Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ride em cowboy

Saying for the Day: All ponies are not friendly or even fun.

Another picture from my childhood. This is me on the meanest pony this side of Texas. I was so scared when this picture was taken. My dad liked the picture so much he had it hand colored. You might think I was lucky to have a pony but I saw it as a curse. The dang thing even dumped me in the creek. Ah the memories of childhood.
That's my dad's dog Pard in the background.









@@@@
The Bishop was in church at Last Lutheran this morning without a wife. Pastor Marvel had a great sermon on the God who loves us all the time not just at our best. Some of the ladies went right to Nancy’s from church and the gossip on the Bishop and his wife started new. That wife better show up pretty soon.
The Pigeon Falls hermit is still hiding away. He hasn’t come to town once. He hasn’t entered a single Pigeon Falls store. The only thing connecting him to the world is his telephone. The story in town is that he is in witness protection . He is supposed to be hiding from the mob.
The White Rabbit showed up this afternoon and was seen by Joe who services the steam locomotives. He was shoveling coal when he saw the rabbit just down the tracks. It waved, winked, and hoped away. He said it was huge but it didn’t look dangerous. In fact in that pink sweater it looked kind of cute.
There has been so much secrecy with the town council that Nancy says people are talking about invoking the open meetings act. Of course , first, they have to prove there was a meeting . That may not be easy. This is a small town and people often get together for coffee . If no business is conducted is that a meeting ? If it keeps going the lawyers will have to sort it out.
*****

Went and saw my grandaughter take her first Communion today. It seemed like only yesterday I baptized her. Had a good ride home. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted to ride a pony/horse...but was told that they can sense your fear...something about those big eyes that scare me to death!

That must be something to baptise your grandchild...

12:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations to your grandaughter on her first communion!

Goodness, I would have had you off that pony so fast! Fathers are insane!!! When I was a teenager, my favorite ride (Ghost - a stocky albino horse with amazing pink eyes!) took off at a full gallop and wouldn't pull up no matter what I tried. He stopped at the creek, but, thankfully, didn't dump me in! Believe me, he got a stern talking to!

As for the Bishop's wife -- did he happen to bring any VERY LARGE luggage into town? Hm . . .

1:31 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I never roda a pony but I know that a horse can be pretty conniving. :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I thought it was cool she got to take first communion with her grandparents.

5:14 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

That is awesome about your grandaughters communion. It is wonderful that you got to share it with her.

My husband is afraid of horses, I do not know why, I on the other hand do not mind them at all.

Are we even sure that the bishop is married or did I miss that? Maybe he is in hiding too, like the hermit. I think that all of the women should get together and take the hermit and the bishop a welcome basket of goodies. Show them a Pigeon Falls Welcome. As for the pigeons, I am glad to hear that there were no deaths today. It is really getting scary. Someone has got to get to the bottom of it and quick

6:35 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I can see it. Your pony seems he doesn't want to be ridden. What courage you had.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IN A PAST LIFE, I HAD MANY HORSES; I KNOW THAT PONIES CAN BE SO TREACHEROUS Much applause for hanging on there. My kids used to take ponies from the auction, work the kinks out of the nasty creatures, & sell them for a profit. Ponies will certainly take advantage of you if they can.

I rather identify with the hermit in Pigeon Falls. It is so lovely out on my 40 ... where I am sure God takes a rest.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

What a joy fill posts. Happy First Communion to your grandaughter. Congratulations to all of you. What a Blessing...time flies i agree. It must have been so touching for you to witness your sweet girl come to God after you led her to Him first...

I absolutely love your pictures...You should hear my Ahhhs! You were such a cutie! I can see how your dad like that picture so much. You can't read fear in your face. You seem like such brave cowboy. Love your doggy, he is cute.

The rabbit is now wearing pink sweaters? i must have missed something..i guess it's a girl bunny or gay i guess, lol.. Every town has an accentric person, i guess the hermit is theirs. Maybe it's better that he stays insides if he is antisocial..

Again, great joyfull posts..

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand why your Dad loved the picture. I can also understand why you would be scared to death when it was taken ! Glad to know that you survived your pony. Tina

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home