Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Salute to Pastor Ken

Saying for the Day: 2 Timothy 4:6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

I don’t know many people who could with Saint Paul say these words but I do know one.

His name is Pastor Ken Merckx (to learn more about him click here) and he is an old friend.

Pastor Ken is dying of cancer and he is getting ready to go home.

He has indeed kept the faith.
He has spent a lifetime sharing Jesus with others in a wonderful loving manner.

I am glad that in my journey through life that God allowed me to meet and rejoice with Ken.

I kook forward to the day I will rejoice with him in heaven.

Thank you Lord for his ministry.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my backyard– Somehow NBC got wind of the problems of Pigeon Falls and did a little segment on the town that might not be. It was a good job that the Lutheran youth had cleaned up the town before the cameras arrived. You don’t want to scare the tourists away.
Mayor South or to be more exact former Mayor South went to the county seat during the week to see if there was some record there of the charter and constitution . There wasn’t. She then called Lansing and pointed out that the state doesn’t look to good in all of this since it was supposed to have a copy of both. She was assured that they are really trying to find the box that might have it in. Then she met with the former council members, since they all resigned the open meetings act didn’t apply and we don’t know what went on at that meeting.
The big father’s day race is still scheduled for next Saturday. This is the race where the father has to run carrying his child. The distance is only the length of the main street. The kids really love this race except for Billy Ketola who says his father is so clumsy he will probably fall down and break something on both of them.
Nancy says there is a feeling that the pigeon killer was someone whose car was getting pelted by the pigeons. People really love their cars even though we have the worst roads in the country.
Just when you thought things can’t get worse they do. The state is now saying that if Pigeon Falls doesn’t have a charter then we have to return the grant money we got to help pay for the street repair since the money can only go to chartered towns. That money was long ago spent.
****

Well this was one of those days. We tried to fix the waterfalls on the layout and failed. Then the television which is very old died. Well it didn't die in full . It just won't recognize the remote or any remote any more. It just says trying to locate remote. So we took the grandkids and went to Iron Mountain. They were very well behaved. We went to the dolalr store and they bought junk and we bought stuff for the layout. Then we went to Wal Mart. Betty wanted one of those new flat screen (thin) things. We had to choose between a number of them and we picked not on price but on the one with handles on the box so Betty and Alex could carry it in. (weird way to pick a tv set). Well I really need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

4 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

good morning. what a loving tribute to your friend. Pastor Ken Merckx sounds like a wonderful keeper of the Faith just like you sir. I'm too glad that you both found a bonding friendship that lasted through the years. May his journey to God be peaceful. I hope that he is not suffering. May God Bless Him and all his family and friends.

I wonder what the segment from NBC will do to the towns problems..as it was nationally showcased, mabye now resolutions will come faster...one can only hope..i hope this towns problems don't trigger chaos in other small towns...can you imagine if they all went looking for those papers and found that they too had none? end of times, chaos, scary!
i sure hope all that $$$ doesn't need to go back, what are they going to do, sue the town folk? or rip the roads? yikes...

***************************
what a wonderful comment you left for me! i was so touched, thank you from the bottom of my heart. your prayers are so welcomed and already they made me feel so much more secure and protected. thank you, thank you.
as of this picture of a turtle for the layout, i'm so curious! you don't have to really hold off Dr. John, i don't leave until the 30 of June...i can't wait..i'm sure it just looks so wonderful...thank you in advance...

i know i have said it before but i want to say it again..i felt right at home with you since the first day and i want to thank you for that. in meeting you and your lovely family i have felt closer to my own, specially my grandmother...God Bless you and yours for what joy and teachings you have bought to my life. i want you to know how special you and Betty's and Pennie's and Lori's blogs are...you give us a sense of family and love, of Faith and courage...many thanks.

hope you are well and read you tomorrow..sorry for the mushy stuff

9:07 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That was a nice passage. I also know one. My sister-in-law who has been given 3 months to live. She refused chemotherapy and blood transfusion for her leukemia. She has accepted her fate and has given herself up to the Lord. She is just now waiting for the time. Her waiting is with pain and she is suffering from her illness.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Nice tribute to Pastor Ken...NBC should do a story on him before they head to Pigeon Falls.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I am so sorry about your friend Pastor Ken.I hope he is not suffering. You know I take care of people who are terminally ill..or elderly. When they go it is usually very peaceful for them. I am always amazed because at first some of them are so afraid...but, by the time they are ready to go,its like they have accepted that they are going to a better place. I am always happy when one of them says they see someone from their past such as their Mother or someone very close to them b/c I feel as if they are going home with Jesus and will be with their families and loved ones.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home