Monday, May 29, 2006

Comment !Please!!

Saying for the Day: Choosing to not leave a comment on a blog is like refusing to give a thirsty man a glass of water.

Bloggers need comments. Bloggers thirst for comments.

They will do anything for comments.

They run contests.

They get tattoos and post pictures of the process..

They die their hair purple. (Or threaten to)

They pour out their souls.

They tell things about themselves they never told before.

Some even lie.

Just to get a comment.

I stand above all that. I won’t do those things for a comment.

Instead I will grovel, beg, plead. Give me a comment. I am on my knees begging (I may never be able to get up).

I want, I need, I have to have a comment. Please! Please!

@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls– Memorial day is an important day in Pigeon Falls.
As usual there was a procession from the pigeon statue out to the cemetery .
The CCHS (County Consolidated High School) band lead the procession, followed by the veterans ( Even one from World War II), then boy scouts and girl scouts, and finally anybody who wanted to walk along.
This year the procession was added too by several bikers who came to honor the veterans. It gave you goose bumps.
At the cemetery the prayers were done by Retired Bishop Thadeus Westemen (first time we had a bishop). In general people thought he was not as good as Pastor Marvel but a little better than Father Pete. (And you thought that it was the prayer that was important).
The band played three numbers and two members collapsed while they were standing waiting for the next time to play. ( It was 90 degrees) .
A big shot from the Veteran’s Hospital gave a speech about what we owe our veterans which was very well received.
Then they closed by placing wreaths on the memorials in honor of the veterans of each war since World War 1. After that people went and visited the graves of their loved ones.
Tommy’s sister Lois and some other seniors had a combined graduation party out at the Pigeon Falls Park. It was held in the Liar’s Club building. ( She couldn’t hold it at home since she lives above a funeral parlor and there was a body being shown.) Right in the middle of the party the white rabbit was seen across the lake. Lois ( a track star) took off after it. She came back looking kind of weird and said she couldn’t catch it.
Memorial day is also the start of the flower planting season in Pigeon Falls. People figure that there will be no more frost (they have been wrong) and so feel safe to put the flowers out. Mrs. Marvel has a great garden every year but this year she is going all out. Pastor Marvel was complaining to his secretary , Elaine, that his wife is buying high priced sterile, nutrient enriched soil for the garden. He said that good old dirts was good enough for his mother and her mother before her. Pastor Marvel said that if she keeps buying soil they will end up dirt poor. Elaine did not laugh.
One last bit of Pigeon Falls news. They found another dead pigeon. This one was hit with a rock. Its a good job the guy from Chicago hasn't shown up yet or they'd blame him. Last year at this time evrything was being blamed on the Bubbster who never did show up.
*****

Tomorrow I go to the archive box and start a series on my journey from atheist to pastor. A picture of the pigeon statue can be seen at Pete's Blog-Linna's Minute just ignore the text. Betty and I got the layout up to the place it was last fall. Everything is now out and we are ready to start on the next section. Betty planted more flowers. My sister called and said it was 99 degrees at her camp today. Pat called and wants to change the days the boys are coming. He said June 13 but we don't think that can be right. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dr. John! I know what you mean about leaving comments. lol! I love comments (except those left by someone who shall not be named). I just delete those.

On the other hand...thank you for always leaving a comment at my spot...

have a great day!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Let's it not go unmentioned (is that even a word?) that you are the King of Comments. You deserve millions of comments as you are so wonderful with spreading joy around the blog world. They are always kind with a wonderful thouch of funny or thought provoking.

I actually checked out the pigeon statue and was pleased to see that Pete inherited some of the witt and mischief attitude that you have...I loved your and Betty's comments too...

Thank you for the compliments of the pics..For real, i don't know or care to learn what all those buttons in my camera are for...I once took a pic and immediately showed it to Joe and he told me to use this one setting...You wouldn't believe how beautiful the pic then turn out...But i just as quickly forgot all about the setting...and so my pics could always be way better...You however are most generous with your compliment. Thank you. HOpe you had a good long wknd and are feeling well...Read you tomorrow...

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, this is starting to sound like Peyton Place now, Doc.

'The Liars' Club'? That's defintely soapy!

7:06 AM  
Blogger plinna said...

Okay fine if you want it, you can have it. Just wait for it. It's almost here. Don't blink you might miss it. Here it is. My comment is have a special Memorial Day.

You now can get up off of your knees.

Pete

8:20 AM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

Hi Dr. John! You'll never have to beg and plead for me to leave you a comment. Thank you and Betty (I guess I should go leave her a comment too!) for being generous with yours!

You were an atheist? I can't wait to read the story!

The pigeon looks more like a dove to me, but that could be because it's white and I'm not very good at identifying birds!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

From the goodness of my teeny, tiny heart, and to get you off your knees in short order, I'm commenting. Only, my comment is actually a series of questions: What the heck happened to Lois when she ran after the white rabbit? Why did she come back "looking weird"? Does she usually look weird? Doesn't Elaine have a sense of humor? That "dirt poor" crack was funny! Dead pigeon??? Something wicked this way comes . .

What?

You didn't say you wanted a short comment!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Ok, Ok, I will leave you not one, but two comments.

Comment 1 is you may have boring people like myself commenting

Comment 2 is I look forward to tomorrows blog and leaving a comment.

10:13 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

Thought I'd leave a comment on this blog (you have WJS to blame for the link), or rather a quote from my Uncle
Jesse,
"Today, I been mostly eating taramuslarter"

11:06 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

ok. I would feel guilty for not leaving a comment...Dropped in via Garys Blog. Going to check out your past entries. :)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Ohh Doctor John ~ you know I will always leave you a comment! You and Mimi are the first 2 people I met in Blogland. So you are both very special to me. Hope you and Betty had a great Memorial Day!!!

3:16 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

It is nice to read positive comments..it makes my day when someone cheers me up.
I hope you havent hurt your knees:)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

You will grovel but you won't get a tattoo and blog the process... A shame, really!
Peace,
Chris

1:45 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Hi Dr. John, you have a fun fun blog! Was the white rabbit a giant rabbit or just a really fast one? LOL now I'm curious about all the strange goings on over here. Thanks W.J. for the link here so I could add more comments. :)

1:51 AM  
Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

true religion jeans
nike outlet
louboutin femme
cheap ugg boots
kate spade outlet
canada goose outlet
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton
cheap tory burch handbags
2016.12.8xukaimin

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home