Saturday, June 10, 2006

Great Grandmother

Saying for the Day: Everybody should have a great grandmother.

This is a picture of my great grandmother. The one whose husband died in the mine. She is shown here a couple of years before she died.
The family had a big reunion and she is shown in the first picture with her great grandchildren. I am in the picture.
The second picture shows her with her six surviving sons.
You can click on the picture to see a larger version.
All I remember of that day as that it was a lot of fun to be with all of my cousins.

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls- The little town in my backyard-Pastor Marvel called a special meeting of the Last Lutheran Youth Group last night. He asked them to volunteer to clean up the town until the crisis ends. They were more than willing and this morning they went to work scrubbing things down including the pigeon statue. During the week they will work in teams of four with a different team each day. So the town is now spic and span and tourist ready.
Another day without a dead pigeon. Although some of the youth group , after cleaning up all that pigeon poop, suggested that things would be a lot cleaner if somebody took a machine gun to the whole lot.
The white rabbit was seen this morning by a tourist coming in on the milk train. It did its usual wink and wave routine. It is of course just a coincidence but the sales of little ceramic white rabbits increase at Wink’s Woods with each sighting. Wink’s says they have nothing to do with the rabbit itself but they don’t mind it generating a little income. To be fair to Wink’s sales of “ I saw the White Rabbit” sweaters are also up over at Kivi & Maki’s all purpose store.
The Kumkowski’s have decided not to break up after all. He has promised to be good and Ellen says she is too old to chase after another guy. Nancy said the ladies are sure it will just be a little while and he will be at it again.
*****

We really put some time into the layout this morning. We have laid track all the way across the trestles to the far end and run a train on it. My grandsons were a great help. The new creek bed did not work as it doesn't fit quite right on the end so it leaks. We will have to work on a fix for that. We are going to see the movie Cars this afternoon. The movie was great and the grandkids really enjoyed it. I visited all the links and left comments on all the new entries. I learn so much from other people's blogs. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

There is something so beautiful in seeing old pictures. Thank you again for sharing yours. Are you the little boy in the back row? I have this thing for great-grandmothers. They are the best. So i surely second your saying for the day.

She had a large family. How wonderful a gift that is. I love all pictures.

I'm glad the pigeon killings have stopped. I'm glad that the whole town is coming together in this time of need and helping out. Money is to be made where ever it can, so i see no problem with 'rabbit' profit.
As for Ellen, well, poor lady..i think she is just making a huge mistake...he can promise all he wants, he is still no good..

Hope you had a good night. And just before i go, will you tell me about your time in Nicaragua please? Take care and enjoy your wknd.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I've been to your blog once before and forgot to bookmark it, today I found a link to you on Show Them Through Me- I was so glad to find my way back! Your blog is fascinating and I made sure to bookmark it this time.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

I remember when kids wore suspenders. Actually, I think I was one of them.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this my favorite on your entries ... what marvelous pictures!

P.S. I JUST LEFT A COMMENT NOW ON YOUR PREVIOUS ENTRY.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

what a great picture! it reminds me of some of my family pictures. I remember when my cousins used to all come in and we had so much fun...those truly were the days!

I dont think Ellen should trust him again...I think she should get him to sign over all property, assets and bank accounts to her...lol. Ya gotta use your noggin with a guy like that!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Penelda said...

Hello,

Youth groups come in handy.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Looney Mom™ said...

Wonderful pics...

Pigeon poo... lovely.

Can I come to see Cars with you? That seems like such a cute movie. Have fun!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I showed your granddughter the pictures but she wanted to see the one with you on the horse. Luke came in and said, "Hey, why am I on the horse?" I said it was Grandpa and he said, "Noooooo, that is not grandpa" and I said it was Grandpa when he was a kid. Breanna likes the dog. I like the horse picture too, it looks like it was taken for a movie poster or some kind of print ad.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

If I had to guess, I would say you were the boy who was standing in the back with all the girls, not the one standing apart from the group.

I am enjoying your story about Pigeon Falls.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home