Friday, March 24, 2006

What is my name?

Saying for the day: It is essential in life that one remembers his or her name.

I am in real trouble.

I have forgotten my name.

I can see the doors of the nursing home opening . They are wheeling me in a wheel chair. The chicken there is worse than that at Kentucky Fried Chicken.

How could I forgot my name you ask? ( Well you did didn’t you)

Its because I have so many of them.

The name I forgot is not the name my mother gave me. I still remember that. ( She screamed it at me enough times)

No it is one of my many names I need to get into web sites.

You know. The name that goes with the password I can’t remember.

This particular name of mine is for “Fantasticchickens.com” . You know the people that make fried chicken ten times better than KC. Then they freeze it . Pack it in dry ice and send it to you. It only costs ten times what you pay at KC. Ah, but the taste makes it worth while.

So I go to the website and of course it says enter your name and password.

Now I’ve narrowed the password down to one of three:

Chickenfeathers, chickenmanure, or chickenfeed.


I always pick passwords that have to do with the blog so I won’t forget them.

But my name . I can’t remember my name.

I’m fairly sure its not my real name.

So I try. Drjohnfortress. I use that sometimes.

I try it with each of the three passwords.

I don’t get in.

Okay, I was more creative that day.

Possibly a combination of my two oldest grandsons. Alexelijah.

I try that with all three passwords.

I don’t get in.

Okay I hit the little check here to retrieve password.

It says please enter your login name and password will be sent to you.

I don’t know my password name.

I want some chicken.

I decide to register as a new customer.

I type in my email address.

I get a notice . This email already has an account try a different email.

I don’t have a different email.

I still have not ordered any chicken.

I go back to trying every name I can think of and my three passwords.

Perhaps nursing home chicken won’t be so bad after all.

But it won’t taste like Fantastic Fried Chicken . It just won’t.

@@@
7400 spins without a prize. Old Hapless has a new person to invite to his losers party. She was on "Wheel of Fortune". She had $6300 on the board. It was obvious she knew the phrase.Then she hit that space where it was either bankrupt or $10,000. She had to choose. She could take another $1000 and have a sure $7300 or take a chance for a possible $16,300. She took a chance. She lost and ended up with nothing. Our kind of loser.
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if Old Hapless doesn't wrangle an invite to Wheel of Fortune and hit three bankrupts causing him to quit gambling forever. We will be back tomorrow with "As the World Spins".
****

I walked from the lift chair to the hall with the walker.Betty pushed the wheel chair behind until I sat down. Another dull day. I did some blogging . Betty went out to the Post Office. The lungs seem a liuttle stronger. Well i need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

6 Comments:

Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

maybe you can email the company and explain you forgot your username? Or maybe call them? Just a thought....

dang, now I want some fried chicken...which is TOTALLY NOT on my diet....

a pox on you Dr. John! I am tryign to lose weight!!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

If i had to stop and count all the different name/passwords for everyday living-Well i better know my numbers then. It's hard to keep track of them all for sure, so i feel for you. I have been there too. What is helping me out is that i have set a folder in my comp to write down all comp related key words...I do agree with the previous comment-call their 1-800 # or email the company- and ask them to reset your name/password....Hope you are feeling well. Read you tomorrow. And thanks for your nice comment.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to have a mini database now to store all my user names and passwords, because I would need a photographic memory to remember them all.

And I haven't.

Why did I come here...?

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say open up a new account.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I do not have any advice on this but thought I would leave a comment anyway. Glad to hear the lungs are stronger so you can yell louder when you forget your name.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there; Done that!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home