A quick course on miracles!
Saying for the Day: One man's miracle is another man's coincidence.
Tuesday I am going to start a set on three miracles in my life. Three times that God touched my life in a real , unexpected , way. So today I thought I’d offer a short course in miracles as I see them.
1. Miracles prove nothing. They do not prove God exists. They didn’t prove anything when Jesus did them. Those that didn’t want to believe went right on not believing. They still do. They had eyes to see but did not see.
2. Miracles don’t create faith. Faith itself is a miracle. It is a gift from God. But somebody else’s miracle won’t create faith in an unbeliever. I wish it would but it doesn’t. As my grandfather used to say “If they don’t want to believe then they don’t want to believe. You can’t make them.
3. Miracles require faith to be seen. You have to know God to see his hand working in your life.
4. Miracles can deepen the faith of a believer in whose life they happen. When you know God has acted in your life in a special way you draw closer to Him.
5. Miracles can deepen the faith of believers not directly involved in the miracle. Seeing God acting in the life of somebody you know causes you to grow. Sometimes even hearing about God’s action causes growth.
6. In special cases God can use a miracle to create faith. In other words God can choose to use a miracle to produce faith.
7. Atheists can explain away all miracles and feel smug and superior in the doing. They can not, however, change the mind of the person to whom they happened. They know a miracle when they have one.
With that as a background let me say therefore I am not sharing my miracles to convert anybody. I am sharing them because they are and were a wonderful part of my life caused by a wonderful God. I want you to be able to rejoice with me.
One other thing these are not your run of the mill miracles. ( My wife hates that term)
9600 spins without a prize. Yesterday on one of the online lotteries that he plays Old Hapless got four numbers out of seven. That's the best he has ever done. It didn't win him anything but he only needed to match 3 more numbers and he would have had $2 million. He could be getting closer. One the other hand that may be the best he'll ever do. He'll keep trying.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if Pigeon Falls doesn't suddenly appear out of the mist causing this part of the blog to change over night. We will be back tomorrow with "As the World Spins"
If you want to see some good Cinco De Mayo pictures my newest link "Laughable Old Fool' has some great ones on his blog. Well the Pigeon Falls main street is now painted . All we need to add are some parking lines and a handicapped parking place. I also made a card for my son's birthday but even if we mail it tomorrow it won't get to Madison on time. Betty has finished another building for Pigeon Falls. Well I need a breathing treatment.