Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Turtle for Chana

Saying for the Day: Happy is the tutrtle that finds a good rock to bask on!

Betty and I were looking for figures to add to our outside layout when we came across this turtle. When we saw it we thought of Chana and the turtle at the top of her blog. So we decided to find a place for it. The first item we put on the layout because of our internet experience.
The turtle now suns itself (on those few days we see the sun) on a rock next to the lumber mill lake. This is pictured below. He adds a certain charm to the entire scene.

So we are glad that our blogging led us to add him. The turtle is not the only thing we have added because of blogging and we will picture some other things in a future post.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls- The little town in my backyard.- Eino thought they should search the Vanhala building which is a historic building in Pigeon Falls. The man who invented the sekf adjusting suspenders was born there. Nancy now owns the building as Emil Towner Vanhala was her great grandfather. So they went to Nancy for permission to go through the house. Nancy denied the permssion for a general search because she was afraid they might disturb or ruin some of the exhibts from her grandfather's life. She did promise, however, that she would personally go through the house and see if she could find the constitution. She is so busy running the coffee shop that I don't know when she will find the time.
A couple of tourists decided to try Jack's public Sauna. Now this is a real Sauna not one of those Holiday Inn make believes. It is fired up with wood, has rocks on top of the stove, and you throw on water to make steam. It's just like the community sauna's that every little town in the UP used to have. The tourists said it was fantastic and they might come back next year just for the Sauna.
The Kellors still haven't found anyone to take their dogs for a week. One of the farmers noted that those dogs are so big you couldn't get the three of them in his car. The Kellors have an extended van.
The white rabbit was seen again today and at two different places. He was seen at the station by a tourist getting off the milk train . But he was seen in the afternoon by Grandma Moris who said it looked really cute.
The Bishop's wife still hasn't shown up and the rumors abound. Nancy said that, next to Pigeon Falls possibly not existing as a chartered town, the Bishop is the largest single converstation starter.
The Chicago Hermit ( as he is now called) continues to not come out of his house. All his groceries are delivered and he waits for the boy to leave before bringing them in.
The commitee has decided to let Robert Kellomaki in the big father's day race. He will race in the over 80 pound class. The classes ( according to the wait of the carried) are 0 to 10 pounds, 10 to 29 pounds, 20 to 40 pounds, 40 to 80 pounds, and 80 and above.
*****

Todays JC points link is MustBeTuesday. Remember to put the words Dr. John in your comment. Check out your JC points on the JC update link on the side. Nice day today. Continued work on the new river for the layout (our third try). My grandson Alex has begun building the roller coaster for the layout. My grandson Elijah and Betty laid track under my supervision. The loop around the entire layout including all the trestles is now complete. we ran a train all the way around . What a blast. My grandson ran alongside it all the way. Ah the power of youth. I mustn't forget Caleb who helped Alex with the roller coaster. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

13 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Have noticed that people will stop on the roads here for a turtle. Pick it up and move it to the side of the road. Given the curviness of the roads in the area and the speed of the drivers, stopping a car on the road may be more dangerous to the driver than a turtle's attempt to cross the road.

Thanks for the points.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

I love turtles. We found one - a red eared slider, by the side of the road in Hawaii and he was a member of our family for 2 years until we moved back to the mainland. e still belongs to the family who adopted him from us.

It sounds like Pigeon Falls is in a world of trouble! Best to get someone to cover the coffee shop for Nancy so she can search for that document!!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Good news that they are going to let the guy carry his father in the race!!!

The turtle looks very content to sit there and bask in the sun...

you have a very nice set up there!!!!!! huggs

6:33 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh and i feel so wonderfully happy. Thank you Dr. John and Betty. You have made my month!!! There is something special about turtles for me. I don't know why, but i love them dearly since i was a tiny little girl. They are slow but strong and patient. Smart and full of stamina. There is a wonderful line that i love, "you never get any place worthwhile in life unless you stick your neck out"...Thank you so very much...and he looks so lovely on that rock! I love him!

I think Nancy is someone who might have something to gain by not finding the constitution...or why else would she denied access...I think she probably has been overlooked until now..
Maybe the Bishop is actually divorce or separated. That would explain why she is not around and why he might be embarrassed to admit so...

Thank you for all the new friends we are discovering through your links. There are some wonderful blogs out there and i'm glad for the opportunity.

Hope you have a wonderful day (i know i will, i'm all smiles-thank you) and read you tomorrow.

7:08 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

I enjoyed seeing pigeon falls :) and a very happy turtle.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That turtles going to be a giant in pigeon falls - like something Godzilla would fight! :D

8:01 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Nice turtle....Chana will be so pleased. Now, not to be picky but it is my job to do so, is the turtle in scale? Just wondering....

8:09 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

I love your yard!!! That is fabulous and the train tracks are so unique.

I have to go back and read a lot more about your Pigeon Falls updates. I have been meaning to do that but school over powers everything. So does my daughter. lol

1:37 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That turtle is cute. I like turtles but for one reason or another I never bought one for a pet.
Sorry about the pics. You can go back now, it's there. Let me know if it doesn't appear.
Thanks for dropping by and letting me know.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the White Rabbit is the Bubbster in disguise, and I think the Bishop's wife ran off with a male stripper, Dr. John.

7:34 PM  
Blogger plinna said...

I would get x-rays of that turtle to see if there are any pigeons in there.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

I love what you've done with your layout too! Glad you like it! By the way, I laughed too at Friday's Child's picture. Yes, unfortunately the picture on my blog was what it represents, but I have an update posted now!

12:40 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I'm sorry about your comment but I had to change my post today. A post that didn't require much photos. I think blogger was going mad again today.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home