Sunday, April 16, 2006

But I like Diet Coke

HAVE A BLESSED EASTER! GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Saying for the Day: If you can't trust the federal government who can you trust?


Well thanks to my federal government I can go back to drinking diet pop with aspartame again.

The government says its okay.

My government ran the study on more than a half million Americans that drink and drank the stuff.
They concluded that there was no significant increase in cancer among those that drank the stuff over and against those that didn’t.

Now if you can’t trust the federal government then who can you trust.

These are after all the wonderful people who gave us the Iraq war and other assorted good things.

I just have one little problem.
I wasn’t worried about cancer in the first place.
I wanted to know if it caused headaches, muscle weakness, short term memory loss, depression., and Bells Palsy.

Some non government tests seem to show that it does.
In fact 93 % of the independent tests seem to indicate a problem with aspartame.

But they aren’t my government so why should I trust them.

It also seems that the some of the FDA people involved in the study thought so highly of the sweetener that they went to work for the company that makes it when they left the FDA.
That shows confidence doesn’t it.

Would you go to work for a company that was poisoning your neighbors just to get a bigger salary? Of course you wouldn’t.

So I have decided to ignore the independent studies. They probably have been paid off by one of the other companies that sell sweeteners.
They do things like that you know.

I’m going to bet on the federal government.

Besides I like Diet Coke with aspartame.

There must be something wrong with my computer . The page looks so blurry and my head hurts.

@@@
8550 spins without a win. Old hapless was a winner this weekend. He got to spend time with daughter, son, and grandsons. It was better than winning some prize on IWON.com. It was what real life is all about, being surrounded by the people who love you. Spending quality time with people you only see every three or four months that's winning.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers of Old Hapless doesn't get so depressed when everyone leaves that he can't blog. We will be back tomorrow with another chapter in "As the World Spins"
****

By some miracle we got through the Easter Egg hunting thing, the breakfast thing, and the getting dressed thing in time to get to the 9:30 service at church. The choir was fantastic and they sang resurrection songs all during the Communion. My grandsons behaved better than I expected . I saw one drawing on a blank page in the bulletin and assumed he was drawing the usual monster but when I looked at the end of the service he had drawn the empty tomb. What a wonderful Sunday.I spent part of the day after church playing with the grandsons and when they left I worked on the trestle. I needa breathing treatment.
GBYA

Have a Blessed Easter. God Bless You All

6 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

aspartame is bad, ask my mom, she'll dig/print/email all the damage it can do...She is a very healthy eater (that is putting it midly LOL )...she doesn't touch any of anything i consider fun and she doesn't miss it. I am not that good. I have tried to be but i cannot stay far away from all the 'junkier' stuff out there. Of course, if you saw her, you would see a woman who is 56 and looks better than i do at 36. She is gorgeous and her skin is glowing and healthy....so i'm so counting on genes here...Oh pls let me have her genes...:)

I'm so happy that you had such a lovely visit. Yes, life is really about the loved ones. Lucky the ones that are so lucky.

God Bless You too Sir and i hope you are doing well...

6:34 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I am not a healthy eater....but that diet stuff is just ucky...I have a friend who drank diet coke....she went blind...they didnt know why...she went off the coke..sight came back ~ after a few months she wanted to try it again ~ she went blind again! She doesnt mess with it now. Theres worse things than being overweight. Being unhappy is much worse! Enjoy your day with your family ~ wishing you and Betty a great day!!!!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Dr. John and Betty - What a surprise I had when I read you blog from Saturday. You had a site for the U.P that had pictures of some homes around Crystal Falls. One of them shown was the house I grew up in as a boy and the others were from the same neighborhood. It was 35 years ago but seems just like yesterday.

Have a Blessed Easter and don't worry about the diet soda.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I was very proud to read one of my nephews had drawn a picture of an empty tomb. I went to the wikipedia(sp?) to check out who was born on my birthday and the first person listed was Jesus of Nazareth...is this a joke? I think it is since my birthday is Sept. 29 so I stopped looking to see who else was born on that day.

I will blog tomorrow to let you know how our Easter went.

Lori

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day ... there is nothing better than a holiday spent with the people that we love. The older I get, the more I appreciate that fact.
Bless you and yours,too, John.
p.s.... Don't think I'll ever be able to give up my Diet Coke !

9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't trust my government.

I don't trust aspartame.

I don't trust independent studies.

I don't trust IWon.com.

I have major trust issues.

However, I trust that you had a nice visit with your loved ones, and that's plenty of good news for one day!

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home