Monday, March 20, 2006

Butterfly Effect on Monday

Saying for the Day: What we do today has a profound impact on what happens tomorrow.

Today is leave a comment Monday.

I can tell you that it would be very good for you to do so.

Why would it benefit you to leave a comment?

Because of the butterfly effect. I blogged on that yesterday. If you don’t understand it scroll down and read my brilliant explanation.

My son (the one that took chaos theory in college) and I have pulled together all the base data.

We have applied the three basic Lorenz equations.

We have determined that any comment left on this website today will affect the commentator in a positive manner. Possible effects:

You might become healthier.

You might win a lottery.

You might have your conservatory repaired.

It might even cause you to become rich .

The exact effect is beyond our ability to predict.

But we are sure that it will affect you in a positive manner.

The downside of this is that those same equations would seem to indicate that if you fail to leave a comment that some negative effect will take place.


I would not begin to guess what those might be.

My son , who is braver than I am, thinks that a full body rash is a real possibility. Also possible , new and unwanted hair, hair loss, warts, flat tires, moldy bread, windows failure, new and never seen error messages on your computer.

I want to point out that I I don’t think the equations support anything that clear but then he took the course and I didn’t.

I leave it up to you my dear reader. The theory could be all wrong. We may not have enough raw data.

On the other hand . Why take a chance.

Leave a comment.

@@@
7200 spins without a prize. Old Haplless says you can change his name to Mr. Millionth. No he did not win a million. That would have been nice. But he was the millionth customer at ten different web sites. Wow, how cool is that. Can you imagine the odds against that happening. Now those fine web sites wouldn't lie so he must have been the millionth person to log in at each of them. Someday he'll take the time to find out what he gets for being Mr. Millionth.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if old hapless doesn't try hoping on one foot which would cause him to fall on his head and be too confused to compute. We will be back tomorrow with another adventure of "As the World Spins".
****

Well I set out to leave my thirty comments for the day. If you want comments you have to leave comments. Then my internet connection died. My son told me how to restore it but there is no way my wife can get the wheel chair into the computer room.So I had to explain the procedure to her. Miracles do happen and she restored the connection.
It was another dull day of sitting in the lift chair in the living room. The only trip out was to the bathroom in the wheel chair from hell. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

I'm first, I WIN!!!

Comment

you said to leave a comment. So I have...it's right up there on it's very own line.....

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've experienced enough chaos theory for one year, Doc.

If it get's any more chaotic, I'll be meeting myself returning from where I thought I might have been before setting out...'n stuff.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooooaaa, Doc. You are not gonna believe this...

Since leaving my last comment here, I have been invited for a job interview with a company I first applied to about a year ago!

How's that for voodoo...?

9:09 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

After reading tc's comment and his good luck, I had to leave a comment. We could use some good luck around here...Lori

10:35 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment. Love has no boundaries or any limits...I'm sorry about your parents too. As for your theory, i too, believe that it kinda works like that.

11:02 AM  
Blogger letter shredder said...

thank you for dropping a line on my blog.

about the post... it is BLOCKmail Awards because they are my friends in college and we happen to come from the same block (all journalism students for that year).

Most of them are in the media, some appear on TV. Establishing the credibility they have in writing, it was a funny thing to show how they goof around.

cheers!

4:50 PM  
Blogger John said...

Dang. 8th. That makes me the little kid on eight is enough. Drat.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home