Monday, May 15, 2006

The Big Loser's Party

Saying for the Day: Its not if you win or lose that counts but winning is better.

Welcome to Old Hapless's losers party.

10,000 spins without a prize.
What an accomplishment in the history of losing.

Thank you to IWON.com that made this day possible with your truly stingy wheel.

Certainly a day worth celebrating.

Here we will have pop and a losers cake. Champagne for our friends.

But we don't want to exclude our blog friends so we have set up two chances for you to join us in losing.

There are four slot machines above, numbered 1 to 4. Pick the right machine and leave the number in the comments and you win 50 blog explosion credits or a bag of jelly beans (your choice).( One entry per blogger)

And if that wasn't special enough guess my birthday (Its in May somewhere between the 10th and the 25th) for 100 blog credits or a two bags of jelly beans (Your choice). (Relatives of Dr. John, his Bishop, and members of United are disqualified)
Relatives of Dr. John and others can answer this question. What was the birth date of Dr. John's brother Robert? (Between Feb 1 and Feb 18 )Same prizes.

No prizes will be awarded beyond the number that will be awarded when that number is determined. In case that number is reached prizes will be awarded based on order of comments received with correct answers. Incorrect answers will not be counted.( Because this is a losers party prizes may be awarded in reverse order or for no good reason at all).

Every effort will be made to be as unfair as possible. All will be treated with equal unfairness (That's fair)
Fine print-all contests require unreadable fine print.Here it is.

Contest subject to the regulation and stupid laws of the State of Michigan, The Federal Government, and any other fascist state that wants to interfere in the daily life of the poor citizens of this country.( winnings may be taxed at their full value, Which isn't much)

Enjoy the party.
****

It was a perfect day for the loser's party. It was dreary and misty all day. Other than the party and Betty building a fire station for the outside layout little else took place. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger kristi said...

AWWW 10,000 spins and nothing, you have my kind of luck Dr. John.

I am going to pick machine #3

Any your birthday??? Is it May 21?

Have a great Day!!!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL! Maybe I'll win the lottery tomorrow. Right, when pigs fly.

Happy Birthday, when ever!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

This is fun...let's see, i choose #4 and will guess that your bday is the 24th of May. And of course jelly beans but you and Betty have to eat them with the grandkids...

i love the fine print...you did a good job...

Hope you are well...read you tomorrow.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

um....UN-Congratulations? Since you didn't win...I wasn't sure what to say ;)

And I guess your birthday is May 18th, and your Brother's is February 18th...(hey MY brother's is Feb 18th, which is why I picked it..hehe)

hope your day goes swimmingly!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I pick slot machine #3...and Im guessing your birthday to be the 19th of May. And even if I dont win I always enjoy a good party! ( now...do I get a prize?)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Since I am not eligible for the contest I will leave a comment only because it is leave a comment Monday.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Dr. John!

Congratulation on being a total loser! You certainly don't do things by halves. Your dedication to "the spin" is admirable -- I gave up 'IWon' after about two months. Guess that makes me a total quitter!

My guesses:

Slot machine: #4
Birthday: May 24

Enjoy your celebration!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

I'm laughing so hard I forgot the questions! That's the best prize anybody could have given me so I feel like a winner already. It's a losers party...how funny is it that I walk in and win a prize so grand!

Okay...here's my answers:
#1 & May 17th

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (in case I've missed it or will miss it...just covering my bases ;)

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 and May 16th.

Keep on spinnin', Doc.

12:25 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I would chose slot machine no. 4

6:30 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

I pick four and May 16. Happy Birthday.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home