Monday, April 10, 2006

Another Blog Bites the Dust

Saying for the Day:Tis a horrible thing to have to destroy thy own creation.

It is leave a comment Monday and I am sad.
One of my blogs will never see another comment.
I had to kill it this morning.
I loved that blog. I created it in the bathtub.
Only my best creations come there.
It was called “ The Dragon Awards” . It grew out of random blogging and the discovery that there were lot of left and right wing blogs that distorted the facts or arrogantly proclaimed lies as the truth.
So I decided to award those blogs some dragons. Red dragons for left wing blogs and blue dragons for right wing blogs.
It went well at first. I awarded a hold flock of dragons. It was really too easy.
But nobody paid attention to the dragons. I would tell them of the award and they ignored me. I made no impact.
In addition I found I didn’t have the time to keep up this blog and Personal Diatribes plus the dragon awards.
So I stopped updating the dragons.
The poor thing just sat there , abandoned by its creator and ignored by the world.
It could have drifted forever in cyber space . Seen only on a rare occasion when somebody bumped into it. It would be lonely and forgotten.
So today I did the only humane thing. I killed it.
I went to Blogger. I called it up. I hit the delete button and it was gone.
But I miss it. I do.
It had to be done. It did. It could not go on.
But I’m still sad. It was my creation. It was part of me.
Now its gone, forever.

@@@
8250 spins without a prize. Yesterday Old Hapless kept his losing string intact. He and Mrs. Hapless were 1200 points ahead with 500 points needed to end the game of canasta with his granddaughter and daughter-in-law and they still lost . The sneaky little kid kept a pair of aces in her hand with aces on the table and picked up one great deck. She had no mercy on grandpa. Its funny though Old Hapless didn't mind losing .
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if the four year old grandson doesn't beat Old Hapless at a game of Uncle Wiggly causing him to begin a study of childhood games with no time for computing. We will be back tomorrow with "As the World Spins".
****

I gave in and put the word verification back. They are putting in our new furnace and I am freezing. They are also making a lot of noise. If you want to see pictures of the town where I live go to Upper Michigan and Beyond. There is a link on the side. I live just down from the old Church. The furnace is in and the heat is back on. I am thawing out. Tomorrow we go back to the box and my romances. But now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

12 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

I am sorry about your blog Dr John ~ And I am sure you will miss it ~ it was something you created ~ and even if you havent kept it up lately..you knew it was there.

Very interesting that you created it in the bath tub! If the tub had stopped up would that have been a bolg clog? ( wink)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Oh shoot...... a blog clog....I hate it when I misspell!!!!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

Sorry for your loss Dr. John. But it was the humane thing to do. Putting the Dragon Blog down was something you needed to do, and now the blog is in a better place.

I feel like I am consoling you about putting a pet to sleep.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( Sorry to hear about your blog. My condolences.

And just so you know, I would've appreciated the Dragons... I would've kept them in my sidebar and treasured them :)

6:33 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

One of my all time favorite memories is playing cards with my great-grandparents after dinner every day. Thank you for writting about your game. It brought me back to a place and time when i was just in heaven.

Sorry about your blog. Maybe you could do a once a month award ceremony in this blog.

Hope you are ok. Read you tomorrow.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your dearly departed dead dragons, Dr. John. You must know that extreme people (whether left or right) only really hear themselves. Small wonder they didn't appreciate your dragons.

Sure looks cold up there, hope they finish your furnace before night! I grew up in Wisconsin, so I know how you feel. Should I not mention that it's 84 degrees here? Yes, it's already way too hot for my comfort. Ah, well..

Here's a train for you:

http://www.yessy.com/art166/photos.html?i=9999

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Doc,

I told you before...

ambidextrous dragons are the only way to go.

red..blue..wateva..

P.S. left-handed dragon eggs are the best!
PPS: You're right to go with the w%rd v£rific!tion, but wot the HELL means kslzqsfo???????

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. John, Thank you for your visit to my blog. I just visited yours and I feel for you about dropping your other blog. I get highly upset when I keep losing my long entries on my blog. I noticed the sled in your garage. It reminds me of home in Pa. when I lived there. Maybe you can start up another blog to take its place. You made me chuckle when you mentioned your wife's remark. God Bless you and your whole family. Have a great day.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Penelda said...

Dr. John AKA Dad
I feel that I must say Sorry for your loss I must also say a word or two about the Dragons. They were loyal and did their job of rating blogs well. They had accomplished their task and have moved on to a greater place.
Canasta with the next generation. Traditions are wonderful. Lets leave the walking home in huff out of the tradition.
Happy Comment Monday

May the force and God be with you

Pennie

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of the demise of your beloved blog. The good ones always die young, don't they ? I wish I could have read it before you put it to rest. Well, you did what you had to do. R.I.P. Tina

11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read this post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such themes. I love to read stories like that. By the way add more pics :)

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home