Friday, March 17, 2006

An ethical dilemma in renting.

Saying for the Day: I have a new renter and you have to click on her.

“I want to welcome “Crying Harry” from “Cry until A Puddle Forms” as my new renter.

I want you to blog over and have a good cry with him and his wife.
They just lost their house and their dog and a couple of cats.

I feel sure this is something you want to read about.”

All over blogdom these messages are appearing as people rent out advertising on their blog.

It is of course not good enough to just put up the advertisement.

You have to welcome them.

You have to give people a reason to click on them.

Because for the most part any sharp blogger has learned to ignore those side advertisements.

You have to make people want to click on them.

This, of course is okay on a day when you have nothing to say anyway.
It takes up space.
That is good.
It means that you don’t have to think very much.
You just reword what your renter says about his blog in the renters introduction.

However on a day when you just want to share the new recipe you have for hamburger and Strawberry jam it’s a pain.

If you put your recipe ahead of the welcome, people will be so excited over the recipe they will never get to the welcome.

And of course you can only read so much in 30 seconds.

This is what is know as an ethical dilemma.

Really sharp bloggers solve the problem by working the welcome into the recipe or whatever. You know like this

Our new renter , you should click on him , really likes our recipe for Hamburger and Jam . Remember when you finish reading the recipe to click on the renter.

I , however, have decided that I will never have a renter.

I am too much afraid of a lawsuit from the ACLU when I refuse to let “ Atheists Against Everybody” rent my space.

It would probably go all the way to the Supreme Court and I’m not sure Judge Alito would support me.

@@@
7050 spins without a prize.Having passed the 7000 mark old hapless is now setting his sights on 8000 spins on Iwon.com's prize machine without a win. It almost seems impossible but old hapless thinks he can do it. He has this losing thing down to a science. You don't reach 7000 without some working technique. Since IWON is owned by CBS it must really be giving away all those prizes and hapless has avoided getting any. He is good at what he does.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if old hapless doesn't change his technique and accidently win something thus causing his grand sons to cheer so loud the computer screen implodes. We will be back tomorrow with another adventure of "As the World Spins".
***

We are going to leave the Fortress and travel to the big city of Iron Mountain . We are going to eat out and take in a movie. We might even go to Wal Mart. Can life be any better than this?Oh, and Pat took a bath in the tub with a door and didn't flood the house this time.
I am never leaving the Fortress again! Never ! I fell in Iron Mountain. I spent four hours in the emergency room. I won't be able to walk without extreem pain for a week. I am never leaving the Fortress again. I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

5 Comments:

Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

Hi Dr. John! Mimi told me to check out your site -- so here I am!

I just don't get the whole blog renting thing. Like, does someone actually PAY you to put an advertisement on YOUR blog for theirs?? Or is it one of those "out of the goodness of my heart, and cause I wanna look UBER COOL, I have a renter..."? *shrugs* just seems silly.

I am gonna add you to my blog roll. Feel free to stop by my site. Mimi says you hav some contest about most comments or something....I think I might win after yesterday -- normal person blog wise anyway!

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doc - have a great tenant-free week-end!

9:35 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I went through that whole post waiting for the hamburger and strawberry jam recipe. What gives?

By the way, Happy St. Pat's!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Dr.John, I am unfortunately tagging you. Go on over to www.blogcharm.com/expat/ for details.
I do get the renting thing, and I have competitions involving it too.

7:49 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

louboutin shoes
balenciaga sneakers
hermes belts
nike huarache
hermes online
longchamp
coach outlet store
jordan shoes
nike react
adidas yeezy boost

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home