Saturday, April 08, 2006

Send someone to Hell.

Saying for the day: You can go to Hell and I mean that in a nice way.

My blog friend TC did a number of blogs on town and city names that called up the schoolboy in him. They were sorta funny.

The whole blog reminded me of a Michigan town that it is very useful to know about.

The town was founded by a man names George Reeves. According to the local legend he ran a mill for grinding grain on the Hell River. When farmers brought in their grain he turned the first bushel into whiskey. This meant the farmer , who drank the whiskey, didn't come home that night. Often the horse went home without him. When the wife was asked where the farmer was she would mutter that he's gone to Hell.

In 1841 when George was asked by the state of Michigan what he wanted to call his town he said, " Call it hell, for all I care. Everyone else does." So they did.

All this information and more is available at the Hell Michigan website .Be sure to check out their store. It has wild items.

I always thought this would make a great Country and Western song. You know, with verses like " The world is such a rotten place I want to go back to hell. The little town where I was born"

Now because you have this valuable information you can tell people to "Go to Hell" in a nice way. I understand its not a bad little place.

@@@
8150 spins without a win. Old Hapless is a bit depressed today. There was no "Deal or no Deal" on NBC last night. Instead there was some kind of music program. Old Hapless needs "Deal or no Deal" both so he can watch other greedy losers and so he can enter and lose in their home contest. Doesn't NBC care about its audience?
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if NBC doesn't announce the canceling of "Deal or no Deal" sending old Hapless into such a depression he can't blog . Will be back tomorrow with "As the World Spins"
****

I finally got a hold of somebody from the museum board and it sounds like they might accept my offer of a garden railroad for the museum ( I provide the equipment, all new, and they do the work). I am excited because I get to go to church tonight if I can make it through the garage.What a wonderful day. I called my sister and that went well. I got to go to church and that was a real joy. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA


10 Comments:

Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

HAHA!! Oh Lordy....That's gotta be quite a quandry for the local clergymen!! They can't preach about not sinning -- Usually it's said that if you Sin you'll go to Hell. But these people are already there!! I sense there's a lot of problems for the churchfolk....

ROFL I am sorry, but I just cannot stop laughing over thsi town and it's citizens. It's just too funny and I'm tired and silly this morning!

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could contrast it with another Michigan town -- Paradise. Located north of Tahquamenon Falls on Lake Superior in the UP. Imagine Paradise & Hell in the same state. Just separated by 350 miles and one long bridge.

Sue from Indiana

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting - my friend Dawn informs me that there is also a small sleepy town in Newfoundland and Labrador called Paradise.

I have to say, after looking at both websites, Hell definitely looks more like a good time!

Suppose it depends upon what mood you're in! ;-)

6:29 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

Well I know in Pennsylvania they have Amish towns called Intercourse and Bird in Hand. There are a few others but I cannot remember them right now. But I had seen a story on the news of the sign for Hell with ice all over it and of course it said Hell Froze over.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

I never heard of it before. That's pretty funny.

7:40 AM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Hi This is The crazy object B I wonder if i can come and see you I hope soon I have a new post on my blog come see it.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

I went to the Hell Website. I thought two things were hilariously funny from the souvenier shop:

1. Buy a piece of Land in Hell for $6.66 and get a Printed Deed.

2. Buy a "Bat out of Hell"

too frickin' funny!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I think it would make a great country western song! lol...too cute!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to visit this town, just so I can say I've "been to Hell and back." Glad you had a good day. Hope they let you sit through the Gospel this evening ... it was a long one! Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://vioperdosas.net/][img]http://sapresodas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]windows vista transformation pack, [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]discount for software[/url]
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]microsoft software factory[/url] adobe air software free software of macromedia flash
buy downloadable software [url=http://sapresodas.net/]student discount on computer software[/url] trading software for sale
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]discount software discount game[/url] cheapest recording software
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]used filemaker pro[/url] buy it now software
filemaker pro 10 training [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]software with student discount[/url][/b]

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home