Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My one true love !!

Saying for the day: Every once in a great while a man gets to marry and live with his one true love and they live happily ever after.

We reach again into the artifact box and we find a paper cup that hasn’t been there very long.

There comes that point in every soap opera when the secrets are revealed and the tuth long hidden comes out.

Well today is that day and I am going to tell you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

In my entire life I have been in love, really in love, with only one women. She alone causes the heavens to open, the lightning to flash, the birds to sing, the bells to play and the earth to open and swallow us up.

God sent her to me because He knew I'd never make it as a pastor without her. She lifted me when I was down, reminded me of the task God had given me, helped to teach me about spirituality, and loved me no matter what.

I met her first at an Inter Varsity meeting. I kept a napkin from that event. We were so much in love. But she went to France and dumped me. I was heartbroken. I hated her because every girl I met after that couldn’t compare to her. She was my one true eternal love.

She came back from France. Got her teaching degree. She taught for a year. She came back to Northern to get credits for her teaching certificate. I came back to finish a master’s degree. I saw her at registration. I took her for a ride and Kathryn Elizabeth Mallmann ( napkin girl) accepted my proposal. I married the only girl I ever loved or could love. How great is that.

After we were married I called her sweetheart ,dove, and sometimes hey you( she made me put that in). The kids came and she was called mom. Then the grandkids and she was Gram. But most of the time I and everyone else called her Betty. Betty , the one true love of my life. My angel . My gift from God.

Oh! Your wondering about the cup.

The other night she brought my meds and a glass of water to take them with. She sat down on the bed and I put my arm around her. The heavens opened. The lightning flashed. The birds sang the most beautiful song. The bells chimed better than ever. The earth opened and swallowed us up.

So I saved the cup. Betty (the one girl I ever loved) says throw it away because its going to get even better .

You know she’s probably right.

@@@
9350 spins without a win.Mrs Hapless picked the right number in last night's "Deal or No Deal" biewers game. Of course she didn't win but she did have the right number. Old Hapless on the other hand picked the wrong number so he wasn't even in the running.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if Old Hapless doesn't find some way to win at something and thus cause volcanoes all over the world to suddenly errupt. We will ne nack tomorrow with another chapter of " As the World Spins".
***
I want to say thanks to my daughter and daughter-in-law who, though they were sorely tempted, did not reveal my secrets on their blogs. Next week on Tuesday we begin looking at three miracles in my life. New pictures of Crystal Falls today on Upper Peninsula and Beyond. they include a historic picture of the falls. Betty started the day with the wrong pill so we had to eat breakfast late. We did get the last four feet of street glued and nailed together and painted. If it is nice tomorrow we will pour the cement. She called the head of Top's and told her she was quitting as weight recorder. Betty worked on another building for the outside layout. I went to the basement ( a major accomplishment) and inventoried the wood for the next trestles. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

Oh, that is so romantic!! You and Betty are so dang lucky to have a lasting love! I can only hope to aspire to have a marriage that lasts as long as you and Betty have. I think I may have it too. YAY!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

What? Betty is Katherine....that was your secret? I thought your secret was somethng else? OK, just kidding...it was fun being one of only a few people who really knew the secret.

Betty is always right.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I knew it!!! I think. No, i knew it, i remember something said in my old comments that i was hoping that it was her middle name or something. You are such a romantic! Oh i love happy endings! I i love sappy, wonderfully happy, romantic endings!!! (my girls ran in the room asking what? what? apparently i screamed it out, lol). I love that it was Betty all along. I love that she is your ONE true love. How much better can any romance get? I'm so happy for both. You Dr. John are a true romantic. I love how you have written about your wife and showed her and all of us, that public admiration goes along way. Congratulations to you both!!!

What a wonderful expample you are to your kids about life lasting love, bows and commitment...i'm happy...thank you as you have put such a smile on my face!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good fer you, Guv'nor.

I had a feeling that might be the case, knowing your style a bit by now.

Congratulations, mate. Give my regards to your missus!

7:50 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

I thought that was her!!! But I just couldn't get Betty out of Katherine. You are so lucky, to have found the love of your life and the same for her. Its not often that we get it right on the first try! Now how are you going to top this story next Tuesday??

7:51 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

You and Betty are so blessed! I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to be so much in love...great story! You are blessed with a lovely wife and a great family....it dont get much better than that!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great story. How wonderfull to find that one true love. How great to have the love returned and even more amazing keeping it gong for so long.

I wish you some kind of good sentiment, but I don’t have the time or inclination to get into it

Patrick

6:46 PM  
Blogger Penelda said...

I am glad that the secret is out. You know how hard it is for me to keep secrets. Remember Bobo and the couch.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home