Monday, April 24, 2006

Stop by and have a cup of coffee!

Saying for the day: A kind word gladens the heart and lifts the soul.

It’s Monday and I have been out trying to leave comments on all the random blogs I visit. Every Monday I get up early and go to blog explosion and visit random blogs for 30 minutes to an hour.

The purpose of the visits is not to get credits but to leave comments. So I can take my time and think before I act.

I try to think of my visit as stopping by your house for a cup of coffee. It would not be polite for me to come in , drink your coffee, and listen to your stories and not say anything.

But this is often the way we treat our fellow bloggers. We stop by and read what they have struggled so hard to share with us and say nothing. We don’t tell them how good they made us feel or how helpful their information was to us. We don’t tell them we understand what they are going through.

We just come and go and it as if we were never there at all. How unkind of us.

So every Monday I try to be a good blog neighbor and leave comments.
I suppose I should do it every day but I don’t have the time.

On other days I only visit the blogs of friends and you always talk with friends.

@@@
8950 spins without a win. Tomorrow we reach 9000. When old hapless started spinning he never believed you could spin the IWON.com slot machine that many times and not win a prize. Why would CBS do that to a person. It just doesn't seem logical. But here he is fifty spins away from 9000 and fairly sure that he will reach that number without winning. In fact not winning at IWON now seems like the normal every day thing. How times change. But he hasn't quit that either shows advanced stupidity or real Finnish sisu.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if old Hapless doesn't win a prize tomorrow thus ending his fantastic losing streak and causing his computer to implode. We will be back tomorrow with another chapter of " As the World Spins".
***

Had a horrible time putting up this entry. I started at 6:00 and didn't get it published until 12:30. Blogger is such fun. This morning Betty and I poured the cement for the main street of Pigeon Falls. Well for half of it. Blogger went down again in the afternoon for about an hour. How can I get any comments if it keeps going down on "Leave a Comment Monday"? In the afternoon Betty made a dentist office from a kit for the outside layout. I cleaned the garage until it got too cold to work. They should make a movie of me cleaning it would be really funny. I clean sitting down on my walker and keep droping things. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sure, make me feel guilty for not leaving a comment whenever I visit your or anyone else's blog. As if I don't have enough feelings of guilt, not to mention various neuroses. Well, here you go. Keep up the good work. Now I can move on to find something else to feel guilty about.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Blogoshphere is full of lurkers, Doc (sort of virtual peeping Toms).

Blogger was a PAIN this morning - I gave up surfing Blogger blogs.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

What about the people who always talk and never listen? That is the great thing about blogs, you only listen to the people you want to hear about.

I was concerned when I saw you did not have an entry around noon so I was going to have the son call if there was nothing now (around 5). Hey, I left a comment on leave a comment Monday!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Chris Beason said...

I couldn't quite figure out how to install the automatic coffee maker in my new template, but maybe later I can get the kinks worked out on it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! It's always a joy to get comments from you and I always try to pay it forward, as well as pay it back.

In His Love,
Annette

5:06 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

I had problems too with blogger this morning. Must be maintence Monday. Sounds like you and Betty are keeping busy with the train, I think it is good that you have something that you do together and enjoy. Hope you had a good day, I am looking foward to your artifact tomorrow

5:52 PM  
Blogger threecollie said...

Well, hello, mine was one of the blogs you stopped by and commented and I appreciate it. Thanks, and stop by any time.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right, John .... We wouldn't visit someone's home, and say nothing. Sometimes I'm not sure of what it is I want to say, but I remind myself that when someone stops by my blog, I am happy just to hear that they were there. I guess it's not so important to say exactly the right thing, but that we do say something! Take care, Tina

8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey John,

Just stopped in for a quick look see around. I go through blogexplosion about 1-2 times per week and try and make a point of commenting on 3-5 sites or so. Like your method too.

I get a charge when I receive comments myself, so when I see a site I like or gives me something, I tried and spur on the writers with a comment too.

Keep it up, and based on all the comments you already have here, I'd say this one resonated well.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

I tired to leave acomment earlier but blogger was being a stupid thing, so I couldn't...BOO TO BLOGGER TODAY!!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You could leave the dentist office out I hate dentist. (Sorry any dentist but I have not had the best anything with dentists long story) Wow 11 comments I see the guilt thing works well. LOL

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home