Saturday, May 20, 2006

Don't let the bad guys win.

Saying for the day: Don't let the bad guys win.

I am a bit upset.
The museum turned down my offer to give them everything they needed to put in a garden railroad. I offered to buy track, train, transformer and remote control, all new.
I even offered one building to get them started. The offer came to a little over $500.00.

What disturbs me is not that they turned me down.
I can always use the $500.
But the reason they turned me down.

They were afraid that they couldn’t watch it closely enough and somebody would steal it or vandalize it.

This fear caused them to give up something that could have added greatly to the appeal of the museum.
The problem is there may really be some people or a person who delights in stealing or vandalizing public property. We live in that kind of world.

But if we give in to them and don’t do things because they might be there.

They win.

We all lose.
We become prisoners of fear.
The bad guys set the agenda .

I don’t want to live in that kind of world.
I want to live free and take the risks that go with being free.
I am sorry they couldn’t be brave enough to do that.


@@@@
News from Pigeon Falls: Since very shortly the day to day life of Pigeon Falls will fill this space I want to introduce you to some of the people who live and work there.
Nancy Vanhala-runs a little coffee shop "Coffee with Nancy". You can get a cup of coffee or tea along with a genuine saffron bun or piece of pie. Of course you can also get information on everything that's going on in Pigeon Falls.
Angela South- The Mayor (unpaid) -Threatening to quit or at least not to run again.
Toivo and Eino Jupola- Run the used car place and are the power centers of Pigeon Falls.
Pastor Marvel- Pastor of Last Lutheran Church- Has a reputation for really wild sermons including one where he dressed as Captain Marvel from the comic strip.
Tommy- The undertaker's kid. He is responsible for a good part of the mischief in Pigeon Falls.
Jon Bergall- Local farmer- Great story teller- He always places high in the annual Liar's Club Contest.
The White Rabbit- may or may not exist but has been seen by a good number of people. Supposed to be over two feet tall and wears a pink sweater and purple pants.
Tomorrow we will introduce a few more.
*****
Well we ran the first outside trains today. The good news is that the transformers, remote control, and wiring all wintered well. The bad news is that some sections of track are dead. We don't know why and it will be a slow process to fix the problem. We began designing the new used acr building.

6 Comments:

Blogger kristi said...

It is a shame that people have to vandalise things. My sons school just got a whole new playground after someone set fire to the old one last school year. That is just plain horrible. I love watching trains and I think that they are going to miss out on something great now. Maybe you can find somewhere else to display your work.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I can confirm the white rabbit was seen and was actually a part of my marriage propasal.


Sorry the museum turned you down.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Wow, the museum is missing out....and what a shame. What in the world has this world come to where so many people want to destroy everything.
Im still waiting for you to sing that song ....;))

12:04 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Sorry to hear that. I wish the museam had risked it.
Peace,
Chris

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHERE THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY!

I was taught that there is no such word as "CAN'T!

Let's all think really hard & come up with a solution. How can we work around the vandalism issue?

VANDALISM is a fact of life.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh i'm sorry about their lack of bravery too...You are very right about not letting them win...i feel the exact same way too...

I hope the museum has a change of heart...Can we right in and ask them to reconsider? I'm sure all of your friends would love to help...Just tell us what to do...Maybe call in to the museum?

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home