Thursday, March 30, 2006

Time for a commercial

Saying for the day: We interrupt this blog for this important message.
Its time for that point where people go and get a beer. I suppose in the blog world its where one pops on to the next blog and hopefully comes back tomorrow.

But my sponsor expects me to speak a word on His behalf.

I have such a joy in Jesus that I have to share it with you.

Please don’t throw anything at me.

I don’t want you to think I’m so arrogant that I believe my religion is better than yours. In point of fact yours is probably better than mine. I’m a Lutheran and this is a strange time to be Lutheran. The church has no idea of what it is in this century . It has all kinds of forces threatening to pull it apart. So I am not trying to get you to be Lutheran.

No I just want to tell you that from the time I ran into the man Jesus who is also God I have had a joy that has lasted no matter what life threw at me. That much God expects me to do.

God does not require that I twist your arm. God does not require that I make you into my kind of Christian.
God just requires I share the joy. I just have to tell you that Jesus brings me joy. I can not imagine walking without him.

You are free to shake your head and say “The poor old man is befuddled”. I may be. But I have a real joy in my befuddlement.

If you have your own joy I rejoice with you. If you have found God by some other name I rejoice with you. If you have decided there is no God I will still like you.
I am not required to judge you. In fact He who directs my life forbids me to do that.

So let me again say that Jesus gives me joy. I want you to have that same joy.

This is the end of my commercial.
I return you to the blog.

@@@
7700 spins without a win. Well Old Hapless watched a lady pass up $130,000 because of greed. But she checked it in in time to take home over $20,000 so she wasn't a total loser. The program of course was "Deal or no Deal" home of greed and more greed. Old Hapless is sure that if he went on the program he would end up with $.01 .His final choice would be between $750,000 and $.01 with an offer of $300,000 on the table. His case would have the $.01.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if "Deal or no Deal" doesn't call and invite Hapless to be on the show causing him to have a complete and total nervous breakdown. We will be back tomorrow with "As the World Spins"
****

My daughter who has been complaining about getting no comments had her comment modification on and didn't know it.( She is new to blogging). Once she discovered what was wrong she also discovered she had lots of comments she had never seen. Today is Betty's birthday and the daughter sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I did a lot more walking with the walker. If I keep making progress I might even be able to get out of the fortress.(But do I want to?)Started work on the April web pages for United. Talked to my Sister and my son Peter who called to wish Betty a happy birthday. Well I need a breathing treaTMENT.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had just finished my personal morning devotions and decided to check my email and your blog before heading off to the office. What a wonderful message from your sponsor. And the music was an added plus. You're really getting into the big leagues now! I didn't have the radio or TV on this morning so your's was the first commercial I heard today. What a great way to start out the day! The sun is shining, life is good, and I tune into a personal testimony about my sponsor too. This verse from Joshua sums up my thoughts for beginning each day - it's my favorite, "Choose this day whom you will serve; As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Jesus IS the reason - no matter what the season! God Bless you and Betty today my friend. Thanks for the message from your sponsor.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An added thought - Don't be too hard on us Lutherans. I think we're still in a process of reformation. Pray Faithfully for that to occur.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

You probably have no idea how many people's lives you have changed through your years as a pastor and now in your blogs....ALOT!

The reason your daughter complains is because that is how she gets results ...she is a therapist and knows about this stuff. (hey, it worked on me!)

8:29 AM  
Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

What is Faith?
Faith is to believe and to obey God no matter the trials and tribulations.

Sharing the Word of your own faith with others helps us to lift ourselves higher and higher.

Thank you and give my love to your family and brethren.

We are victorious in Christ Jesus our Lord and God.

Keep blogging, keep surfing, keep sharing and keep smiling.

God bless.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I avoided thinking too much about God for a long time. I just sort of told people "yeah I'm a Christian. I go to church" and left it at that. I thought that was enough. Then one day when I least expected, I started to "actually" believe. For real, like I actually felt it. I'm not the most emotional person around, but I have to say, it was a pretty great feeling and I've had a lot more peace and happiness since that moment.

And btw the way, we Episcopalians certainly have had our share of rough times in recent years too! Lots of families left my church, but those who remained really pulled together. That's one of the nice things that can come from hard times.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best non-offensive Come to Jesus message EVER.

I'm of the ilk of "There must be some sort of Higher Power thing going on for lack of a better explanation" tho. I think the death of a baby might do that to a person. I'll include a link (on my name) about a series of poems I wrote about him) There were several raging at God battles in there, because my pregnancy with him actually brought me to God. And then he died.

But your message actually made me smile.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait! Don't go reading the poems until tomorrow. I've got some photos I need to add.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

that was a very lovely declaration of love...our of all your most interesting tales of courtship and love, this one beats them all!
I'm a rejoicing with you and because of you i feel that much lighter just now...i loved the music as well...we get gifts unexpectedly and all around: I usually have the speakers on mute, but the i was watching a sketching tuturial and i turn them on, i would have immediately turn them mute when i was done but i didn't and then i came to read your blog and there was soothing and beauty coming from your blog...thank you. Thank you for the lovely comment too...Hope you are well, read you tomorrow.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

The link to your daughter blog seems is not working (at least for me)...i'll try later but in the meantime pls let her now that i did the exact same thing not too long ago....good luck to her and i look forward to reading her blog as well...

11:44 AM  
Blogger Penelda said...

Hello Dad,

Thanks for this blog I needed to be reminded of the joy.

I would also like to thank you for the heads up about my blog.

Pennie

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm done with the pictures in my Jacob blog if you'd like to take a peek.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home