Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Part two of the almost romance.

Saying for the Day: Always start what you finish.

This is part two of a two part blog. If you didn’t read part one scroll down and do so now or just guess what it was like.

Things went well at the dance until the disaster.

We were in the middle of the dance floor when the band suddenly shifted from a waltz to a fast number.

Now I was doing a pretty good job of faking a waltz . I really was.
But there was no way I could dance to what they started to play.

It was so humiliating.
I walked her out from the middle of the floor.

I swear everyone stared at us.

She was not happy.
Not happy girls don’t make for fulfilled day dreams.

So we left the dance a little early.

We were going out to eat. I thought if I play it right she’ll forget the horror of the dance.
I was prepared to spend for the most fantastic meal ever.

But on the way to the restaurant disaster struck again.

We started down a street that would take us to the main street .
We started to slide.

I pumped the brakes.

We slid faster.

I jammed on the brakes.

We slid faster.

We slid through the main street.
We kept sliding .
The portage loomed in front of us.

We kept sliding.

My life flashed in front of me.
We were going to drown.
Nothing could save us.
I knew the meaning of terror.
My bladder left go. ( Fear does that to me)

Suddenly without warning the car stopped.
It just stopped.
In other circumstances one might have considered it a miracle.

We were alive.
We weren't sinking in the water.

I should have rejoiced.

Two thoughts flashed through my mind.

I have to return these pants.
I can’t go to a restaurant like this.

I dropped her at her Aunts. I didn’t even get a good night kiss.

I snuck back into the dorm. I was a flop, a failure.

Don’t ever ask God to help you sin.

The next day ( a beautiful day) I drove her home. We hardly talked.

Soon after we broke up.

I suppose she is telling her grandkids about the geek that took her to the Snow Ball. But maybe not.

The wife I have now says I should throw the tickets away.

But they tell me something about God ( God has a sense of humor)

So I never will.

@@@
6950 spins without a prize. Hapless got an email today from some nice people who want to help him win at lotto. For just $39.95 a month they will use chaos theory to give him the best possible numbers to play. Not only that but it comes with a guarantee. If after six months he hasn't won at least $15,000 they will give him the next six months of losing numbers for free. Hapless had to turn the offer down because he is very good at picking losing numbers and he doesn't need their help. Now if they would guarantee him that if he doesn't win the $15,000 they will give it to him he might reconsider.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if hapless doesn't change his mind and buy a one month trial subscription causing his ever faithful wife to take a baseball bat to his computer. We will be back tomorrow with another adventure of " As the World Spins"
***
Coming tomorrow 100 absolutely dull facts about the good Dr. You have been warned. Please, however come back on Friday. As a further disincentive I will post pictures of me down through the ages next to the list.
Betty went to Tops and I thawed my own meal. Usually when I thaw it's a Banquet meal for $1.00 but today I thawed a high price meal ($3.76) . It was in a much prettier package and the name suggested a high price restaurant. It tasted the same as the Banquet. What kind of world is it where you end up paying more for the package rather than the contents? Three of my grand sons are here until Sunday and I am really feeling old. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.
Can't top that.
If you're gonna go, you might as well go down in flames!

Woulda had first comment there, Doc, if Blogger wasn't going into serious meltdown today!
Apparently there's a problem and an engineer has been assigned to it.

He lie.

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stories always make me chuckle. Chuckle. Chuckle.

And by the way--you asked about the sermon on Sunday? It was good but sad. My minister has been nominated to be a bishop in California and might leave us. So I had to think about going to the drugstore so I wouldn't be sad. Yeah that's it.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home