Tuesday, April 04, 2006

At last real love

Saying for the Day:There is nothing in all the world that can compare to true love.

It’s archeological Tuesday and we dig in the box, again. There is a copy of a summer class schedule. It is faded and you can hardly make out the classes.

That’s okay because this artifact doesn’t speak to me of education but of love.

It was the summer after my second year in seminary. I was going back to Northern to finish a Master’s degree just in case this pastor thing failed and God gave me something else to do.

She was standing on the other side of the registration desk and the moment I saw her I was in love again. This was love.

It was not like Jeannie, or the nurse.

It was more like napkin girl only better.

It was heart pounding, unbelievable love.

She didn’t see me or I know she would have felt the same.

I read well upside down ( a necessary survival tool for a college student) and so I read her registration card. Now I knew where she was staying.

The next day I called her . I decided to try truth and told her I saw her at registration and would like to meet her. Much to my surprise she said she had seen me as well. ( I didn’t know my staring was that obvious) I invited her to ride out to the health camp where I had worked ( a 30 mile drive)

I expected her to say , “ Get lost jerk” but she said yes.
It was wonderful. It was unbelievable . I was going to be in the same car with her.

On the same seat with her.

So Saturday came and we drove. Ten minutes into the drive it was no longer I who was in love it was we.

The heavens had begun to open. I could see that special lightning.

It was love.

Fifteen minutes later I stopped the car. I put my arm around her and I kissed her.

Me! The guy so shy that he could hardly hold a girl’s hand, kissed her

Now the heavens opened.

Now the birds sang.

Now the bells rang.

We were in love. O, we were in love.

I went back to driving.

I stopped the car again.

I proposed right there and then.

I know I should have waited until I could do the kneeling bit and all that but I was in love. She looked at me. The car grew silent .
She said…

YES!

She said YES. Now the heavens opened the rest of the way.

The bells were louder . The birds sang more beautifully. The ground opened and swallowed us up.

We were in love . We were going to get married. Everything was right with the world.

Well almost right. There was little matter of telling her parents, my parents, and of course Gram .

But we didn’t care we were in love.

The wife I have now said “ You don’t need this old registration card why not get rid of it.

But I never will. Once I was in love , really in love.

@@@
7950 spins without a win. Old Hapless is a little worried about Iwon.com. That's where he gets his fifty free losing spins every day. To get the free spins he has to click on advertisers. But in the last few days Iwon had him click on things they do instead of outside adds. If the adds dry up its possible Iwon will close down. Then where will Old Hapless go to spin in the morning?
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if IWON doesn't close down causing Old Hapless to go into a deep blue funk and quit blogging. We will be back tomorrow with another addition of "As the World Spins".
****

The new wheel chair came today. It is really fancy. I , however am doing a lot more walking with the walker and even a little without it. I had my meals in the kitchen today for the first time since I fell. I notice a number of comments that suggest todays blog is not the end of the story and of course they are right. Next Tuesday I'll dig back in the box and the story will continue if I find the right artifact. So many questions. Where does Betty come in? Do I marry Kathryn? Whatever happened to napkin girl? Some might even get answered.
Betty is ordering some buildings for the HO layout. She has also decided to put together the iron mine kit. It needs to be soldered so she is learning to soder. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Doc, you left us hanging there by the short ones...

Presumably there's going to be a second part to this breakneck lurv story...?

Otherwise we'll have to resort to...THE JUDGE!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh you are mischievous! I thought i was just about to hear about your wife, lol! You actually had anticipating every read word...lol!
Can't wait to see what happened next.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am trying to think of a good comment even though your blog is not about birch tress(thank goodness). Hmmmm.....cannot think of one, so never mind! I am still adjusting to the time change(that's my excuse and I am sticking to it).

8:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Doc,

That was truly beautiful! Truly twisted, but truly beautiful!

In your honor, on Wednesday (tomorrow), I'm posting . . . trees!

I expect you to come see if they're birch . . .

P.S. So sorry you lost your marbles, but at least they're with family!

10:15 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

You need to continue this story, dont just leave us hanging here!!!!
I, like Mimi, thought this was going to be the story of how you met your wife

11:17 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

What a great story!!!!! I assume this may be a mini series???? Because I can hardly wait to hear the rest of it!!! This is beautiful!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Doc ... I just found my way over here. Wish I could tell you how, but I am a little short on memory these days. Anyway, I had a great time reading your posts. I'm anxious to get back over here and see what else you have to say in the days ahead. Oh, and by the way .... hang onto that registration card. It's your ticket to a trip down memory lane! Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home