Friday, April 14, 2006

Thank you John Hopkins

Saying for the day: Just when all seems to be lost then comes the calvary.

Forget everything I said in yesterdays post. Science has come to rescue me.

Just when I was sure I was doomed to soon forget where the bathroom was ,
not to mention the names of my children,
scientists at John Hopkins University offered me hope.

They discovered that for patients at high risk of Alzheimer's disease, taking a combination of vitamins E and C plus ibuprofen significantly reduces their risk.

All I have to do is take vitamin E, C, and ibuprofen. That’s it. That will save me from sitting around and drooling. Wow.

Just one pill a day. Keeps me sane and in play.

Thank you John Hopkins.

Now if I can find something to prevent the heart attack and stroke I might live forever.

@@@
8450 spins without a win. Old Hapless is getting tired of being the millionth visitor. Already today he was the millionth visitor twice. He has figured out its a scam. He also has decided that the people who put it together are not too sharp. They need a new number . He could be the 2006th visitor , which seems more reasonable and makes sense because of the year. Or perhaps the 7777th visitor because people really like sevens ( I read that on a blog).
Well Uncle Wiggly lovers if those people don't change their number thus causing old Hapless to fall for their scam and thus have no time left to blog (too busy jumping through hoops). We will be back tomorrow with"As the World Spins"
****
Good day today. I updated the church web page with a new top tem list. I started work on a new trestle for the outside railroad and got it half finished. It was good to do something other than compute and watch television. Betty wrapped birthday gifts for my grandson who will be here late tonight. My daughter came home for the weekend and it was good to see her .
Betty and Pennie and I went to the Good Friday evening service at United. It was good to be in church with both of them. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

9 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

Aren't those medical reports funny? There is a saying in the city i live, "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 mins" and it kinda applies to these findings...silly.

I want to thank you for the lovely comment and for the warm wishes for a happy bday...i got to tell you it wasn't my bday but i can certainly see how you (and others) might have thought so. I'm sorry for the confusion, my bday is not until Sept. but i'll keep the best wishes close to my heart until then :) . I get often told that i write as i speak. So fast and without much thinking, lol, so i often into the following sentece before i finsih where i am...So it wasn't the half-english in you but the full-spanish in me, lol.

I hope you and your family have the most wonderful Easter. Stay well and have fun and enjoy all the treats.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now if I can just find where I put the bottles of E,C, aspirin etc. I know they have to be here somewhere.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's already gone too far - my body now rejects anything but chilled vodka!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

i was going to let this go but they did a study on E for those of us with eye dieases and too much of it made our problem worse. i just didn't want you getting on your walker and scurrying to get E when it may do more harm than good.

Happy Easter to everyone....Lori

11:48 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Do you remember how they said the eggs were bad for you and made your cholestrol go up....and now they say eating eggs is fine...??? Phooey on all of it and live till ya die!

Im glad I brought memories of your Grandmother back for you with my blog. You must have had the same kind of Grandparents I had. I loved them so much and when I sit and think of them I get this feeling...I dont know what it is...its like a real homesick feeling. I have so many wonderful memories I could write a book. One of the best foundations for a child is a wonderful set of Grandparents!I was truly blessed!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

ps...Happy Easter!!!!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a blessed Easter!

I've been too busy with my maple syruping to read anyone's blogs ... finally got caught up on yours.
The warm weather seems to do a lot of healing ... Hope you can enjoy your railroad soon.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe there is a hidden message in your saying for the day. Should it really be "Just when all seems to be lost then comes the calvary" or should it be "cavalry". The cavalry might be the group seemingly coming to the rescue. But the real rescue comes from "Calvary" and we all look for that rescue today-Good Friday. So when we say "All seems to be lost - then comes Calvary" that's exactly right!! But then comes Easter and that is even better!!!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I have lost my blog :((....I started a new one....this is it...I dont know where my blog went..it was just gone :((

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home