Monday, June 19, 2006

JC points -A week

Saying for the Day: It is a great thing to make somebody happy.

It has been a week since I introduced JC points.

Since their introduction they have taken off and flown like a lead airplane without a motor.

Thousand and thousands of bloggers have never heard of them. Yet alone used them.

But for the rest of us it was a fun week.

We got to visit new blogs. We made some bloggers feel good ( you always feel good when you get comments)

I enjoyed the week and got to read all the comments on all the blogs we visited. I should have started JC points earlier.

Now its time for our first drawing.

I am going to put all the names of all the people with JC points in a box. One name for each JC point as of midnight last night.
Betty will draw out two names. She is not eligible for obvious reasons.

The names drawn will get blog explosion credits. One credit for each JC point plus 25 more.

If the winners are not blog explosion members they will receive a prize of equal or lesser value ( although, off hand, I can’t think of anything worth less than blog explosion credits)

Winners will be announced tomorrow. Good luck. ( Betty doesn’t take bribes)

I am also open to suggestions for blogs to visit. The criteria I have been using is that it should be an interesting blog that seems to get few comments.( a position we were all in once)

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– the little town in my backyard-This was a red letter day in Pigeon Falls. Former Mayor South called a town meeting for 4:00 in the afternoon. When everybody arrived (about half the town) Eino and Nancy made an announcement. They had found in the Vanhala house a copy of the town constitution, a 1958 “Birdseed” with the constitution in it, and the original town Charter. Apparently the charter that hung in the town hall was a copy and long ago the original was stored at the Vanhala place. Nancy’s grand father had been a member of the council at that time.
Mayor South had gotten a ruling from the State Attorney’s office that said her resignation and that of the council members was invalid under the circumstances. So the town exists and has a town council. Wow!
I think the happiest people are the youth group from Last Lutheran Church. They don’t have to clean up the town any longer. Pastor Marvel is scheduling a thank you party for them at the end of the week. Since they did a better job than the old paid cleaner they will be missed.
No pigeons killed today , so that may be over.
Mayor South said she is having copies made of the constitution and having the town’s lawyer study it to answer the millage question.
We still don’t know what happened to the duplicate charter, or the missing “Birdseed” volume, or the copies of the constitution which should have been in the files. We may never know.
****

Todays JC point link -Neutrality- Please remeber to put the words Dr. John in your comment. Information on JC points and totals to date can be had by clicking here or on the JC point link on the side.Betty took Nila to Marquette again today to visit her daughter. The news has goten worse as the infection seems to be in her artifical knee. I cut out the names for the JC points drawing. I worked on ideas for the amusment park on the layout. When Betty came home we held the drawing but I won't announce the results until tomorrow. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

I doubt that the pigeon killings are over...just when we think they are...another one turns up.

Tell Betty I am coming this evening to take her out to dinner....not trying to bribe her understand...just being nice....lol

6:13 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

yes, there is something special about being able to share a little joy in this world. thankyou :)

ps. I agree, not sure the pigeons are safe yet.

7:08 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

I have enjoyed reading the other blogs that you have chosen to gain our JC points.

I am so glad that they found the constitution. That is awesome. Hopefully Pigeon Falls can get back on its feet

7:27 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

The useless JC points is a great way to get to know other bloggers. What will you think of next?

7:28 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

JC points have been a big success...it's been wonderful to meet new people and read their posts. I feel like we have been a team just going out into the blog world to bring joy with just a stop and hi..how nice is that...and you and Betty being the brains behind this project deserve a hug and a thank you.

if i win the contest i would like to donate the points to one of those blogs, which ever you choose, so that they may get a couple of extra hits please.
*****************
I knew Nancy would lead them to the papers...i wonder if she knew she had them all along...hmmmmm.
I'm glad that the pigeons death seem to have come to a halt. Maybe, hopefully the killings are done. And i honestly think that the youth group should make an ongoing project to keep clean the town. Excercise, charity, sense of community etc...Maybe a monthly once a day thing...
****************************
I hope you had a wonderful wknd. You must have for a long time to gather all of pigeon falls stories from before. I hope you are feeling well. Take care and read you tomorrow.

7:54 AM  
Blogger DarthImmortal said...

Hey Doc, thanks for the link. :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Did I miss that Pigeon Falls is the to little model town in your backyard? Speed reading has its drawbacks.

Thanks for the points.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm AWOL for a week and look what happens! I love your JC Points; your name is popping up all over the place. Very cool!

I haven't read today's Pigeon Falls entry, as I'm so far behind. I hope to catch up over the next couple of days. I'm looking forward to it!

I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day, Dr. John!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Dr. John, thamks for the link the other day. It is always fun to hear from new bloggers. Your JC points is a great idea. Thanks again,

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home