Wednesday, June 28, 2006

To laptop or not to laptop !

Saying for the Day: Some things are better not known or seen.

The other day I saw on the web pictures of an exploding laptop.
They were taken at some conference where the laptop was on the table in front of the delegate.

They were scary pictures.

I have a laptop and had never thought of the possibility that it would blow up.

But now that I think of it.

I have these terrible images.

I go to Green Bay and stay at an economy motel (cheap) that has no internet connection.

So Betty and I have breakfast at a restaurant with a connection .

I see myself sitting at the table blogging while I wait for my breakfast.

The waitress comes and has to hold up the food while I push the computer back out of the way.

That’s when I see it exploding.

The next thing I know I will have a pancake hanging over one eye and strips of bacon over the other. A beautiful egg is right in the middle of my shirt and everything is covered with syrup.

This image is so horrible that if I don’t blog on my next Green bay visit (July 3,4) you will know why. I was too terrified of the laptop.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– The little town in my back yard. Eino went to talk to Mayor South this morning to find out who suggested she search the Bishop’s house. She could only remember eight of the group that came that morning but she gave those names to Eino. I think he believes that Bree is right and it wasn’t the Bishop.
Bree spent another day walking up and down main street taking pictures.
No dead pigeons today.
The white rabbit had been popping up all over the place. A number of people coming in on the train have seen it. It always winks, waves, and hops away. You don’t forget a waving rabbit in a pink sweater.
The bikers that are visiting heard about next week’s celebration for private Fuller and have offered to help. They feel we need to treat our soldiers with respect and are upset that there may be a protest.
Mr. & Mrs. David Holnes are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary on Sunday at Last Lutheran Church. A large turnout is expected because they are always helping people and working in the church.
Tom Henderson who has been married 27 years said that at 50 years you have served your time and they should let you go free. I think he was just kidding. Though I did hear of a couple in the next town who announced at his 50th wedding party that he was getting divorced and he meant it.
Speaking of divorces Nancy says that when Robert Bispolla came home from work last Friday his wife asked what he though she had done that day. He said “ you got me that new grass cutter for my birthday. “No”, she said “ I started divorce proceedings”. Robert then is supposed to have said “ Does that mean I don’t get the grass cutter?” Of course this is just what Nancy says.
*****

I want to treat today's link a little different. It is a link to two people who are in love and he is dieing. For today do not put Dr. John in the comment. Just go, read , and leave the most supportive comment you can. Some times we should do things just because its a good thing to do. The link which comes to us from Chana is Butterflies .
The3 morning startet out weird. Everything was fine when I blogged early in the morning. But when I checked into the blog later all the pictures and the logo were gone. The web site that holds the pictures was down and stayed down for about an hour. Bree and I went back to the garage to work on the ticket booth for the layout. Betty went to Top's. Then the thunder and lightning came which Bree does not like. This was followed by heavy rain and the probable end to the afternoon swiming. I made rerservations for Green Bay on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.I am hoping to blog from there. Betty and Bree went for ice cream. I worked at adding a solar battery to the ticket office. Now Betty has gone to church. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Exploding laptop. Hmmm. I was reading about exploding basement floors yesterday. --- been a lot of rain here.

4:53 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Oh no I see that silly Rabbit again
It's after me! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
hELP!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i have a new laptop that Joe gave me for Christmas. too bad the little sucker overheats to the point i can't use it or burn myself. so exploding laptops are a reasonable concern to me...thanks for the heads up.
************
i'm glad that someone will tried to help avoid unecessary chaos over the soldiers.
glad to know the Bishop is looking innocent. Bree has the photography bug does she? a wonderful talent i think. i would love to see a rabbit in a pink sweater..if you read all those gossip/silly magazines in the check out line at the grocery you find that lots of people see all sorts of unusal things...lol..
i think it's admirable to be married for so long. it's a wonderful achievement and it should be celebrated.
******************
thank you for your kindness and care for Butterflies and James. prayers, love and some laughs are what i think any of us can offer them. you and Betty are a wonderful pair, thank you for how you dealt with this very much.
*************************
i thank you for your prayers and wises for my trip. i feel more secure knowing you and Betty are praying and wishing. i hope you have a wonderful day. enjoy your grandaughter and we will read you tomorrow.

5:13 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

I just got a visual picture of you with breakfast thrown all over you from the computer, although it sounds funny I hope that it doesn't happen.

Good Luck, I hope that your laptop doesn't explode that would just be horrible, just make sure that Betty blogs about it!!!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had a new screen put on my laptop (2 months out of warranty). $600 down the drain. Next time I'll get an extended warranty!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Wear a motorcycle helmet to protect you from the exploding laptop.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Umm, bacon!

I remember reading about an exploding/burning Mac notebook awhile back, too. They do get very hot and I'd never use mine on a tablecloth! Also, you can purchase a cooler that fits underneath your laptop and keeps it from overheating . . . and, consequently, exploding! That's one way to liven up a meeting!

2:44 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Thankyou so much Dr John.It is because of the love I feel from you and Betty and Chana and everyone else that visits and comments,that I am able to keep on with strength.I am so grateful..
Oh BTW..I hope my laptop doesnt blow up too!! EEkk

2:45 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I doubt that Tom Henderson was kidding.

I always thought I would like a laptop......you have changed my mind!

5:03 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Something else to worry about an exploding laptop.

6:34 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I really am very sorry to hear about your laptop. That's a terrible and scary thing to happen. Even I would be traumatized by the happening.
Thanks for visiting.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cower in the corner when it storms...my mom used to tell me as a little girl: "if you weren't so bad, you wouldn't have anything to worry about!"

guess it kinda stuck....

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exploding laptop ? I see myself covered in M&M's from head to toe ( better than spaghetti sauce ) Hmmm..... would be quite a mess.
I miss those afternoon thunderstorms you refer to. It is a rare thing to get those here. I would be thrilled ! Tina

9:26 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

With any luck, the laptop won't explode until AFTER you have finished your breakfast. If it does explode, be sure to leave a large tip.

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home