the window sill of our new place. I did break the support to his table when I dug him up. Nothing bad happened, tho.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

rose walls, ceilings and carpet???? what were those people thinking?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I would have loved to see the rose house when it was fully furnished with the rose-compatible furnishing and accessories!

A little rose goes a long way, I guess.

Thanks for the "Chicago Sunsets" link, Dr. John!

Don't forget the travel-size fire extinguisher on your trip; just in case the laptop blows its top!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Since there is not a breath of fresh air stirring here at home I had to visit you for some- as usual.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Joedie said...

-Its really great to get connected with other bloggers around the world and I really appreciated you and your groups of friends visiting my blog which makes me feel that the blogger world is so much more warmer.
I really hope that we can keep on corresponding and exchanging ideas or more likely part of sharing

8:24 PM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

And I thought it was these rose colored glasses I've been wearing! Thanks for dropping by my blog and the encouragement you gave me.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you sure you are not living in Stephen King's "Rosered"?

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home