Saturday, June 03, 2006

Never Together

Saying for the day: Nothing good can be accomplished without practice.

From time to time I’ll just dip into the family album and post a picture or two. This is me with my accordion . My mother made me take lessons as she thought they would be good for me ( They weren’t)
My problem was that the accordion has buttons on one hand and keys on the other. The hands have to play together. I never could master that. One hand was always out of synch with the other. By the time I gave up I could play three songs.( On Top of Old Smokey, Mocking Bird Hill, and a Finnish Number.)

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– Mayor South returned home on the milk train this morning. Somebody saw her at the station. City Hall is closed for the day. Nobody has seen the other four council members all day. Nancy thinks that something important is going on. People are sure it has something to do with the millage. If it was illegal how will they pay for the street? You can’t go back and unfinish it. The city has no resources to use to pay for it. It could be a crisis .
Nancy says that the Kumkowski’s are breaking up. They went to counseling with Father Pete but he doesn’t seem to have been able to salvage the marriage. This is the third time that marriage seems to be coming to an end. Nancy says that Ellen found out he was having another affair . This after he promised her , last time, that he would never do anything like that again. Even worse the lady with which he was having the affair was from Dirty River ( Sin city). Ellen says this is it. She just can’t forgive him again.
Another dead pigeon shot with a bb gun. Some of the old timers are sure that this means the end for Pigeon Falls. Some others think it just means less pigeon poop. Maybe its time to send for Pete , the Green Bay detective.
Mrs. Trumble is offering a $50 reward to anybody who catches that white rabbit, dead or alive. She really hates that bunny.
*****

Blogging a bit late today as I had to wait until I got to Pete's house so I could borrow his computer. Took the grndkids to the motel so they could use the pool. We were the only one's there in the afternon so it was like having a pool of 0ur own. They had a great time. Then my son,my grandson, and I went to New Hobie and bought two cars for the outdoor layout. My wife, daughter, and grandaughter went shopping on their own. It was a great day for everybody. Well I need either a breathing tteatment or a canasta game.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accordions always looked like extremely complicated instruments to me.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

my brother used to play the piano and he had to prectice every day for an hour....it seemed to me that all he ever played was casey would waltz with the strawberry blonde and the banddd played onnnn. Now I hate that song! lol...oh and he was pretty good at chopsticks too. ;))

Poor Ellen....imagine someone actually believeing a cheating husband when he says he will never do it again!!! lol...and Ellen I have this real nice swampland I wanta sell you in Florida!!!

You and Betty have a great weekend Dr John.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I could not wait for you to get here to borrrow Pete's computer so I could see what you were going to say! I kept looking at the clock....

Lori

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On top of Old Smokey!! Thanks, now I will be hummin that song all evening...lol!

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting hooked on the saga of Pigeon Falls

Your history tidbits are often so intriguing; like digging in an old family chest with you.

4:36 PM  
Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

My daughter is a competitive Irish dancer which means that we often have to hear accordians for up to 6 hours of competition....I don't suppose the judges would place her very high if her mother was wearing a shirt that said, "Death to all accordian players"?! :-)

7:11 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

My pop pop bought me an accordian when I was 5 I never learned to play, I just hauled it all over the neighborhood in my wagon and pretended to know what I was doing. I went on to the guitar, for a short time but never learned anything more than Walk the Line, but I mastered the Clarinet, I played for 6 years in school.

Poor Ellen, she should not have given him a second chance in the first place, once a cheater, always a cheater!!! Something has got to be done about those pigeons. Maybe if you call in Det. Pete. He can find out the reason for the killings and what is going on over at city hall!!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Breathing or canasta??? How on earth did you choose???

Glad you had a fun visit with the family!

The moral of today's Pigeon Falls entry: NEVER let your husband go to Sin City!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I can manage anything like you said that requires the hands to work together...My right hand never knows what my left is doing..

I love your picture..I love your posting pictures again. You were quite a cutie. Sweet, angel looking too!

You are lucky to have learned 3 songs...I don't know how to play one on anything... You were a good, obedient son to take the lessons even when you hated them.

So glad that you guys get to spend time and share laughs with the grandkids. That relationship is a most important one.

Did you win at Canasta or your grandaughter beat you again?

I'm behind Ellen for having enough. I think he is a jerk. She shouldn't have stayed after the first affairs...Cheaters are always cheaters..

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site...
free bingo for cash Does provigil help with vicodin withdrawl bipolar and provigil Reli on blood pressure monitor Provigil seizures provigil addiction Increased libido provigil Arizona real estate listing for queen creek iowa free trial dial up internet service Sauna spezialholz Sweet beginnings furniture baby provigil and forum buy xanax online quality personalized stationery Provigil on line Provigil treatment 5c 22side effects 5c 22 search engine optimization company aguascalientes

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home